• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Gay Sex in Politics

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Diciple, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diciple

Diciple Regular Member

+22
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    In British politics the nation focusses a lot on gay issues. As Christians most, if not all will be have something to say about gay matters. My biggest problem is when some Christians say gay sex is not a sin when as the Bible explains, it clearly is. Our local MP Tim Farron, who is a committed Christian says gay sex is not a sin. He goes to our Church and we had a special prayer meeting last Wednesday night to pray and discuss his situation. Even our PM, Teresa May on, "The Andrew Marr Show" said gay sex was not a sin. How are we as Christians to react to his situation?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tstor

tstor Where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases.

+539
    United States
    Unitarian
    Celibate
    US-Others
    We pray for him and try to help him come to a proper understanding of Scriptures. We cannot have Christians encouraging and promoting sin, as that is the work of devil.

3. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,779
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    Remind him his loyalty should be to God, not the opinion that will get him votes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,126
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    The scriptures are actually referring to people who have sex with multiple partners and or multiple genders. Not specifically singling out sexual orientation as most think. Some people who go "Sexually crazy" end up with same gender partners...which is very visible and offensive. It would be silly to assume that overly active sexual heterosexuals get a free ride in God's eyes. Same gender wildness is just more visible. But it's the promiscuity that is the actual issue.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  5. Jenny_8675309

Jenny_8675309 We tried to warn you...

+439
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    People are entitled to their belief. Why does it bother you?

6. PloverWing

PloverWing Episcopalian

+3,227
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    I'd advise you to follow your conscience and refrain from sex with same-sex partners, even if your national leaders disagree with your convictions.

7. Pappy&Me

Pappy&Me Member Supporter

+139
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    People are entitled to their belief and opinions but not entitled to change the facts. The facts about what the Bible says about homosexuals are plain and simple.
    All deviant sexual acts are condemned by God and sinful.

8. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+1,933
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    it doesn't say anything about homosexuals.

9. Pappy&Me

+139
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    How do I argue with this ,I don't.

10. Cuddles333

Cuddles333 Well-Known Member

+155
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The subject of the lgbt community and the Bible is addressed in the Formal Debate section. It is extremely interesting to be able to see how we thought we had seen clearly for years.

11. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+16,213
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    Actually the bible is far from plain and simple on this issue. The late Walter Wink was a leading Bible scholar and has examined the question in detail.

12. Pappy&Me

+139
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You saying Pro Wink is smarter than me.LOL. I can tell you now that most professors say what they are told to say now a days. Like robots. They are the ones who drove the hippies and libs insane and I'm going to listen to them.

13. SBC

SBC Well-Known Member

+575
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Gen 1 [27]

So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

~ changed the truth of God into a lie ~

vile affections ~ their error ~
    a reprobate mind ~ filled with all unrighteousness ~abomination~
    wickedness ~ LUST ~ deception~

Gen 19 [5] Where are the men which came in to thee this night?
    bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

Lev 18 [22] Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
    Lev 20 [13] If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman,
    both of them have committed an abomination:

Rom 1 [27] men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward
    Rom 1 [26] women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    Rom 1 [31] without natural affection

1 Cor 6 [9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
    Be not deceived: effeminate shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

• Gay Sex in Politics

Josh 24 [15] ... if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD
    choose you this day whom ye will serve;

as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD

God Bless,
    SBC

14. ken777

ken777 "to live is Christ, and to die is gain"

+658
    Christian
    Married
    There is a distinction between the views of traditional Biblical Christians and liberal Christians. The former accept the authority of the Bible and understand that all homosexual activity is condemned in Scripture. The latter think that the Bible only condemns promiscuous & non-consensual sexual activity.

Liberal Christians often say that Jesus did not condemn homosexuality. In fact, he condemned all forms of sexual immorality, including rape & incest which he did not specifically mention either. Jesus confirmed the story of the destruction of Sodom which His closest followers (notably in the books written by Peter & Jude) understood was because of sexual immorality & perversion.

15. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,922
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Most mainline and state churches leave the issue of homosexuality up to the individual's conscience. As a result, not all Christians agree that being gay is an obstacle to living a Christian life.

16. ken777

+658
    Christian
    Married
    What is your definition of "mainline and state churches"?

Most churches I know of would say that experiencing same sex attraction is not an obstacle to living a Christian life.

17. Jenny_8675309

+439
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    The facts are the Bible is interpreted by some to say what you think it says, and interpreted differently by others. Sorry.

18. ken777

+658
    Christian
    Married
    A fact all agree on is that wherever homosexual behavior is mentioned in the Bible it is condemned.

19. Jenny_8675309

+439
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    I know many who disagree with that, so no, not all agree. Sorry.

20. SBC

SBC Well-Known Member

+575
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Agree.

Anyone can read the Scriptures;

and
    think, want, philosophize, decide, interpret, conclude, what Scripture says;
    and become a philosopher, minister, preacher, teacher ~

or
    adopt what an other has concluded;
    and become the follower, student, congregation, member ~

and
    result is umpteen different beliefs, interpretation, denominations, churches ~

However, the true fact is:
    Scripture is for hearing, reading, reading some more, deciding to trust it as truth, reading some more, reading some more, hearing; otherwise, BE the student, Learn ABOUT God.
    Then one is prepared to decide if they; BELIEVE IT; OR NOT.

and
    At any time, while that natural person is physically alive, upon the earth, they can choose to submit their life to the Lord, OR NOT.

and
    "IF" they
    so choose to faithfully submit their life to the Lord;

the "interpretation", "understanding" of Scriptures, ACCORDING TO THE LORD, is freely
    given, BY THE LORD, to them.

Which IS;

the ONLY CORRECT INTERPRETATION.

Ex 31
    [3] And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Ex 35
    [31] And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship;

1 Kings 4
    [29] And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much,

1 Cor 22
    12] Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding,

Job 32
    [8] But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Prov 3
    [5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Luke 4
    [45] Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

1 Tim 2
    [7] Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

God Bless,
    SBC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.