Gay rights... The slippery slope that destroy's societies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Because civil servants being able denying marriage licenses to homosexuals means that they have equal rights?
Civil servants should have the right to refuse to facilitate the sin that homosexuals are committing.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

DreadCthulhu

Feb 2, 2018
Nova Scotia
✟3,186.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Civil servants should have the right to refuse to facilitate the sin that homosexuals are committing.
So it is okay for the government to discriminate against individuals based or sexual orientation? Is race and gender next?

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In Ezekiel 16:49-50 God clearly states Sodom was destroyed for its inhabitants committing the sins of haughtiness, selfishness, indifference, and overindulgence. They were inhospitable to strangers; uncharitable and unconcerned about the needs of the sick, poor, and disadvantaged. These are the transgressions that erode societies.
Can I give you three thumbs up?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
So it is okay for the government to discriminate against individuals based or sexual orientation? Is race and gender next?
Sexual orientation? The Lord stated that homosexuality is a sin. Should I be forced to facilitate your sin?

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

DreadCthulhu

Feb 2, 2018
Nova Scotia
✟3,186.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sexual orientation? The Lord stated that homosexuality is a sin. Should I be forced to facilitate your sin?
America is a secular nation, not a theocracy, therefor religion has no part in the government. if you chose to become a civil servant where you would have to give gay couples marriage licenses, how is that on the gay couple?

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,708.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Should liberal civil servants have the right to refuse to serve conservative Christians? I don't think that's a path we want to go down, but if we do, I think in the long run conservatives will lose. But really, the whole point of rights is that everyone gets them, whether we approve or not. That's the basis of the US.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
America is a secular nation, not a theocracy, therefor religion has no part in the government. if you chose to become a civil servant where you would have to give gay couples marriage licenses, how is that on the gay couple?
Some of us have chosen to live in the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Should liberal civil servants have the right to refuse to serve conservative Christians? I don't think that's a path we want to go down, but if we do, I think in the long run conservatives will lose. But really, the whole point of rights is that everyone gets them, whether we approve or not. That's the basis of the US.
Yes, if they are asking the liberal civil servant to facilitate a sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Murder is a sin. Abortion is murder. Rationally, one can intervene with force to prevent murder. Should people be able to violently stop abortions?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Murder is a sin. Abortion is murder. Rationally, one can intervene with force to prevent murder. Should people be able to violently stop abortions?
Does this have anything to do with the government forcing me to facilitate the sin of homosexuality by issuing marriage licenses to homosexuals?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Gay rights... The slippery slope that destroy's socieites...

Gay rights aren't a cause of societal destruction but a characteristic of its destruction. When sexual perversion gains general acceptance in a culture, it is because that culture has already begun to dissolve morally, ethically, spiritually and philosophically.

This is what happened in Sodom and Gommorah...

Probably started out with gay rights, and ended up in, almost nothing sexually being "wrong"...

No, it began with the desperately wicked human heart.

Sex with animals, sex with children, raping animals and children, incest, none of it really considered "wrong" anymore, this is where I fear our society is heading in the future...

Heading? No, it arrived some time ago.

We need to draw the lines now... And back these lines up with very good, very solid reasons, why it is wrong now, or else... Or else they might all become blurred in the future...

This might be pertinent to your comments:

Oh, The Insanity! The Insanity! | Christian Forums

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Now, in my mind, it almost and maybe does seem "right" that people should be free to be gay... To be attracted sexually to the same sex, and have relationships with them, even get married if they wish...

But... That being said, I think that this is how it starts out innocently enough, but, ends up with almost any kind of sexual perversion being acceptable and not wrong, things like rape, child molestation, inappropriate behavior with animals, incest, very sick stuff, ending up being acceptable and not considered wrong at all...

This is what happened in Sodom and Gommorah...

Probably started out with gay rights, and ended up in, almost nothing sexually being "wrong"...

To avoid this, we need to and must "draw the line" now, somewhere... And not let those lines be questioned to the point of being able to find no reason for them to be considered "wrong"...

This is the fear I have that society will go down the same road that Sodom and Gommorah did... To the point of people, men and women and children being afraid to even go outside due to there being rape gangs everywhere, who are pretty indescriminate about their targets...

Sex with animals, sex with children, raping animals and children, incest, none of it really considered "wrong" anymore, this is where I fear our society is heading in the future...

We need to draw the lines now... And back these lines up with very good, very solid reasons, why it is wrong now, or else... Or else they might all become blurred in the future...

All beginning, innocently enough, with gay rights, which as I said, even seems right to me, if that's where it stops that is...

So, it is our job to stop it from going any further than that NOW, or else...

Comments...?

God Bless!

The laws supporting sinful natures are only the aftermath of the deadly roots that are in people's heart. Yes we could try prevent it from escalating, but it would be like trying to save a tree by picking off the bad leaves. And even if you were able to give reason, to stop the rights, to protest til we are blue, its already in the church, there are many even among us struggling, half heartly supporting removing such rights because part of them wants to follow God, and half of them wants to secretly have the rights, and get a companion that would satisfy their burning desires. I should know, I was one of them.

But I have been washed, I've been sanctified, and justified by the Lord Jesus Christ and by the spirit of God.

If you truly want to see healing, they would have to repent, turn from their wicked ways, and go after God, and God will heal the land. How? By making our neighbors disciples for God. The amount of time we use up protesting politics, we could be using to sow seeds into people.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some Christians focus on gays to feel better about their own sins... that’s called hypocrisy.

Spoiler alert... Jesus died for gays to.

That’s my 10 cents.

A straight Christian pointing a finger at a gay person is like a person who has never drank... judging an alcoholic... This argument is always a quick way to see who understands what Jesus did for humanity and who doesn’t!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Exinanition

Feb 20, 2018
Shreveport
✟17,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Now, in my mind, it almost and maybe does seem "right" that people should be free to be gay... To be attracted sexually to the same sex, and have relationships with them, even get married if they wish...

Greetings, Neogaia777, I hope this day finds you happy and well. I have just read your entire post here, but I wanted to focus just on this portion first. Since I do not know you or anyone else here at Christian Forums yet I do not wish to assume anything about anyone; therefore, I would like to know a little bit about you to help me better know how to respond to your post(s) as I hope never to offend anyone here with anything I write. I hope you do not mind helping me to get somewhat of a basis as to your stance concerning Christianity and scripture.
Firstly, I was wondering if you consider yourself to be a Christian. Your member name here seems to me to suggest perhaps you hold to a different belief system; however, I cannot be certain. Knowing if you do or do not consider yourself to be Christian would affect how I would approach answering your questions. Please rest assured that I do not judge anyone based on his or her beliefs. I respect everyone’s right to believe as he/she does. God grants us that freedom and as a Christian I must respect that freedom which God allows.
Secondly, I was wondering if you consider the bible to be the word of God and to be true. In other words, do you believe in the plenary inspiration of the scriptures, that is, that all scripture is inspired by God? Not everyone shares my belief that the bible is God’s word and that also would affect how I would approach answering him or her.
Please feel free to tell me if you do not wish to answer these questions. I understand fully if you do not. I am merely trying to ascertain the best way for me to approach trying to respond to your questions here on these forums. Again, I truly have NO desire to be offensive to ANYONE here. I wish only the best for all the members here at Christian Forums.

Now, you wrote, “…it almost and maybe does seem "right" that people should be free to be gay...”
People are free to be gay. As I have already stated God grants us the right to make our own decisions. It is called “free will.” This is true. However, God has said in His holy scriptures that He considers homosexual behavior to be an “abomination” unto Him.
“ And thou shalt not lie with mankind as one lieth with a woman: it is an abomination.
And thou shalt lie with no beast to become unclean therewith; and a woman shall not stand before a beast to lie down with it: it is confusion.
Make not yourselves unclean in any of these things; for in all these have the nations which I am casting out before you made themselves unclean.
And the land hath become unclean; and I visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land vomiteth out its inhabitants.
But *ye* shall observe my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of all these abominations: the home-born, and the stranger that sojourneth among you;
(for all these abominations have the men of the land done, who were before you, and the land hath been made unclean);
that the land vomit you not out, when ye make it unclean, as it vomited out the nation that was before you.
For whoever committeth any of these abominations, ...the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
And ye shall observe my charge, that ye commit not any of the abominable customs which were committed before you; and ye shall not make yourselves unclean therein: I am Jehovah your God.” –Leviticus 18:22-30

He does not approve of homosexual behavior, and in fact, hates it. He considers it a mockery of His sacred institution of marriage. He calls it sin. God gave us marriage for a reason. He gave us marriage to raise up unto Himself Godly offspring.
“And did He (God) not make you one (marriage)? Yet the vestige of the Spirit is in him. And what of the one (marriage)? He was seeking a godly seed…” Homosexual unions, whether legal or not in man’s eye, cannot produce “…a godly seed,” or any other kind of seed, for that matter. It is God Who gave us the institution of marriage and it is God Who determines how marriage is to be governed.

[QUOTE ]But... That being said, I think that this is how it starts out innocently enough, but, ends up with almost any kind of sexual perversion being acceptable and not wrong, things like rape, child molestation, inappropriate behavior with animals, incest, very sick stuff, ending up being acceptable and not considered wrong at all... [/QUOTE]
Neogaia777, here is an example of what I mean about how I would address your questions/statements depending upon what you believe about God and the scriptures. If you believe the scriptures to be Holy Spirit inspired then I cannot understand why you think homosexual behavior is okay and these other things you have just mentioned are “very sick stuff.” If you do not adhere to the holy inspiration of the scriptures then where do you get your moral code? Why should homosexual behavior be legitimate and these other behaviors be, again, “very sick stuff?” Knowing your basic beliefs about God, Christianity, and the scriptures would help me to know how to address your concerns.

To avoid this, we need to and must "draw the line" now, somewhere... And not let those lines be questioned to the point of being able to find no reason for them to be considered "wrong"...

Again, Neogaia777, I wonder how you personally decide which behaviors are wrong? On what are you basing your judgments of these behaviors? Please understand I am not attempting to challenge you. I am simply trying to understand how you are arriving at what you consider to legitimate and what you deem illegitimate. I am not judging you. I am only trying to understand.

All beginning, innocently enough, with gay rights, which as I said, even seems right to me, if that's where it stops that is...

So, it is our job to stop it from going any further than that NOW, or else...

Comments...?

God Bless!

And once more…who decides which behaviors may continue and which do not? What is the base or basis for your moral standard? If it is God and the scriptures then what God has already proclaimed in the scriptures is that to which you should adhere. If God and the scriptures are not the basis for your moral standard, if you do not believe in moral absolutes, then any moral standard you use for determining what is and is not approved behavior is subjective and has no more standing than anyone else’s opinion of what is acceptable and what is not.

Neogaia777, I humbly wish you a blessed day and I sincerely hope I have in no way offended you. If I have, I genuinely apologize from the deepest depths of my heart. I assure you I have only respect for you and I am honestly attempting to understand your thinking here.
I wish you all the best this life has to offer and…

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The laws supporting sinful natures are only the aftermath of the deadly roots that are in people's heart. Yes we could try prevent it from escalating, but it would be like trying to save a tree by picking off the bad leaves. And even if you were able to give reason, to stop the rights, to protest til we are blue, its already in the church, there are many even among us struggling, half heartly supporting removing such rights because part of them wants to follow God, and half of them wants to secretly have the rights, and get a companion that would satisfy their burning desires. I should know, I was one of them.

But I have been washed, I've been sanctified, and justified by the Lord Jesus Christ and by the spirit of God.

If you truly want to see healing, they would have to repent, turn from their wicked ways, and go after God, and God will heal the land. How? By making our neighbors disciples for God. The amount of time we use up protesting politics, we could be using to sow seeds into people.

This is the old Pharisee saying thank God I’m not like “that guy” scenario...

Grace is grace and judgment is judgment...

Which one does Christ embody?

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This is the old Pharisee saying thank God I’m not like “that guy” scenario...

Grace is grace and judgment is judgment...

Which one does Christ embody?

Who is the "old pharisee" you're referring to?

Christ is the Judge so he embodies both, He is the giver of grace and judgment.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That was what it led to, after it got started, and what it always leads to, just because were not there yet, doesn't mean it won't become so in the future, no natural affection, only concerned with getting off, kind of thing, very selfish arrogant and haughty behavior, all things the Bible talks about...

Are you implying that homosexuality is what generated the sins God stated he destroyed Sodom for: pride, avarice, arrogance, of those with plenty being callously indifferent to the needy? Those sins have been committed in virtually every civilization since the dawn of humanity, regardless of the societal stances towards homosexuality.

• Agree
Reactions: Abaxvahl
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.