Gay rights... The slippery slope that destroy's societies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In Ezekiel 16:49-50 God clearly states Sodom was destroyed for its inhabitants committing the sins of haughtiness, selfishness, indifference, and overindulgence. They were inhospitable to strangers; uncharitable and unconcerned about the needs of the sick, poor, and disadvantaged. These are the transgressions that erode societies.
That was what it led to, after it got started, and what it always leads to, just because were not there yet, doesn't mean it won't become so in the future, no natural affection, only concerned with getting off, kind of thing, very selfish arrogant and haughty behavior, all things the Bible talks about...

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Gay rights... The slippery slope that destroy's socieites...
The problem with the slippery slope argument in regards
to gay marriage is that it's typically assumed that *gay*
marriage is where the slope begins. There's no reason to
think that the slope didn't start further back, with the
concept of marriage itself. In other words, if there had
been no marriage, then gay marriage wouldn't be a thing.

So the slippery slope started with marriage. Whether or
not that's a problem depends on how one feels about gays,
marriage, and/or gays marrying.
-

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am not laughing. I take it seriously as well
Unfortunately were heading to a point, where the majority of society will no longer take it seriously and will even Haughtily laugh, and think it is all, very funny to them...

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

Now, in my mind, it almost and maybe does seem "right" that people should be free to be gay... To be attracted sexually to the same sex, and have relationships with them, even get married if they wish...

But... That being said, I think that this is how it starts out innocently enough, but, ends up with almost any kind of sexual perversion being acceptable and not wrong, things like rape, child molestation, inappropriate behavior with animals, incest, very sick stuff, ending up being acceptable and not considered wrong at all...

This is what happened in Sodom and Gommorah...

Probably started out with gay rights, and ended up in, almost nothing sexually being "wrong"...

To avoid this, we need to and must "draw the line" now, somewhere... And not let those lines be questioned to the point of being able to find no reason for them to be considered "wrong"...

This is the fear I have that society will go down the same road that Sodom and Gommorah did... To the point of people, men and women and children being afraid to even go outside due to there being rape gangs everywhere, who are pretty indescriminate about their targets...

Sex with animals, sex with children, raping animals and children, incest, none of it really considered "wrong" anymore, this is where I fear our society is heading in the future...

We need to draw the lines now... And back these lines up with very good, very solid reasons, why it is wrong now, or else... Or else they might all become blurred in the future...

All beginning, innocently enough, with gay rights, which as I said, even seems right to me, if that's where it stops that is...

So, it is our job to stop it from going any further than that NOW, or else...

Comments...?

God Bless!
A politically correct society will strive to see to it that the "rights" of homosexuals and lesbians will negate everybody else's rights.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If a Christian is watching inappropriate content perhaps they should be preaching to into the mirror instead of out the window.
Maybe, maybe not, maybe they should be warning those who do not know...

Look, I am single, live alone, and spend a lot of time alone, so yes, every once in awhile, I have my weaknesses, however, if you must know, I spent about a grand total of two minutes at a time, and not all the time, every once in while, viewing it on occasion, it's something I'm working on not doing... But, I do not view or search alot of it often... Truth is most of this I am learning and have learned from one of my friends...

I don't like it or like that I do it even if it is just a little bit, I am not consumed with it...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe, maybe not, maybe they should be warning those who do not know...

Look, I am single, live alone, and spend a lot of time alone, so yes, every once in awhile, I have my weaknesses, however, if you must know, I spent about a grand total of two minutes at a time, and not all the time, every once in while, viewing it on occasion, it's something I'm working on not doing... But, I do not view or search alot of it often... Truth is most of this I am learning and have learned from one of my friends...

I don't like it or like that I do it even if it is just a little bit, I am not consumed with it...

God Bless!
I only do it when I am feeling the overwhemling urge to get off, and only view it long enough to get off, then put it away, and forget about it after that, till the next time... I really do not like it one bit, but, it is what it is...

I'm working on not doing it all, just not there yet...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I only do it when I am feeling the overwhemling urge to get off, and only view it long enough to get off, then put it away, and forget about it after that, till the next time... I really do not like it one bit, but, it is what it is...

I'm working on not doing it all, just not there yet...

God Bless!
The urge is just too strong sometimes, and I have my moments of weakness, sorry...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Fcocusing on me and my issues is drawing away from what really needs to be discussed here though, so, now that I have put my issues out there, can we not let it/that draw away from what really needs to be discussed here in th OP of this thread please...?

Cause this is not about me,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I've got an appointment to go to, I'll check this later K?

I would like people to answer what makes some of these sexual perversions mentioned "wrong" and legally wrong, most especially however, if you guys could or can...?

Like I said, if we cannot, then I think we're in big trouble...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

DreadCthulhu

Feb 2, 2018
Nova Scotia
✟3,186.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A politically correct society will strive to see to it that the "rights" of homosexuals and lesbians will negate everybody else's rights.
No, a politically correct society will see that they have equal rights.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like people to answer what makes some of these sexual perversions mentioned "wrong" and legally wrong, most especially however, if you guys could or can...?
What makes them "wrong" is the word of God. What makes them legally wrong (secular perspective I assume) is the passing of laws against them.

That notwithstanding, I just don't buy into the slippery slope theory that gay marriage will lead to legalized rape and inappropriate behavior with animals. I think gay marriage creates is a corrosive degradation of society, much like the celebration of any other sin would. But I don't buy that today it's Bruce and Carl, and tomorrow it's Cheryl and her Labra Doodle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like how you say "mainly to females" and is of mainly the hetrosexual sort, cause that's the way it "used to be" and that is changing rapidly...

I don't think so (i.e. that it's changing rapidly) ...

Ok, what makes some of these sexual perversions, that I mentioned, "wrong" then...? Can you give me an answer to that...? Cause if you cannot, then we're in trouble...

What makes sexual perversion "wrong" is that God has commanded against it. And that would include any sex outside of that between a husband and his wife.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unbridled bigotry does a far better job of destroying society. Take a lesson from history; the USSR under Stalin, China under Mao, Japan under general Tojo, Cambodia under Pol Pot, Germany under Adolf Hitler, North Korea under the Kim family.

• Agree
Reactions: SilverBear
Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Now, in my mind, it almost and maybe does seem "right" that people should be free to be gay... To be attracted sexually to the same sex, and have relationships with them, even get married if they wish...

But... That being said, I think that this is how it starts out innocently enough, but, ends up with almost any kind of sexual perversion being acceptable and not wrong, things like rape, child molestation, inappropriate behavior with animals, incest, very sick stuff, ending up being acceptable and not considered wrong at all...

This is what happened in Sodom and Gommorah...

Probably started out with gay rights, and ended up in, almost nothing sexually being "wrong"...

To avoid this, we need to and must "draw the line" now, somewhere... And not let those lines be questioned to the point of being able to find no reason for them to be considered "wrong"...

This is the fear I have that society will go down the same road that Sodom and Gommorah did... To the point of people, men and women and children being afraid to even go outside due to there being rape gangs everywhere, who are pretty indescriminate about their targets...

Sex with animals, sex with children, raping animals and children, incest, none of it really considered "wrong" anymore, this is where I fear our society is heading in the future...

We need to draw the lines now... And back these lines up with very good, very solid reasons, why it is wrong now, or else... Or else they might all become blurred in the future...

All beginning, innocently enough, with gay rights, which as I said, even seems right to me, if that's where it stops that is...

So, it is our job to stop it from going any further than that NOW, or else...

Comments...?

God Bless!
I don't see how "gay rights" necessarily leads to societal approval of "things like rape, child molestation, inappropriate behavior with animals, incest".

Upvote 0

archer75

Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟253,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The problem with the slippery slope argument in regards
to gay marriage is that it's typically assumed that *gay*
marriage is where the slope begins. There's no reason to
think that the slope didn't start further back, with the
concept of marriage itself. In other words, if there had
been no marriage, then gay marriage wouldn't be a thing.

So the slippery slope started with marriage. Whether or
not that's a problem depends on how one feels about gays,
marriage, and/or gays marrying.
-
Interesting post! I mean it.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
No, a politically correct society will see that they have equal rights.
No, a lady couldn't get herself to give a marriage license to a homosexual couple, because of what the Lord said about homosexuality, and she wound up in jail. And what is happening to people who, for the same reason, refuse to bake wedding cakes for homosexual couples?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.