Gay rights... The slippery slope that destroy's societies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Who is the "old pharisee" you're referring to?

Christ is the Judge so he embodies both, He is the giver of grace and judgment.

All that incoherent and schizophrenic statement does is weaponize the Gospel so that sinful human beings can use religion to terrorize and oppress people that threaten their fragile worldview.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A straight Christian pointing a finger at a gay person is like a person who has never drank... judging an alcoholic... This argument is always a quick way to see who understands what Jesus did for humanity and who doesn’t!

Jesus was a straight guy who pointed his finger at sin. So was the apostle Paul, and Peter, and James, and John. Paul actually flatly condemns homosexuality. What did they understand about what Jesus did for humanity that you seem not to understand?

This is the old Pharisee saying thank God I’m not like “that guy” scenario...

Grace is grace and judgment is judgment...

Which one does Christ embody?

And how is your comparison of Mskriskris to the Pharisees not judgmental? It seems at the same time that your words condemn Mskriskris they condemn you, too.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does this have anything to do with the government forcing me to facilitate the sin of homosexuality by issuing marriage licenses to homosexuals?

Yes, it has everything to do with it. The government forces you to facilitate murder by charging you taxes to pay the agents of murder - baby murder - and also the murder of many others - in war, the innocent killed by the authorities, etc. Our nation is awash in violence, forced by the state.

It is that state, after all, that has insisted that it has the right to force people to buy a license to get married. This is not a natural thing - it's a tax collection scheme. So, SINCE the state has intervened in private relations by imposing a tax, it follows that the state can - and does - essentially intrude into everything, and force everybody to pay for and thereby support every form of abuse imaginable, starting with baby murder and running through the gamut. Why, then, should some agent of the state be permitted to refuse to even sell the license on which the state insists, because of personal squeamishness? How about instead we simply hold that if the state's agent won't sell the license, then no license is needed at all? That would be the freer and better way.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Let's get something straight here (no pun intended): Sodom was not destroyed by God only or primarily because of pride, avarice and being inhospitable. The men of Sodom were described as "exceedingly wicked and sinful against the Lord" (Genesis 13:13); their sin was "very grave" (Genesis 18:20). Does this sound like the inhabitants of the city were just arrogant and unpleasant to strangers? Obviously not. We see some of the depths of the depravity of the people of Sodom in the demands they make of Lot concerning his angelic guests:

Genesis 19:5
5 And they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally."

Here is the great wickedness of Sodom on display. Pride, idleness, excess of goods, and selfishness may have characterized the people of Sodom (Ezekiel 16:49-50), but the prophet emphasizes their pride and their committing "abomination" (Leviticus 18:22) as the cause of God's terrible judgment (vs. 50) What's more, it was not just the men of the city caught up in this wretched wickedness but women and children, too! (Genesis 19:4)

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don’t believe Jesus ever told us his sexual orientation, if any.

As God incarnate, Jesus was the inspirer of Scripture, the Ultimate Source of those words in the Bible which condemn homosexuality. He was also the One who designed heterosexual sex and instituted heterosexual marriage as the sole means within which human sexuality was to be expressed. It seems to me, then, entirely correct to say that if, as one who was fully God and also fully man, he had any sexual orientation, it was in line with his own heterosexual design for human sexuality.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Romans 9:29

Mark 13:20

Matthew 24:22

Jude 1:7

Revelation 11:8

The days, the end will come, before we get to the point Sodom and Gommorah arrived at, and they did "arrive" there, they did not start out that way, but got to that point, and started innocently enough with gay rights...

It was happening in Rome in Jesus day, 30 years later it fell...

God Bless!

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was happening in Rome in Jesus day, 30 years later it fell...

30 years later? Rome fell to the Ostrogoths in 476 AD, four hundred and forty-three years after Jesus' death. The Temple was destroyed, the Jewish priesthood slaughtered, and the city of Jerusalem destroyed along with them in 69 AD, 36 years after Jesus' crucifixion, but it was the Romans who did the destroying, not Rome that was destroyed. The Temple fell to Rome, not the reverse.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I disagree, I believe I can see it happening now... I don't like to mention this, but, have you seen the inappropriate content out there and where it is going, sick stuff... It's almost like there is no such thing as normal inappropriate content anymore... That being said, where inappropriate content is going will show you where the future of society is going in these areas, i think...

God Bless!
What is "normal" about inappropriate content?

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Gay rights... The slippery slope that destroy's socieites...

Now, in my mind, it almost and maybe does seem "right" that people should be free to be gay... To be attracted sexually to the same sex, and have relationships with them, even get married if they wish...
So if one is not "free" to be gay then you are talking about the criminalizing of a minority.

So what do you propose be done with all those homosexuals once they are turned into criminals? Imprisonment? Torture? Mass graves?

But... That being said, I think that this is how it starts out innocently enough, but, ends up with almost any kind of sexual perversion being acceptable and not wrong, things like rape, child molestation, inappropriate behavior with animals, incest, very sick stuff, ending up being acceptable and not considered wrong at all...
none of which have anything to do with being gay.
When people try to make this connection i am reminded of how for generations racists have tried to draw the same sort of connection between black men and rape. Trying to make such a connection is not just sick and twisted but it is downright evil.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the slippery slope started with marriage. Whether or
not that's a problem depends on how one feels about gays,
marriage, and/or gays marrying.
How did God's design in Genesis 2:24 and confirmed by Christ in Matthew 19 begin a slippery slope?

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
No, a lady couldn't get herself to give a marriage license to a homosexual couple, because of what the Lord said about homosexuality, and she wound up in jail. And what is happening to people who, for the same reason, refuse to bake wedding cakes for homosexual couples?
the same thing that happens to business people who refuse to serve blacks or Jews.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What makes them "wrong" is the word of God. What makes them legally wrong (secular perspective I assume) is the passing of laws against them.

That notwithstanding, I just don't buy into the slippery slope theory that gay marriage will lead to legalized rape and inappropriate behavior with animals. I think gay marriage creates is a corrosive degradation of society, much like the celebration of any other sin would. But I don't buy that today it's Bruce and Carl, and tomorrow it's Cheryl and her Labra Doodle.
Maybe not a Labra Doodle....

Man ‘marries’ laptop, sues for recognition, wedding cake

• Haha
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unbridled bigotry does a far better job of destroying society. Take a lesson from history; the USSR under Stalin, China under Mao, Japan under general Tojo, Cambodia under Pol Pot, Germany under Adolf Hitler, North Korea under the Kim family.
Glad you mentioned the USSR. They experimented with abolishing marriage. From the Atlantic in 1926:

The Russian Effort to Abolish Marriage

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So if one is not "free" to be gay then you are talking about the criminalizing of a minority.

So what do you propose be done with all those homosexuals once they are turned into criminals? Imprisonment? Torture? Mass graves?

none of which have anything to do with being gay.
When people try to make this connection i am reminded of how for generations racists have tried to draw the same sort of connection between black men and rape. Trying to make such a connection is not just sick and twisted but it is downright evil.

This is where I disagree with the op. Yes gay marriage and the cultural celebration and acceptance of it is continuing to lead us down a dark path (which wasn't started with gay marriage but before it) we can't stop it and we can't make it illegal.

No, rape, pedophilia, polyamory, inappropriate behavior with animals, etc is not cause by an individual being gay. It is caused by a society that tells us that nothing really matters so you can do whatever you want. A gay marriage is valid because why not? No reason for it not to be, two people love each other. So why not a group of people? They can marry, too right? They aren't hurting anyone. What about a man and his dog? They love each other. And on it goes.

It's not because someone is gay. It's because we're having a moral breakdown of society where our actions have no meaning and everything is ok as long as you aren't "hurting anyone", which is the only thing that is wrong. And if we want something that's wrong? Well, let's just change the definition of right.

I have actually seen people arguing for pedophilia to be made part of the lgbt acronym, and, yes, even defending pedophiles as victims. It's only rumblings on the Internet for now, but it may be the beginning of something scary. This is going to happen if society doesn't wake up and realize that we're destroying ourselves.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't follow, sorry. Could you break it down for me step by step, showing what the direct result of guaranteeing civil rights for gay people is that then causes acceptance of rape?

Malachi 2:16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
16 For I hate divorce,” says the Lord, the God of Israel, “and him who covers his garment with wrong,” says the Lord of hosts. “So take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously.”

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder what kind of support there would be for a Christian who refused to issue a marriage license to two people if one or both of them had been married before and initiated a no-fault divorce.
I'd say that clerk would be consistent in applying Biblical principles on marriage. I would consider them in the same category as a conscientious objector.

And there's a good possibility of that clerk knowing of prior marriages if one or the other of the couple filed for divorce in that county.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Civil servant is synonymous with government official. Do you want the government to discriminate?
I truly see your point. I think in conscience situations you get another clerk who has no objections. Muslim air attendants are not required to serve alcohol.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Let's get something straight here (no pun intended): Sodom was not destroyed by God only or primarily because of pride, avarice and being inhospitable. The men of Sodom were described as "exceedingly wicked and sinful against the Lord" (Genesis 13:13); their sin was "very grave" (Genesis 18:20). Does this sound like the inhabitants of the city were just arrogant and unpleasant to strangers? Obviously not. We see some of the depths of the depravity of the people of Sodom in the demands they make of Lot concerning his angelic guests:

Genesis 19:5
5 And they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally."

Here is the great wickedness of Sodom on display. Pride, idleness, excess of goods, and selfishness may have characterized the people of Sodom (Ezekiel 16:49-50), but the prophet emphasizes their pride and their committing "abomination" (Leviticus 18:22) as the cause of God's terrible judgment (vs. 50) What's more, it was not just the men of the city caught up in this wretched wickedness but women and children, too! (Genesis 19:4)
the Hebrew word for carnal is mishkab (חוּשָׁנִי) this word or any dirrivitive of this word does not appear in Genesis 19:5 or anywhere else in Genesis for that matter.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.