Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Yep, and from there you can still benefit from the values U.S. trade and defense, which frees them up to provide state-funded Healthcare. Whoopee! You've got it made!

Trump doesn't seem to value trade with Canada, he's always complaining about it whenever he figures it can fire up his base.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Trump doesn't seem to value trade with Canada, he's always complaining about it whenever he figures it can fire up his base.
So? That's normal for politicians in every party, every country, everywhere, and political types/ supporters on this forum daily!?

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hinduism. If you read the Bhagavad Gita, there are some pretty strong warnings against focusing on the material world. That's how you get reborn as a worm.

I'd also say Islam, given the complete prohibition on alcohol, but Islam can be a little self-contradictory about... well, everything, unfortunately, so it's hard to say for sure.

Not really.

I was under the impression that Hinduism embraced a lot of eroticism. Identifying sex as primarily recreational and not procreational is definitely a carnal sign.

Islam gives it's followers a licence to kill non-believers of Islam or infidels,violence is a work of the flesh and not God, just a part of this physical realm.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Ok, but why do most religiously devout Christians seem to favor policies to the contrary? Even the Catholic Church has been known to fight local ordinances that prohibit discrimination.
I don't think this can be openly disclosed on the internet without possible severe ... repercussions.

Upvote 0

Elisha's Bear

Nov 24, 2019
NorthEast
✟10,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Not really.

I was under the impression that Hinduism embraced a lot of eroticism. Identifying sex as primarily recreational and not procreational is definitely a carnal sign.

Certain forms of Hinduism (and Buddhism) give sacred meanings to sexuality, or even practicing sex magic, but as a rule, chastity is favored. Even among left-hand Tantric paths, it is not considered a casual practice.

However, that's not the same as having a hedonistic attitude towards sex, necessarily. Hindus and Buddhists aren't another Hugh Hefner.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If you look at the statistics from post 111, you will see it is mostly the "Christian" countries that are most tolerant of homosexuality. Hindu countries are particularly intolerant.

There are only two Hindu countries in the world (India and Nepal), and neither of them are featured in the poll in post #111.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep, and from there you can still benefit from the values U.S. trade and defense, which frees them up to provide state-funded Healthcare. Whoopee! You've got it made!

Unless you say the wrong thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think that is correct. Christians aren't very spiritual.
Look again in Scripture for truth. (not in history, nor in society, nor in worldly locations).

Only the spiritual man can comprehend and grasp spiritual truth/truths. i.e. no one unregenerate is able to at all.
i.e. true 'Christians'/ Ekklesia are (or can be and should be) spiritual and have self-control by spirit not controlled by the flesh/ carnal/ worldly/ or demons.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
There are only two Hindu countries in the world (India and Nepal), and neither of them are featured in the poll in post #111.

I watched a documentary last year about Mātā Amritānandamayī. A Hindu holy woman from the state of Kerala who is revered as a manifestation of God. Her darshan involves hugging people- everyone who wants a hug gets one, without discrimination- including gay and trans people. That really lead me to see that, in comparison , the typical Christian has an impoverished attitude about who is acceptable to love.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I currently possess a soul yet I have no use for spirituality at all.
As you have seen perhaps...
rather see in Scripture the need in truth,
as Jesus says: the Father is seeking those (only) who worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That really lead me to see that, in comparison , the typical Christian has an impoverished attitude about who is acceptable to love.
Yet, in reality, worldly comparisons break down - they are on the wide road, not in Jesus, not contributing to truth nor to the Kingdom of Heaven.
There is a time for hugging, and a time for shunning, as instructed by the Creator Himself Always, Eternal Truth.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As you have seen perhaps...
rather see in Scripture the need in truth,
as Jesus says: the Father is seeking those (only) who worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Truth and spirit I like. Spirituality not so much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Truth and spirit I like. Spirituality not so much.
Yes, it seems possibly correct that what you have seen of spirituality has been false instead of real and true. Good not to go after that.

Serving Yahuweh in spirit and in truth IS spiritual, good and true, and is listening to the Voice of the Shepherd Jesus -
and refuses to listen to the voice of others (instead reject and do not listen to voices other than Jesus (i.e. like 'spiritual' anything opposed to Him) ) .

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That is an impressive whopper of a sweeping generalization you've got there.
SURPRISE ! IT'S TRUTH ! (well, not of some of those who are Ekklesia though)
It is provable with and by and in Scripture, and really simply and plainly stated. (I think)

Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well isn't there less sexual fluidity in men overall? This is not my area of study (I'm a linguist, not a sex researcher), but I have dim memories of reading something to that effect in an academic journal article (probably dealing with the sociolinguistic properties of 'gay speech' or 'gay accent', which is something we did a week on when I was in grad school).

Yeah, I've heard this also. On the other hand, I've noticed that straight liberal guys tend to be a bit more fluid and bi-curious, so I don't know to what extent it's biological rather than cultural. The fact that most gay men are also not at all attracted to women is possibly a point in favor of the idea that there's a biological different, though.

My major concern with the idea that straight men would be more uncomfortable feeling same-sex attraction because it would put them out on a limb is that I'm not sure to what degree people realize that female sexuality is more fluid. I think it's something that women don't necessarily think about as long as they're more interested in men. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that bisexual women are generally viewed by society as predominantly straight, whereas bisexual men are seen as predominantly gay, so a man finding another guy attractive is a threat to one's whole identity in a way that it isn't for a woman?

At any rate, yes, it is more complicated than it seems. My only point was to say that for mature, adult males the problem is not in recognizing that other men are good looking, but in comparison that makes us feel bad. We could be having the same conversation about salary, or housing, or marital status, or anything else, and some guy who has none of that would feel bad, and some subset of those guys would take it out on the world in 'homophobic' or otherwise concealing ways.

Yeah, this makes sense also.

Upvote 0

Elisha's Bear

Nov 24, 2019
NorthEast
✟10,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
SURPRISE ! IT'S TRUTH ! (well, not of some of those who are Ekklesia though)
It is provable with and by and in Scripture, and really simply and plainly stated. (I think)
That would depend on your definition of "Christian" though, wouldn't it?

Upvote 0