GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
My late uncle, who passed away 3 years ago was gay. He went into the seminary to find God because he was confused about why he was not attracted to women. He was told by one of the priests that he was gay. My uncle left the church because he could not live a lie in his mind. He remained celebit the last years of his life.
I think that alot of men, who are confused about there sexuality go into the seminary because they don't understand that they have gay feelings. They just think that beccause they don;t find woman attractive, that God is calling them to be a priest. Later i think they realize that they are gay. It's a tough subject. I don;t think anyone is born gay, IMO. However my mother says from the time my uncle was a little boy, he was dressing like a girl and playing with dolls. What i don;t understand is, science claims that it might be genitic. But I know of identical twins, where one is gay and the other is not. How is that so if it is a genetic thing???
GEL

Upvote 0

Shane Roach

Mar 13, 2002
✟23,036.00
Faith
Christian
It is proven that identical twins where one is gay, the other is gay from 35%-50% of the time, depending on the study. I haven't seen one that tries to study only identical twins that have been seperated from their birth parents, as this would give some indication of how much of this is due to their upbringing, but the bottom line is while it appears there is a strong genetic component, obviously it is not 100% genetic and therefore it can be helped, like any other deeply ingrained habit.

Odd that I too had a gay uncle. He died of AIDS. He was married and after the painful divorce he seemed to "become" gay, which people say, "no he just had been debying all along." denying what? He had deep emotions for his wife and he was able to have sex with her.

I think the most frustrating thing to me in all of this is the misinformation. I am very tired of having things preached to me in the media and then researching it and finding it to be outiright lies. Homosexuality is not a genetically determined thing, period, end of story, it has been proven, no doubts left to be bandied. Like so much, there is a genetic aspect to it, no doubt initial temperment and personality (anyone who has raised children or has been around them consistently knows they develop their own personalities very early).

But I can't tell you all the goofy things. If this finger is longer than that finger you're probably gay, blah blah blah. Fundamentally it is a problem sharing emotional intimacy with a person of the opposite sex. This is not something you are just born with.

It is very very frustrating to hear people go around just saying that it is predetermined when I know it is not, both scientificly and in my personal experience.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What is this world coming to?? Duh?? I heard about two more in the U.S. this morning in the news. I work in a prison, and in my Dormitory I have just received a 16 year old kid who was charged with murder. He murdered two Catholic Priests, because they were molesting him. SICK, SICK, SICK. It really seems to be spreading fast.
The Royal Commission into institutional child sexual abuse demonstrated very strongly that there is no connection between ones sexuality and the predatory behaviour of child sexual abuse. You seem to be indicating that one predicates the other, but that is false.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It is proven that identical twins where one is gay, the other is gay from 35%-50% of the time, depending on the study. I haven't seen one that tries to study only identical twins that have been seperated from their birth parents, as this would give some indication of how much of this is due to their upbringing, but the bottom line is while it appears there is a strong genetic component, obviously it is not 100% genetic and therefore it can be helped, like any other deeply ingrained habit.

Odd that I too had a gay uncle. He died of AIDS. He was married and after the painful divorce he seemed to "become" gay, which people say, "no he just had been debying all along." denying what? He had deep emotions for his wife and he was able to have sex with her.

I think the most frustrating thing to me in all of this is the misinformation. I am very tired of having things preached to me in the media and then researching it and finding it to be outiright lies. Homosexuality is not a genetically determined thing, period, end of story, it has been proven, no doubts left to be bandied. Like so much, there is a genetic aspect to it, no doubt initial temperment and personality (anyone who has raised children or has been around them consistently knows they develop their own personalities very early).

But I can't tell you all the goofy things. If this finger is longer than that finger you're probably gay, blah blah blah. Fundamentally it is a problem sharing emotional intimacy with a person of the opposite sex. This is not something you are just born with.

It is very very frustrating to hear people go around just saying that it is predetermined when I know it is not, both scientificly and in my personal experience.
Its worth doing another lit search. Theres studies showing homosexual identity in early childhood. Genetically there are certainly sexual genome abnormalities that lead to gender mosaic patterns. But as to a Gay gene... no none found as yet

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,313.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Its worth doing another lit search. Theres studies showing homosexual identity in early childhood. Genetically there are certainly sexual genome abnormalities that lead to gender mosaic patterns. But as to a Gay gene... no none found as yet

He has not been on the board in 5 years. I don't think he is going to respond.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He has not been on the board in 5 years. I don't think he is going to respond.
It is interesting to see how the tone of the conversation has changed over the years.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My late uncle, who passed away 3 years ago was gay. He went into the seminary to find God because he was confused about why he was not attracted to women. He was told by one of the priests that he was gay. My uncle left the church because he could not live a lie in his mind. He remained celebit the last years of his life.
I think that alot of men, who are confused about there sexuality go into the seminary because they don't understand that they have gay feelings. They just think that beccause they don;t find woman attractive, that God is calling them to be a priest. Later i think they realize that they are gay. It's a tough subject. I don;t think anyone is born gay, IMO. However my mother says from the time my uncle was a little boy, he was dressing like a girl and playing with dolls. What i don;t understand is, science claims that it might be genitic. But I know of identical twins, where one is gay and the other is not. How is that so if it is a genetic thing???
GEL
Genes change, to.
Might be a mistake to attribute it to one thing.
I think people might be 'born gay". Why not? People are born with many personality traits and benefits as well as defects.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums