Seattle
✟47,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They have a tendency to skip over that minor detail.

No one skips over it. Parties change all the time. At one point a REPUBLICAN president enacted the Clean Water act and established the EPA.

And at one time the GOP actually thought KGB agents were our ENEMIES...now they want to sell the country out to one!

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
A non-issue in the US.

I didn't deflect to Muslims because the discussion is about liberals and conservatives. I was also speaking from personal experience helping many of my gay friends rid themselves of that kind of discrimination in their life. And I don't support religious based discrimination against gay people.
I'm just spoofing the style of the guy in the video (Dave Rubin).

• Friendly
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No one skips over it. Parties change all the time. At one point a REPUBLICAN president enacted the Clean Water act and established the EPA.

And at one time the GOP actually thought KGB agents were our ENEMIES...now they want to sell the country out to one!
Democrats owned the Slaves. A Republican President freed them.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not exact historical truth about Lincoln freeing the slaves because he didn’t free all of the slaves.

Excerpt from: 5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation

Since Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation as a military measure, it didn’t apply to border slave states like Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky and Missouri, all of which had remained loyal to the Union. Lincoln also exempted selected areas of the Confederacy that had already come under Union control in hopes of gaining the loyalty of whites in those states. In practice, then, the Emancipation Proclamation didn’t immediately free a single slave, as the only places it applied were places where the federal government had no control—the Southern states currently fighting against the Union.
(end of excerpt)

Lincoln also didn't believe black people were equal to white people and he didn't free what slaves he included in the Emancipation out of the kindness of his heart or of genuine concern for the slaves.

Lincoln said himself...

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union." - Lincoln's Letter to Horace Greeley (emphasis added)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes. White Conservatives owned slaves and engaged in armed insurrection against the United States to keep them.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Bob, where do you even find this stuff? I mean do you personally search it out on YT or are you getting it from some right-wing site or something?
I vaguely remember him posting links from Russia Today - or was that some other right-wing poster? Hard to keep them straight when they're all pushing the same RNC/RT talking points.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes. White Conservatives owned slaves and engaged in armed insurrection against the United States to keep them.
aka...Democrats. Now the slavery advocated is of another kind to keep people dependent.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
aka...Democrats. Now the slavery advocated is of another kind to keep people dependent.

Yes, the Democrats in the 1860s were white Southern Conservatives who continued their Conservative oppression of blacks into the 1960s. The whole "Democrat {sic} party = slavery" shtick only works on idiots unfamiliar with history.

Hillary Clinton's exact words were. "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Thank you for making my point that Sec. Clinton did not say what that member claimed she did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.