Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible lists over 90 abominations forbidding such things as having a Christmas tree, getting a tattoo, using air freshener and modern agriculture. What does your church do about all these other abominations?

Show me.

Not sure if it was this thread where I touched on the fact that no amount of bad things makes a single bad thing good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thee David III

Jun 28, 2017
Pa
✟16,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Marriage by definition in the bible is not and cannot be between a man and a man or a woman and a woman. I mean think about it, if the definition of marriage was subject to change based on culture or opinions than marriage could mean anything. That is like saying what happens if someone married a ape or a monkey, well anyone would clearly say "It was not marriage in the first place" Like wise is the same with homosexual couples who may be married under the eyes of "Cultural definition" but under the definition that God laid down it is not marriage.

They were never married int he first place and there is no biblical evidence to support a man an man or woman and woman can be considered married in God's eyes.

I get my information about God from God's word, thats how we know what is true about God, if you just let anyone tell you anything about God without it coming from his word then you are subject to be naive and just believe any old thing.

Laws of man, such as the United States or another country do not mean they are the same as the moral law of God.

Just because men/women can create their own laws on Earth does not mean God agrees to those laws. If we passed something that said murdering was okay that does not mean it is okay to murder in God's eyes.

Homosexuality marriage may be "Marriage under a countries law and their definition they twisted" but under the definition of God and his word it is clear Marriage is between one man and women and anything else is twisting the word "Marriage" as deemed by God.

Us as Christians we need to be brave enough to tell people the truth no matter if it hurts their feelings. A good friend is a friend who can tell you the truth in order to bring goodness in your life rather than lie to you just so they don't upset you and let you go on in a delusion.

Think about it, who is the real good friend, a friend who straight up is honest and says "You should stop being a drug users its ruining your life" even if it upsets you, or the friend who pats you on the back and never tells you its ruining your life because he doesn't want to upset you

A real good friend tells you the truth no matter what the reaction is because they care for you.

So although I know homosexuals will get angry, upset and their feelings hurt when I tell them the truth about their sin, as a follower of Christ it is loving to tell sinners the truth about their sin.

If I was in sin and didn't know it I would want someone to warn me, that is loving.

So #1 - It was never marriage in the first place so you cannot divorce from something that was never true marriage in God's sight.

#2 - Nobody is born a homosexual. This is very important because this will pop up as an argument after telling a homosexual this.

It is proven in studies that alot of homosexuals have been sexually abused as a kid or in their life, not all of them but some. I just watched a video the other day where a street preacher was talking about how alot of homosexuals are so because they have been sexually abused, the crowd was furious and the lesbian girl came forth in the crowd and said "Yes, I was molested"

The cowardly will not inherit the kingdom of God it states in the bible, as Christians we should be brave for Jesus and brave for our faith and not be cowardly to not tell sinners the truth, if someone is living in sin we need to help them out and show them the error of their ways.

I dragged this post out but in basic terms, marriage is between one man and woman, homosexuality is a sin and called an "abomination" in the bible, I am not pointing out homosexuality as other sins are sins too but obviously this was the topic.

Homosexuality marriage cannot and does not exist under God's eyes.

Just like if I married a Dog you could twist the word marriage to mean that if you want but we all know nobody is going to take it serious and look at it as true marriage.

like wise, humans can twist the word marriage and make it into what they want but its not going to change what God declared marriage to be and is.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Marriage by definition in the bible is not and cannot be between a man and a man or a woman and a woman. I mean think about it, if the definition of marriage was subject to change based on culture or opinions than marriage could mean anything.
Arranged marriages
Child brides
Polygamy
Interracial marriage
Levirate marriage
Women compelled to marry their rapist.
Concubines

But do please go on about how marriage isn't subject to change

Us as Christians we need to be brave enough to tell people the truth no matter if it hurts their feelings. A good friend is a friend who can tell you the truth in order to bring goodness in your life rather than lie to you just so they don't upset you and let you go on in a delusion.

Think about it, who is the real good friend, a friend who straight up is honest and says "You should stop being a drug users its ruining your life" even if it upsets you, or the friend who pats you on the back and never tells you its ruining your life because he doesn't want to upset you
because love is just like substance abuse

#2 - Nobody is born a homosexual.
Evidence?

It is proven in studies that alot of homosexuals have been sexually abused as a kid or in their life, not all of them but some.
What has been shown in studies is that homosexuals and heterosexuals experience the same levels of all forms of abuse until the early teen years when the abuse rate of homosexuals skyrockets. YSince you mention lesbians - at age 11 lesbians were no more and no less likely to have been sexually abused by their fathers than their heterosexual counterparts, by the age of 16 lesbians are up to 800 times more likely to have been sexually abused by their fathers.
Child abuse doesn't cause homosexuality, but being a homosexual leads to abuse.

I just watched a video the other day where a street preacher was talking about how alot of homosexuals are so because they have been sexually abused, the crowd was furious and the lesbian girl came forth in the crowd and said "Yes, I was molested"
or was that girl saying she was a lesbian because she was molested?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Sure, but I've never seen what you claim, and I don't think you have either, yet I'm willing to ask to be sure.

I'll just assume you're evading answering me for the reasons I've given.
Then you haven't read your bible. I would you do and make not of a couple passages like Lev 18:30 but I have no faith that you would do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thee David III

Jun 28, 2017
Pa
✟16,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Arranged marriages
Child brides
Polygamy
Interracial marriage
Levirate marriage
Women compelled to marry their rapist.
Concubines

But do please go on about how marriage isn't subject to change

because love is just like substance abuse

Evidence?

What has been shown in studies is that homosexuals and heterosexuals experience the same levels of all forms of abuse until the early teen years when the abuse rate of homosexuals skyrockets. YSince you mention lesbians - at age 11 lesbians were no more and no less likely to have been sexually abused by their fathers than their heterosexual counterparts, by the age of 16 lesbians are up to 800 times more likely to have been sexually abused by their fathers.
Child abuse doesn't cause homosexuality, but being a homosexual leads to abuse.

or was that girl saying she was a lesbian because she was molested?
I'm talking about marriage between one man and female is not subject to change, not nit picking at governmental laws. You are using a argument against something I am not even talking about. I am talking about marriage changing form ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN to anything else.

You are making the argument of "Nit picking on governmental laws, and ect"

Yes, the United States could say "You must pay $100 to get married in the United States" and another country could say "You pay nothing to get married but must fill out forms and documents"

If you are nit picking over things like that then yes it is "Subject to change" in that manner.

It is NOT subject to change in the manner of marriage is between one man and woman and that is what I am talking about that CANNOT and WILL NOT change in God's eyes.

I do not even know what you are arguing for or against.

If you are implying that marriage can be something other than between one MAN and WOMAN please provide bible verses which state God changes his view on that when clearly homosexuality is condemned in many bible verses.

You are out of your mind if you think POLYGAMY is marriage n God's eyes.

You just made a claim based on your implication that marriage is subject to change under God's eyes and that POLYGAMY CAN BE MARRIAGE IN GODS SIGHT.

Now back up your claim and give us bible verses which states or shows that POLYGAMY is true marriage in God's sight, please give us the bible verses were God is FOR that type of marriage.

You don't know how to read in context and I would like bible verses for that.

Don't give me a historical bible verses showing someone marrying multiple wives or having multiple wives, historical RECORDINGS and RECORDINGS OF EVENTS does not mean God accepts its and wants it.

When King David commit adultery the bible RECORDS KING DAVIDS EVENTS OF SIN, that does not mean God approves of King David's sin and no where does RECORDING EVENTS mean or imply God is okay with it when his commandments go against it.

#1 - God created marriage to be between a male and female PERIOD
- If you want to claim it can be between multiple partners then PROVIDE bible verses to support your claims other wise its just a claim

#2 - God condemns homosexuality and it is an abomination and a sin

Leviticus 18:22-23
22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. 23 Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion.

Romans 1:26
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

Marriage is NOT between a man and a man or a woman and a woman and can NEVER BE AND NEVER WILL BE!!! It is not subject to change and will NEVER be okay with God.

#3 - Get rebuked

Mark 10:8
8 and the two shall become one flesh so then they are no longer two, but one flesh.

It doesn't say MULTIPLE people will become ONE flesh it says "The TWO"

Not the three, not the four, not the five or six, but the "TWO" shall become one flesh.

You are TWISTING God's word to what it never says or agrees with.

#1 - Deal with those verses which clearly show marriage is NOT and CANNOT be anything other than one man with one woman

#2 - Provide bible verses where God states he agrees with marriage between ANYTHING ELSE other than a ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN.

Other wise you are just making "claims" big deal, I can claim God is a pink elephant, if its not in the bible then thats just you claim.

I have bible verses that clearly show God IS AGAINST such things.

Marriage is not "subject to change" under God's eyes when it comes to who the maraige is between which is ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN

Marriage is "subject to change" if you are nit picking over things like "You must pay $1 to get married" but in another country "You must do a dance before getting married" Yea, that is subjective in that sense but marriage is not SUBJECTIVE in God's eyes when it comes to one man and one woman.

LASTLY

You made false implications that you have YET to prove. You are implying that if the bible records it that it means God agrees with it. That is not the case and you have YET to give bible verses where God says polygamy is okay when I just gave you the bible verses that disagree with you and agree with me and everyone else.

The bible RECORDS EVENTS and the LIFE STYLE of people, that doesn't mean it APPROVES of their life style or sins, it is simply RECORDING THEM.

The news station on TV RECORDS and gives accounts of EVENTS, CRIMES, and SIN

That does not mean the news station is PROMOTING YOU TO SIN AND COMMIT CRIMES!!!!

Try again, Marriage is between ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN ONLY!!!

Now back up your claim and provide us the bible verses where God approves that marriage can be between two men or two women or multiple partners

I GOT TO SEE THIS !!!!

Thats what I thought, there are no verses that state that, only recorded events in history no different than a news station recording what crimes someone else did.

You are NOT going to be able to take God's holy word and use it to SUPPORT sin when God is against the things you've implied.

We will be waiting on bible verses where God approves of such things, other than that its just your claim or recorded history events no different than a news station recording what happened.

Try again

Marriage is not "Subjective" and "Your opinion"

If every country in the world forced you to pay $1,000,000 before getting married then NOBODY could get married

Marriage would STILL be able to be done and just because someone in the world subjectively changes how you get married by forcing all citizens to pay $1,000,000 that doesn't make it CHANGE in God's eyes.

If Marriage was subjective and could be changed then if the United States passed a law that forced all people wanting to get married to pay 1 million dollars in cash, then NOBODY could get married.

Yet we know from the bible MARRIAGE would will still exist and could still be done even if the law of the land said we could not be married unless we pay 1 million dollars.

God's moral law DOES NOT CHANGE, I'll be waiting on bible verses to support what you implied and I will be waiting to see you rebuke the bible verses I gave you which is AGAINST what you implied.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Legal marriage has nothing to do with Biblical marriage. Can two men or two women consummate their marriage to become joined as one in the eyes of God? If they can't, then they were never "married".

I doubt you are suggesting that people unable to have children
for whatever reasons, are less than married.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is NOT subject to change in the manner of marriage is between one man and woman and that is what I am talking about that CANNOT and WILL NOT change in God's eyes.

But there are children whose the parents decide the sex becasue they have mixed chromosomes, or both.
How are you going to decide if the marriage is correct for these people?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
#1 - God created marriage to be between a male and female PERIOD

You feel that Leviticus is the last word then, period?
Are you so worked up about ALL of God's word?
Or just the marriage guidelines?

Eating fruit from a tree within four years of planting it (19:23)

Practising divination or seeking omens (19:26) [No penalty, but in 20:6 they will be “cut off from their people” by God. In 20:27, they are to be stoned to death.]

Trimming your beard (19:27)

Cutting your hair at the sides (19:27)

Getting tattoos (19:28)

Not standing in the presence of the elderly (19:32)

Mistreating foreigners – “the foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born” (19:33-34)

Using dishonest weights and scales (19:35-36)

Cursing your father or mother (punishable by death) (20:9)

Entering a place where there’s a dead body as a priest (21:11)

Slaughtering a cow/sheep and its young on the same day (22:28)

Selling land permanently (25:23)

Failing to include salt in offerings to God(2:13)

Eating fat (3:17)

Eating blood (3:17)

Touching an unclean animal (5:2)

Carelessly making an oath (5:4)

Bringing unauthorised fire before God (10:1)

Letting your hair become unkempt (10:6)

Tearing your clothes (10:6)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
#2 - God condemns homosexuality and it is an abomination and a sin

9These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. 10And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: 11They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. 12Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

13And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, 14And the vulture, and the kite after his kind; 15Every raven after his kind; 16And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind, 17And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, 18And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,19And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

20All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you. 21Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon allfour, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth; 22Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind. 23But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

Sin is decided by the individual person.
You cannot see sin in others.
These passages cover that:

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do
and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Luke 12:47
That servant who knows his master's will but does not get ready or follow his instructions will be beaten with many blows.

John 9:41
"If you were blind," Jesus replied, "you would not be guilty of sin.
But since you claim you can see, your guilt remains."

2 Peter 2:21
It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness
than to have known it and turned away from the holy commandment passed on to them.

Job 12:7
"But now ask the beasts, and let them teach you;
And the birds of the heavens, and let them tell you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am talking about marriage changing form ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN to anything else.

That is a historical account.
Since we are not in the Garden of Eden, many things are not the same.
Moses allowed for divorce.
Civil laws allow for remarriage.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Try again, Marriage is between ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN ONLY!

Moses allowed for divorce and remarriage. This is multiple partners.
You must also insist that widows do not remarry.
God does not allow for divorce either.

Upvote 0

Thee David III

Jun 28, 2017
Pa
✟16,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
But there are children whose the parents decide the sex becasue they have mixed chromosomes, or both.
How are you going to decide if the marriage is correct for these people?
You haven't rebuked any verse I gave and you haven't dealt with any verse I gave to show marriage is only between one woman and man if you are arguing against that.

I gave many verses to support that and show it cannot be another way, so if you are arguing against this you need to deal with the verses one by one.

That being said, what does anything you just said have to do with marriage? Marriage has to do with the two people being married not the kid they are having.

You are confusing the topic. Marriage is between the two people getting married, why you are bringing up kids is irrelevant to what marriage is in God's sight and which people can or cannot get married.

Bringing up kids is irrelevant to if a animal can marry a person, if two males can marry, if two females can marry or if polygamy is allowed.

You clearly are confusing the topic, it has nothing to do with kids.

I gave bible verses to show polygamy and same sex marriage is NOT marriage is is condemnable to HELL FIRE.

Why you are bringing up kids to me when I never talked about parents having kids is unknown to me and irrelevant to the argument before hand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thee David III

Jun 28, 2017
Pa
✟16,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You feel that Leviticus is the last word then, period?
Are you so worked up about ALL of God's word?
Or just the marriage guidelines?

Eating fruit from a tree within four years of planting it (19:23)

Practising divination or seeking omens (19:26) [No penalty, but in 20:6 they will be “cut off from their people” by God. In 20:27, they are to be stoned to death.]

Trimming your beard (19:27)

Cutting your hair at the sides (19:27)

Getting tattoos (19:28)

Not standing in the presence of the elderly (19:32)

Mistreating foreigners – “the foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born” (19:33-34)

Using dishonest weights and scales (19:35-36)

Cursing your father or mother (punishable by death) (20:9)

Entering a place where there’s a dead body as a priest (21:11)

Slaughtering a cow/sheep and its young on the same day (22:28)

Selling land permanently (25:23)

Failing to include salt in offerings to God(2:13)

Eating fat (3:17)

Eating blood (3:17)

Touching an unclean animal (5:2)

Carelessly making an oath (5:4)

Bringing unauthorised fire before God (10:1)

Letting your hair become unkempt (10:6)

Tearing your clothes (10:6)

Stopping going on a "Rapid Fire" post spree and stay on topic or I'm not replying back. Deal with my bible verses and stop going on a "Rapid Fire" spree trying to bring up 30 topics at once.

Stick to the argument.

You are listing "OLD TESTAMENT" Laws that were not MORAL laws of God, given to the JEWISH NATION under a theocracy.

I am a gentile NOT a jew

The very fact that you are bring up those laws shows you have no clue the context of those laws.

It is actually quite funny that you are listing laws that do NOT apply to New Covenant gentile Christians.

You do not even understand the difference between, moral laws, ceremonial laws, governmental laws, clothing laws, ect.

Stop going off on a "Rapid Fire" spree just to deflect the topic that you have no evidence to support can be other wise.

Upvote 0

Thee David III

Jun 28, 2017
Pa
✟16,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Moses allowed for divorce and remarriage. This is multiple partners.
You must also insist that widows do not remarry.
God does not allow for divorce either.
Yes and if you read on because you left the verses out (its so typical for people to not quote the rest of the verse because it rebukes their argument if they didn't leave it out) it says the following.

Matthew 19
Marriage and Divorce
19 Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished these sayings, that He departed from Galilee and came to the region of Judea beyond the Jordan. 2 And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them there.

3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?”

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

7 They said to Him, “Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?”

8 He said to them, “Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.”

So when you want to give a verses PLEASE GIVE THE CONTEXT OF IT

again you only proved my point MOSES (A man who allowed it, NOT GOD)

Moses was the one who allowed it, NOT GOD

No where did God state he liked the idea, no where did you prove God wants it to happen

In fact that entire passage SHOWS that GOD HATES divorce and that God did not create it to be that way, no where did GOD approve

It says MOSES ALLOWED because peoples "hearts where hardened"

Also once again you are TWISTING words

If someone remarries that is not POLYGAMY

You don't even understand basic words like POLYGAMY

Getting a DIVORCE means you were married to ONE person

POLYGAMY is being with MULTIPLE people at once.

If you remarried that would still be ONE PERSON WITH ONE PERSON

And I already showed that God did not create it to be that way

Stop trying to using the bible to make it seem like GOD IS OKAY with it when GOD himself in the bible says the exact opposite.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mccleary
Upvote 0