Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have never heard that line from somebody.
Doing a Google search for the phrase, the results are
very low and not significant. Mostly songs and tattoo's.
When I was apart of a ministry we did massive arena events across the USA and a few in other countries. The ones in the US we asked teens many questions and many said they used that line or have heard that line used before. So I know lots of people do use that line. Btw many people on here that have been around for more then 5 years knows what ministry I belonged to as I won't go in to that on here. But these big youth events helped me understand what challenges they face and what we can do to help. Yes judging is sometimes needed but is not the first thing we are supposed to do when someone is struggling.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That passage is actually not about you birdwatching for the sins of others.
Many translations read "trespass against you."
Or....if you are offended by someone of the faith, let them know of your discomfort.
The KJV, NIV, and the American Standard Version all say "rebuke him" so let's not play word games. The Bible never mentions "birdwatching" but we are supposed to call it out when needed. We are supposed to judge if it's right or wrong but not pass down judgment down as that's God's job.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually when Jesus said "Who among you is without sin?"
He was not asking them if they were all prostitutes, as you imply.

The verse you are attempting to use has less to do with judging morals and more to do with believers trying to condemn her to death. As Jesus said in John 8:11 "Then neither do I condemn you" but then judges her act without condemning her by saying "leave your life of sin". Jesus never said what she did was right. Jesus in John 5:14 when healing a man he later told him to sin no more as to judge the mans morals but not condemn him. As to "who among you without sin" we are all sinners so none of us except God can condemn someone to death or what happens after. So Jesus said for anyone without sin to cast the first stone which would be to condemn her to death. We as Christians do not have the authority to condemn someone but we are given the responsibility of judging the actions of those in the church.

1 Corinthians 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,708.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't done a major study of judging, but here's my impression:

The major issue is people. There's no prohibition about judging teachings. Indeed we're supposed to.

There are also a couple of places where church discipline is described, so at least some judgement of people is allowed.

In my view, the clearest prohibition is judging whether God accepts someone. It's one thing to say that someone's conduct is unacceptable in the church, something else to say that they are not saved.

But I think judging actions when you're not in a position to do so is also a bad idea, i.e. if you're not in a position of authority involving church discipline, or you weren't personally affected by the offense.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The verse you are attempting to use has less to do with judging morals and more to do with believers trying to condemn her to death. As Jesus said in John 8:11 "Then neither do I condemn you" but then judges her act without condemning her by saying "leave your life of sin". Jesus never said what she did was right. Jesus in John 5:14 when healing a man he later told him to sin no more as to judge the mans morals but not condemn him. As to "who among you without sin" we are all sinners so none of us except God can condemn someone to death or what happens after. So Jesus said for anyone without sin to cast the first stone which would be to condemn her to death. We as Christians do not have the authority to condemn someone but we are given the responsibility of judging the actions of those in the church.

Jesus did not say that.
Plus, He did not say she had done anything wrong.
Instead He tells her to take a different path and
stop sinning against God, which He knew she was doing
by her heart, not her actions.

The epistles are not for your use.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No if I was not open to criticism I would of not got to where I am today. Also if I was not open to correction I would of not done 60 push-ups for not keeping a promise I made. If I mess up I try to fix it immediately if possible. So yes I am held accountable to a strict standard as I hold my family to a strict standard.

Making promises involving doing push-ups is wrong.
At some point, You'll find scripture that condemns such
ego-centric frivolity. As is using it as an example of
how great you are at pleasing God. But these things
take time, so I don't expect you to see it soon.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Making promises involving doing push-ups is wrong.
At some point, You'll find scripture that condemns such
ego-centric frivolity. As is using it as an example of
how great you are at pleasing God. But these things
take time, so I don't expect you to see it soon.
You didn't read what I wrote as I never said I made a promise involving doing push-ups. The push-ups are a result of me not keeping my word as there is always discipline to the action. I try my best to live a disciplined life I am not perfect and never claimed to be. But through keeping myself accountable and having others keep me accountable I have a great start at being a good example to not just my family but to others as well. Plus with my time I try to participate in ministry. But as I said none of that makes me perfect but I am held accountable when ever I do slip up.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus did not say that.
Plus, He did not say she had done anything wrong.
Instead He tells her to take a different path and
stop sinning against God, which He knew she was doing
by her heart, not her actions.

The epistles are not for your use.

Yes Jesus did say that:
John 8:11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you,"Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

When you tell someone to leave their life of sin you are saying you are doing something wrong for if she was not she would not to have to leave her life of sin.

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Gods eyes there is no such thing as homosexual marriage....it doesnt exist
Therefore homosexual divorce doesnt exist....

It is like telling someone caught in adultery to divorce their adulterous partner........

Their is no such thing as a homosexual christian as homosexuals cannot enter into heaven...
1 corinthians 6:9

However if a homosexual repents he is a new creation in Christ and the bondage of sin is brocken by the blood of Jesus....
And apparently because of our sinful nations policies he must go through some kind of divorce if he has a state marriage license.......

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes Jesus did say that:
John 8:11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you,"Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

When you tell someone to leave their life of sin you are saying you are doing something wrong for if she was not she would not to have to leave her life of sin.

I assume she gets to decide
when and where,
with whom and
how much she has sinned? No?
Each person gets to decide, just as illustrated in the story.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Gods eyes there is no such thing as homosexual marriage....it doesnt exist
Therefore homosexual divorce doesnt exist....

It is like telling someone caught in adultery to divorce their adulterous partner........

Their is no such thing as a homosexual christian as homosexuals cannot enter into heaven...
1 corinthians 6:9

However if a homosexual repents he is a new creation in Christ and the bondage of sin is brocken by the blood of Jesus....
And apparently because of our sinful nations policies he must go through some kind of divorce if he has a state marriage license.......

Actually, it was the laws of the time that did not allow for gay marriage.
For that reason, gay sex was "sex outside of marriage" and condemned.
In these troubled times, men may take only one wife. If we spot a man
with multiple wives today, a few of us object. If he has a wife and additional
women on the side, a few more of us object.
Not being sociable to strangers is a true crime in God's book.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I assume she gets to decide
when and where,
with whom and
how much she has sinned? No?
Each person gets to decide, just as illustrated in the story.
Your trying to add what's not there to add. The Bible in John 8:4 she was caught in the act of adultery when she was brought to Jesus. So when Jesus said leave your life of sin, He is addressing obviously the reason she was brought to him in the first place.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If you lead a gay friend to Christ who happens to be legally married to a same-sex partner...would it be a sin for them to divorce? What about remarriage in a heterosexual relationship?

Homosexuality is never legal from a Christian context. We have the enemy waging war against God's truth and against God personally.

This is a personal war between the Devil and God and now it is no longer hidden, but it is in your face.

To turn a practising homosexual from their ways to the truth and ways of God, places you as a soldier of God who has taken away one of the pawns of the enemy, who no longer is an instrument of war for the Devil's disposal.

It is not sin, but is counted as victory. If you truly have done it, then count yourself blessed by the works of God.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Two men or two women in partnership is never legally binding as marriage, even if all the courts and judges in the world beat their chest and bounce themselves from earth to heaven and declare it legal.

It is a futile act of the courts and judges. One that will lead to an all out escalation of spiritual warefare between good and evil.

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GOd will break this abomination on our nation through the blood of Jesus and the sword of the Spirit

For those who disagree with God that this sin is an abomination....
REmeber Sodom and Gomorah
Remeber Noah

GOd our Father is a merciful and forgiving God who gave his son for the sins of men.....
But He is also a God of judgement and will not forgive sins outside of the cross of Jesus Christ
Times of ignorance God overlooked
Now He commands all men to repent
Acts 17:30

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, it was the laws of the time that did not allow for gay marriage.
For that reason, gay sex was "sex outside of marriage" and condemned.
In these troubled times, men may take only one wife.
It was not always so.

That's not very biblical as we can see in Romans 1:26-27 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 homosexuality is sinful not just cause of the laws of the time. As I said in another thread you can't pick and choose which part is relevant today and which is not without making God in your own image.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's not very biblical as we can see in Romans 1:26-27 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 homosexuality is sinful not just cause of the laws of the time. As I said in another thread you can't pick and choose which part is relevant today and which is not without making God in your own image.

Any list of sins in wrong
when applied to people
besides yourself.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any list of sins in wrong
when applied to people
besides yourself.
Only you have claimed that. As I already said I am not perfect but I can state that a sin is indeed a sin. If I could not say it was a sin then no pastors could preach on Sunday's as none of us are perfect. But we are told to judge and correct our brothers and sister and keep each other accountable. Today people try to silence Christians the same way you are. But the truth is someone does not need to be perfect to be a Christian and take a stand against sin.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only you have claimed that. As I already said I am not perfect but I can state that a sin is indeed a sin. If I could not say it was a sin then no pastors could preach on Sunday's as none of us are perfect. But we are told to judge and correct our brothers and sister and keep each other accountable.

That is for you and you alone. The "we" is in your imagination.
The letters to the churches were not written with the intent
that they become part of scripture.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you lead a gay friend to Christ who happens to be legally married to a same-sex partner...would it be a sin for them to divorce? What about remarriage in a heterosexual relationship?

From a common bible studied man.
Answers -- no and no.
M-Bob

Upvote 0