"Gay Marriage" Opposition on the Rise in America?

Where do you stand on "gay marriage?"

• Strongly Oppose

• Oppose

• Favor

• Strongly Favor

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

m9lc

Veteran
Mar 18, 2007
✟9,745.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What about the increase in perversion accross those countries? If God cared about them nations he would have struck them down. However as America still prospers shows that we still have time.
Once again, what about Massachussetts?

In addition, I'd expect that these "perversions" being so evil, that their rise would also encourage an increase in other crimes.

I dunno, it just seems odd to me that God cares more about whether a man sticks his penis in another man's anus than about a woman who gets violently raped and murdered.

Upvote 0

baobobtree

Aum Namah Shivaya
Dec 18, 2006
The Material World.
✟8,359.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
What about the increase in perversion accross those countries? If God cared about them nations he would have struck them down. However as America still prospers shows that we still have time.
You can't measure a so-called increase in "perversion" so again your argument is faulty.

Upvote 0

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
That so many people would not only not oppose bu support this abomination is proof that God should abandon the United States.

Awesome! Personally I wouldn't miss any deity as petty and hateful as the one you speak of worshipping.

you can't have the relationship without the behaviour can you unless you are talking celibacy which hasn't been mentioned.

Uhh, you are aware that heterosexual couples practice oral and anal sex, too, right?

ChaliceThunder and I have asked this question over and over and have yet to get a clear answer out of anyone: Why is the religious right so transfixed with what happens inside the bedrooms of gay couples?

If you think God will allow such a peversion of marriage in His country your sadly mistaken.

Massachusetts is in the United States, last I checked.

And your deity doesn't have a monopoly on this country. We have this neat little thing called freedom of religion here. :)

Why should we? It offends me when you claim homosexual aren't equal to heterosexuals, or that AIDS is God's punishment to gay people. Are you going to stop with this whole "gays r teh evil" mentality because it offends me?

That's why I love ya, little water brother!

I am a racial minority and I hereby give the gay rights campaign permission to compare the oppression of racial minorities to the oppression of LGBT community.

Strongly in favor! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

:scratch:

Wait, wait, wait. So that God has done nothing to Canada, and Sweden is proof that God doesn't care about them. That God has done nothing to the United States, is proof that He cares about this nation a great deal.

Seriously, if ever I can twist my brain to make sense of this guy's posts, I just want someone to shoot me.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You have nothing to add to the conversation so you choose to berape me? How mature. Obviously you cannot argue that there are just some people who do not deserve equal rights.
You're right... as much as I want to argue it I can't. Sadly, when I see folks like yourself I find that there are people out there who deserve less rights than the rest of us.

Upvote 0

Ramona

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Of course God doesn't care! If God wanted to wipe out sodomite mrriage He simply would do so. It is only that the majority of America oppose such a depraved legalization of preversion that God does not bring his punishemnt forth onto America.

How else do you explain the spread of evil accros these "liberal" nations like Canada and Sweden while we hold it still in America?

Why is your god so hot and bothered over same-sex marriage that he'd destroy America, but at this time 65 years ago just kind of let the Holocaust slide?

Just goes to show that there are still people who create God in their image.

Upvote 0

wagsbags

Nov 21, 2004
Visit site
✟15,757.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Why is your god so hot and bothered over same-sex marriage that he'd destroy America, but at this time 65 years ago just kind of let the Holocaust slide?

Just goes to show that there are still people who create God in their image.
Why can't I add reputation? :(

I take comfort in the fact that polls are very clear that younger americans are significantly more liberal on this issue so really it's only a matter of time :D

Upvote 0

MrrrrrNiceGuy

If you know the truth the truth will set you free.
Jul 17, 2006
Fairview, Tennessee
Visit site
✟8,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I take comfort in the fact that polls are very clear that younger americans are significantly more liberal on this issue so really it's only a matter of time :D

Well, I'm not much older than you and I strongly oppose, so it's not like we don't exist. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wagsbags

Nov 21, 2004
Visit site
✟15,757.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I'm not much older than you and I strongly oppose, so it's not like we don't exist. :p
:) only a matter of time. I think first civil unions will be legalized since those enjoy close to 50-50 support already then we'll have to have another court case to realize that we already decided separate but equal is not constitutional. Interesting that we have to go through all this again. First we need to re-realize that people should have equal rights and then re-realize that separate but equal is not ok.

But the trend on social issues has historically been toward more liberal/less bigoted.

Upvote 0

MrrrrrNiceGuy

Jul 17, 2006
Fairview, Tennessee
Visit site
✟8,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:) only a matter of time. I think first civil unions will be legalized since those enjoy close to 50-50 support already then we'll have to have another court case to realize that we already decided separate but equal is not constitutional. Interesting that we have to go through all this again. First we need to re-realize that people should have equal rights and then re-realize that separate but equal is not ok.

But the trend on social issues has historically been toward more liberal/less bigoted.

I vow to stubbornly stick to my view that I strongly oppose "gay marriage." :yawn:

Upvote 0

wagsbags

Nov 21, 2004
Visit site
✟15,757.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Not sure if this was in jest, but you have to have either 1000 posts, 1000 reps, or 1 year of membership to give reputation.
I've got well over a year it's just WorldFriction. I suspect it has something to do with the referral but I don't really know what those are.

Upvote 0

Ramona

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married

Thank you! :wave:

Not sure if this was in jest, but you have to have either 1000 posts, 1000 reps, or 1 year of membership to give reputation.

Pffft. Of course he was serious. Everyone loves me! :p

Very well said. Reps! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ramona

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
I've got well over a year it's just WorldFriction. I suspect it has something to do with the referral but I don't really know what those are.

Heh, heh. Actually I disabled my rep option my second day on CF. A referral means that you referred someone to the forum.

Upvote 0

MrrrrrNiceGuy

Jul 17, 2006
Fairview, Tennessee
Visit site
✟8,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
BTW, it's been nearly 10 years already and my view on this issue has traveled not one nanometer to the left or to the right, not one!

Just what makes anyone think it's going to change in the future? :p

Upvote 0

m9lc

Veteran
Mar 18, 2007
✟9,745.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
BTW, it's been nearly 10 years already and my view on this issue has traveled not one nanometer to the left or to the right, not one!

Just what makes anyone think it's going to change in the future? :p
History, and polls showing that the younger generations are more open to gay marriage.

Upvote 0

wagsbags

Nov 21, 2004
Visit site
✟15,757.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh no no no you misunderstand. YOUR view isn't going to change. But in our generation gay marriage is supported. It's only counterbalanced because of older generation. Once they die off you are outnumbered by your peers. And at some point international pressure may influence politics somewhat.

Upvote 0