Gay Christians: give it up

B

brightmorningstar

Dear ChaliceThunder,
You do not know what you are talking about, brightmorningstar.
Its clear that I do, I have the word of God as evidence.

You and others keep bringing it back to sex. (which, in your mind, and in the mind of others, is a dirty thing...one can surmise from all your postings)
It’s the dictionary definition, cant you speak English? Gay is same sex attraction, not same love attraction. Love and sex are two different things, I love chocolate but I don’t have sex with it.

If we cant agree what words mean how can people communicate with gays?

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To sannabannna94,
'He says', 'His word', 'He blesses'... I think some people should stop speaking for God.
I think they must continue to speak God’s word as given in the face of such absolute denial.

If God wishes to teach his children I'm sure he doesn't want any of us to speak for him.
how could you be sure if you don’t think people speak for God? ;)

This is simply a board used to cheer on Homophobia and prejudice.
good, if that’s how you see it, we see it as a board to defend love and God against pansexual rebellion.

I am glad to see though that some understand the values that were placed such as 'equal rights', 'humanity', and 'respecting thy neighbor'. You know all those silly things you learned when everyone had cooties?
Obviously you neither respect us as your neighbours, or you respect our equal rights to hold views, and you don’t respect God as you don’t respect His word.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you don't believe the Holy Bible to be God's Inspired and inerrant Word, you don't have a standard by which to tell me what is or is not God's Word. :o

Surely ...no one who uses the Bible as a weapon has the right to call it the Word of God. I've just about had it with the (relatively few) religious fanatics on this subforum. I find little difference between them and the religious fanatics that use the Koran for similar purposes. One might fly planes into buildings and the other not but the fanaticism that results in regard to the hatred of one group toward another is the same. And what is the cause for this fanaticism? The answer: THE WORDS FROM A BOOK, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To sannabannna94,
I think they must continue to speak God’s word as given in the face of such absolute denial.

Such self-righteousness. Brightmorningstar has inside tract with God and others that disagree with bms don't.

how could you be sure if you don’t think people speak for God? ;)

Such smugness. ;) Right back at ya . . .

good, if that’s how you see it, we see it as a board to defend love and God against pansexual rebellion.
Such empty rhetoric in the guise of 'defending love'.

Obviously you neither respect us as your neighbours, or you respect our equal rights to hold views, and you don’t respect God as you don’t respect His word.
Again, self-righteous diatribe. How dare you tell others as if an authority that they don't respect God or His word ...? I'm your Christian equal, bms, and I'll call you out whenever I believe that you're misusing the Bible for your own ends. I'm sure that others on the forum are your Christian equals too so I would suggest that you take this into consideration when you post.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To KCKID,
Such self-righteousness. Brightmorningstar has inside tract with God and others that disagree with bms don't.
Then even your understanding of self righteousness differs from mine. Self righteousness according to Jesus is where people look down on others as less righteous. Luke 18:9-14

Those who humble themselves before God are lifted up and trust in the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Such smugness. Right back at ya . . .
Sorry its about your comment which is a contradiction. how could you be sure about what God wants if you don’t think people speak for God?

Such empty rhetoric in the guise of 'defending love'.
Ok well we have seemingly totally opposed worldviews.

Again, self-righteous diatribe. How dare you tell others as if an authority that they don't respect God or His word ...?
Obviously you neither respect us as your neighbours, or you would respect our equal rights to hold views. And you don’t respect God if you don’t recognise and believe His word as demonstrated in the texts I have quoted which you have attributed to my interpretation.

I'm your Christian equal, bms,
So you say but what is the reasoning and behind your views.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, fortunately the phrase 'you will know them by their fruits' does not include one's intimacies with another which are personal and private. The 'fruits' of a Christian are evident to others OUTSIDE the bedroom. I have no desire to pry into your personal life, bms, whatever it may be. I don't care to know if you are 'gay' or 'straight' in the bedroom. But, your day-to-day 'fruits' might well convince me - or not - that you're a Christian.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To KCKID,
Well, fortunately the phrase 'you will know them by their fruits' does not include one's intimacies with another which are personal and private.
But isn’t '”you will know them by their fruits” just your interpretation of what the text says?

' The 'fruits' of a Christian are evident to others OUTSIDE the bedroom. I have no desire to pry into your personal life, bms, whatever it may be. I don't care to know if you are 'gay' or 'straight' in the bedroom. But, your day-to-day 'fruits' might well convince me - or not - that you're a Christian
But that’s just your interpretation of what the texts say, the text actually says fruit not fruits and it doesn’t say gay or straight.

In fact Galatians 5 says the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. The acts of the sinful nature as opposed to the Spirit are are obviously sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. It also says if one is led by the Spirit, one is not under law, which just shows why some keep asking others about the law.
Here is the full text (NIV) so all can see what I have said is what the Bible says rather than an interpretation of it..

16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then I hope you ignored the question because you knew I don't have a wife.;)

What question did I ignore?
As we can see from your first questions above, there are obviously more options than your surmises.

And the fact that you are not currently married does not change the three possiblilities. All it does is increase the the likelihood of the first -- that you do not understand a loving committed marriage and think all relationships that include physical intimacy can be reduced to lust. I'm still not sure that I want to believe that of you, though.

You didn't see me say anything against anybody loving anyone. If they are two people of the same sex having sex, it is sin. And if you feel like that demonizes them, take it up with God. I'm fine with calling that which He says is sin, sin. :)

When you reduce their entire relationship to lust, which you clearly did in the post I first replied to, you are saying that they are incapable of any higher feelings. You are making them less than human (in your eyes). It was not just a case of "calling sin, sin."

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To Ollifranz,
Lust is having a desire for sex, gay means having same sex desires. Love isnt sex, gay is homosexual rather than homoloving. When you cant reduce the whole relationship to lust or love you have gay thinking and reasoning.

:confused:??????:confused:??????:confused:

Can anyone translate this to English?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Surely ...no one who uses the Bible as a weapon has the right to call it the Word of God. I've just about had it with the (relatively few) religious fanatics on this subforum. I find little difference between them and the religious fanatics that use the Koran for similar purposes. One might fly planes into buildings and the other not but the fanaticism that results in regard to the hatred of one group toward another is the same. And what is the cause for this fanaticism? The answer: THE WORDS FROM A BOOK, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Hey, if you believe the Bible to be just a book instead of the inspired Word of God, it's natural that you feel that way.

But all this shouting about humanity and equal rights and love while folks are living lives of consistent disobedience to God's Word.

The Bible says 4The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. 1 John 2:4-6

Ain't no need to be talking humanity and equal rights and love to someone who refuses to confess and repent of sin.

God wants our OBEDIENCE more than He wants all this other stuff we think we're doing in His name.

22 But Samuel replied:
"Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD ?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
1 Sam. 15:22

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And the fact that you are not currently married does not change the three possiblilities. All it does is increase the the likelihood of the first -- that you do not understand a loving committed marriage and think all relationships that include physical intimacy can be reduced to lust. I'm still not sure that I want to believe that of you, though.

You believe what you feel comfortable with. I'll continue to trust in the Truth of God's Word. And by His Word, two people of the same sex don't meet the qualifications for marriage. Thus any sexual acts between them is either fornicative or lustful and those are both sin.

When you reduce their entire relationship to lust, which you clearly did in the post I first replied to, you are saying that they are incapable of any higher feelings. You are making them less than human (in your eyes). It was not just a case of "calling sin, sin."

You need to read more. Like I said they can love each other all they want. But if two people of the same sex engage in sex or lust with each other, it is sin no matter what type of love bow yall try to wrap it up in.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
brightmorningstar said:
To Ollifranz,
Lust is having a desire for sex, gay means having same sex desires. Love isnt sex, gay is homosexual rather than homoloving. When you cant reduce the whole relationship to lust or love you have gay thinking and reasoning.
:confused:??????:confused:??????:confused:

Not me. I'm not that good. I think it might be bms attempting to speak 'in tongues'. Sounds more like 'pigeon English' to me, though. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

brightmorningstar

To Olliefranz and KCKID,

This is the problem, its already in English but you cant understand it. Why not?

Look up the dictionary definitions for lust and gay and you will see I posted correctly. Lust is having a desire for sex, gay means having same sex desires. Love isn’t sex, gay is homosexual rather than homoloving.
You fail to see the word sex in homoSEXual and refer to love.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To KCKID,
Surely ...no one who uses the Bible as a weapon has the right to call it the Word of God.
Christians believe the Bible is the recorded and inspired word of God, you aren’t denying that are you? If you are the debate isn’t about homosexuality but the truth and reliability of the Bible, in which case you are out of luck as this forum encourages quoting the Bible to back up reasoned arguments and has a statement of faith based on the Bible.

For Christians the Bible is therefore the benchmark of truth from which we can deduce see what God’s purposes are.
What the Bible records about God’s purposes are not seen as a weapon by those who have had their hearts and minds renewed and transformed and capture all thoughts obedient to Christ. (Romans 12:2, 2 Cor 10;5) To see condemnation or a weapon in God’s purposes fails to recognise there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1) (but there obviously eventually is for those who aren’t Matt 25)
This is why the title is , 'gay christians give it up'

Upvote 0