Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Was not the Bible we are talking about here about Love? Then why am I not seeing Love from those of are "defending" it? Maybe my version is wrong?

Are you seeing love from those who are against it?

I can only speak for me. But I'm not one to coddle people about sin when they are trying to make it into everything but sin.

I'll keep repeating what God says, and if what He says seems unloving, I can't do anything about that.:)

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well I guess we'll just place you on that list of folks who don't believe that the Bible is God's Word.

Well, considering not even the Bible claims to be "God's word", I don't see why you should claim it is... and I ESPECIALLY don't see why you would claim that an English version with demonstrable translation errors and tainted context is.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'll keep repeating what God says, and if what He says seems unloving, I can't do anything about that.:)

You know you have created God in your own image when it turns out he hates all the same people you do.

(Or maybe, if you find a part of the Bible that seems to suggest that an eternalk and infinitely loving God sounds unloving about anything, perhaps thats a pretty good indication you've found a bit of the Bible that is inaccurate)

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, considering not even the Bible claims to be "God's word", I don't see why you should claim it is... and I ESPECIALLY don't see why you would claim that an English version with demonstrable translation errors and tainted context is.

Like I said, your version may not make the claim, mine does. :)

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You know you have created God in your own image when it turns out he hates all the same people you do.

You must be thinking about yourself. I let God be God. And you haven't seen me express hate for anyone.

(Or maybe, if you find a part of the Bible that seems to suggest that an eternalk and infinitely loving God sounds unloving about anything, perhaps thats a pretty good indication you've found a bit of the Bible that is inaccurate)

It's obvious there are some things about God's Word that you find unpalatable. Take it up with Him. It's not gonna change anything, but at least you will have gotten that off your chest.:)

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Almost true. Heterosexual sex outside of God ordained marriage between a man and a woman would still be sin.:)

If CT is gay and involved with a same sex person, CT ain't married according to how God's Word defines marriage.

And God does not bless disobedience.

I didn't demonize anything. If CT is in a relationship with another guy and they love each other, good for them. But if they are having sex or lusting after each other it is sin.

Either you ignored the question about your wife because you did not want to admit that the relationship is only about lust, or you ignored it so you could continue to claim CT's relationship with his spouse is only about lust. In the first case, you are missing several important aspects of God's plan in marriage. However I suspect that this is not the reason you ignored the question.

In the second case either you are are deliberately lying about another human being's capacity to love, or you are demonizing him, making him less than human. Either way, it is not of God. Even if you do believe him to be less than human, flaming him is against the site rules.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's obvious there are some things about God's Word that you find unpalatable. Take it up with Him. It's not gonna change anything, but at least you will have gotten that off your chest.:)
It's not gonna change anything, including your mind?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Either you ignored the question about your wife because you did not want to admit that the relationship is only about lust, or you ignored it so you could continue to claim CT's relationship with his spouse is only about lust. In the first case, you are missing several important aspects of God's plan in marriage. However I suspect that this is not the reason you ignored the question.

Then I hope you ignored the question because you knew I don't have a wife.;)

In the second case either you are are deliberately lying about another human being's capacity to love, or you are demonizing him, making him less than human. Either way, it is not of God. Even if you do believe him to be less than human, flaming him is against the site rules.
[/QUOTE]

As we can see from your first questions above, there are obviously more options than your surmises.

You didn't see me say anything against anybody loving anyone. If they are two people of the same sex having sex, it is sin. And if you feel like that demonizes them, take it up with God. I'm fine with calling that which He says is sin, sin. :)

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hope you weren't trying to change my mind. I'm a deliverer of God's Truth. You'd have to change His Word to change my mind.

What I'm trying to do is show you that your interpretation of "God's word" and God's ACTUAL word, are not necesarily the same thing.

I mean, you don't believe in Creationism, do you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How does that work? I ask again, what makes you so sure that your is the perfect, absolute truth of God, and mine isn't?

It's called faith. He says it's His Word and I have the utmost faith that it is because He says so. He created the universe. He's capable of maintaining His Word.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What I'm trying to do is show you that your interpretation of "God's word" and God's ACTUAL word, are not necesarily the same thing.

I mean, you don't believe in Creationism, do you?

If you don't believe the Holy Bible to be God's Inspired and inerrant Word, you don't have a standard by which to tell me what is or is not God's Word. :o

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's called faith. He says it's His Word and I have the utmost faith that it is because He says so. He created the universe. He's capable of maintaining His Word.

Um... nowhere does the Bible claim to be "God's word"... and its not that I question God's ability to maintain his word, sure he COULD, however he DIDN'T. Hence all the many translation and transcription errors in the Bible.

If God was magically protecting his word from any unwanted changes or errors, there would not be different versions of the Bible at all... let alone the errata!

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you don't believe the Holy Bible to be God's Inspired and inerrant Word, you don't have a standard by which to tell me what is or is not God's Word. :o
I never said I didn't believe the Bible to be INSPIRED, just its not INERRANT.

And of course I have a standard by which to tell you what is and isn't God's word... my standard is simple... "Biblical texts that are logically coherent and discoverable without circular logic, that are in keeping with the direct teachings of Christ are probably the word of God. Anythi9ng that does not satisfy these two requirements definately is NOT the word of God."

See? Easy.

Upvote 0

sannabanana94

Believing in what's right
Oct 20, 2008
California
Visit site
✟15,149.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
'He says', 'His word', 'He blesses'... I think some people should stop speaking for God. If God wishes to teach his children I'm sure he doesn't want any of us to speak for him. That is a commandment, is it not? And really there never was a question. This is simply a board used to cheer on Homophobia and prejudice. I am glad to see though that some understand the values that were placed such as 'equal rights', 'humanity', and 'respecting thy neighbor'. You know all those silly things you learned when everyone had cooties?

Reactions: EnemyPartyII
Upvote 0