Gay Christians: give it up

Forgiven_and_Redeemed

Sep 28, 2008
✟344.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sex or any kind of sexual stimulation outside of marriage is sinful.
Marriage is blessed by God as between a man and a woman.
Therefore sex between men and sex between women is wrong.

These are the facts. Gay Christians: give it up.

Relationships between members of the same sex are to be celebrated - but not consummated. A same sex friendship does not need sex to validate it. Nowhere in the Bible does it say two men can't love each other. Nowhere in the Bible does it say two women can't love each other. Love each other as best friends and soul mates, no sex whatsoever.

Sex has two purposes: to seal the binding God-given covenant between a man and a women, and to reproduce. Gay sex does neither of these, therefore it is not natural.

A romantic relationship is not the end-all be-all of a happy life. Happiness in life is brought by honouring God and serving Jesus, helping other human beings in need and bringing joy to our family and friends. A romantic relationship is but one of the many, many relationships a Christian enjoys. Gay Christians who are repulsed at the thought of lifelong celibacy are clearly sex-obsessed, and are unable to conceptualise happiness divorced from sex. This is worrying, but nothing that God can't fix.

Having sex with a member of the same gender is no less sinful than having sex with a member of the opposite gender outside of marriage. We are all sinners, we all ask for God's forgiveness. If God can forgive murderes and thieves, he can obviously forgive active homosexuals.

These are the facts. Gay Christians:

GIVE IT UP!

Thank you. Praise the lord!:bow:

Forgiven_and_Redeemed

Sep 28, 2008
✟344.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So I take it you aren't for gay marriage? :scratch:
tulc(just making a guess here) :)

I am certainly not against people getting married... to a member of the opposite sex. Two men can't get married - neither can two women.

Get your book out of MY pants please

This is a Christian forum, is it not?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am certainly not against people getting married... to a member of the opposite sex. Two men can't get married - neither can two women.
Well, actually yes they can. :) Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean they can't. :)

Yep. And there are Christians (like me) who don't have a problem with same-sex marriage. :wave:
tulc(is having some great coffee right now) ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: bluegill_04
Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe that this is the way that Jesus would speak about this issue. If you speak in a way that tries and alienate people from God, you are not doing His work. It's our job to love people, not judge them or beat them over the head with what we feel they are doing wrong.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To tulc,
Well, actually yes they can.
But this is a Christian forum and so according to God’s word they can’t. God made male and female for this reason, that a man shall be united with his wife and the two shall become one flesh. Genesis 2, Matthew 19, Mark 10, Ephesians 5 etc. There are over a hundred references to man and woman in marriage in the Bible and not only none for man and man or woman and woman but several condemnations for such unions Genesis 19, Leviticus 18 & 20, 1 Corinthians 6, 1 Timothy 1, Romans 1 etc.

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean they can't.
He isn’t telling you what he thinks of it he is pointing out what God thinks… you don’t seem to be able to recognise God in this.

Yep. And there are Christians (like me) who don't have a problem with same-sex marriage.
Then all the more reason to get right with God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

brightmorningstar

To kdet,
I don't believe that this is the way that Jesus would speak about this issue. If you speak in a way that tries and alienate people from God, you are not doing His work. It's our job to love people, not judge them or beat them over the head with what we feel they are doing wrong.
As Jesus words and NT teaching is causing most of the trouble here, Jesus is speaking this way, so those of us who quote and cite His words are doing His work as His work is to make disciples teaching them to obey everything He taught (Matthew 28)

Now and the apostles and disciples had some harsh words to those who called themselves believers and religious, ‘Vipers’, ‘whitewashed tombs’, ‘brute beasts’
Not only have some got the teaching on same sex unions wrong, they seem to have some unrealistic partial view of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Leah
Upvote 0

Forgiven_and_Redeemed

Sep 28, 2008
✟344.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Which is all well and good if we're talking to lost sheep. However, Jesus had harsh word to say to the Pharisees. Why? Because they should have known better. 'Gay Christians' should also know better; that being said I didn't mean to cause any particular offence... but if God's word causes offence, well, that just shows that it is effective against sin and the works of wickedness.:bow:

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which is all well and good if we're talking to lost sheep. However, Jesus had harsh word to say to the Pharisees. Why? Because they should have known better. 'Gay Christians' should also know better; that being said I didn't mean to cause any particular offence... but if God's word causes offence, well, that just shows that it is effective against sin and the works of wickedness.:bow:

Four problems here. Firstly sexual orientation is not a sin. Two, you are casting stones at others as if you yourself are not a sinner. Three, Jesus had NOTHING to say about homosexuality. Four, you appear to be guilty of the sin of pride.

So, I have no idea where you're coming from preaching 'the condemning word of God' to others.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the way, precisely WHAT are 'gay' Christians supposed to give up ...their sexual orientation? Do you have any rational suggestions to offer as to how they are supposed to do that?

Incidentally, continued rubbing the noses of 'gay' Christians into the so-called 'clout' scriptures is NOT a rational suggestion.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He isn’t telling you what he thinks of it he is pointing out what God thinks… you don’t seem to be able to recognise God in this.
...or more precisely his opinion about what God thinks. And I really don't have a problem recognizing God in this, I do have a problem accepting your opinion of it. See the difference? :scratch:

Then all the more reason to get right with God.
Well...I've been talking to Him all day and He hasn't said a thing about that to me, so until He does I'll just try (by His grace) and keep following Him as best I can. :)
tulc( can do no more then that) :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

BigBadWlf

So incredibly well said :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

Sex or any kind of sexual stimulation outside of marriage is sinful.
That is your opinion… it is not a fact

Marriage is blessed by God as between a man and a woman.
Again, just your opinion. I know many same gendered couples whose marriages have been blessed.
Can you cite chapter and verse that specifically prohibits same gendered marriage?
Therefore sex between men and sex between women is wrong.
Your opinion and nothing more
Nowhere does the bible forbid same gendered marriage. Unless of course you can provide us all with a chapter and verse that specifically prohibits same gendered marriage

Relationships between members of the same sex are to be celebrated - but not consummated. A same sex friendship does not need sex to validate it. Nowhere in the Bible does it say two men can't love each other. Nowhere in the Bible does it say two women can't love each other. Love each other as best friends and soul mates, no sex whatsoever.

Sex has two purposes: to seal the binding God-given covenant between a man and a women, and to reproduce. Gay sex does neither of these, therefore it is not natural.
An opinion….and nothing factual about your opinion

Infertile heterosexuals don’t reproduce…are they un-natural? Or is it somehow “different” and you want to apply fertility only to minorities?

It is natural for gays and lesbians to be just what they are. Homosexuality occurs in nature, which means it is natural

A romantic relationship is not the end-all be-all of a happy life. Happiness in life is brought by honouring God and serving Jesus, helping other human beings in need and bringing joy to our family and friends. A romantic relationship is but one of the many, many relationships a Christian enjoys.

Interesting that you present yourself as being in a romantic relationship yet you want to claim that it is wrong for members of a minority to enjoy the same sort of relationship you do.
Please explain just why minorities should not have the same romantic relationship that you enjoy

Gay Christians who are repulsed at the thought of lifelong celibacy are clearly sex-obsessed, and are unable to conceptualise happiness divorced from sex. This is worrying, but nothing that God can't fix.
Heterosexual Christians who are repulsed at the thought of lifelong celibacy are also clearly sex-obsessed

Having sex with a member of the same gender is no less sinful than having sex with a member of the opposite gender outside of marriage. We are all sinners, we all ask for God's forgiveness. If God can forgive murderes and thieves, he can obviously forgive active homosexuals.
this same tactic is and has been used by racists for generation. A racist will compare a person of color to a criminal, substance abuser or as a sexual deviant in order to try to justify their own petty personal prejudices and hatreds.

These are the facts. Gay Christians:

GIVE IT UP!

Thank you. Praise the lord!:bow:
You didn’t present any facts. You only presented your opinions

Upvote 0

texastig

The diablo is in the phone booth dialing 911
Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

bbw, it is a Biblical Fact.
No place in the Bible does God refer to marriage as between two men. God explicitly refers to marital relations as between a man and a woman and condemns all sexual relationships outside of marriage. Since marriage is not ordained between two men, all sexual relationships outside of marriage are sin.

Remember Biblical Facts.

Mar 10:6
But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

Mar 10:7
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

Gen 2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Mar 10:9
What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

It is natural for gays and lesbians to be just what they are. Homosexuality occurs in nature, which means it is natural.

bbw,
It is not natural for gays and lesbians to be just what they are. It is sin and sin mars the reality of what is right.
Animals have no concept of homosexuality. They are driven by instinct not choices.

Thanks,
TT

Reactions: Dogbean
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
People talk as if Gay Marriage is like the master sin or something. Ignoring the fact that you sin many many times a day and ALL PEOPLE should repent! You must also love your fellow man as Jesus commands!

Peace

• Agree
Upvote 0