United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump warns California: Fix homeless crisis – or feds will step in

“Governor Gavin N has done a really bad job on taking care of the homeless population in California,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “If he can’t fix the problem, the Federal Govt. will get involved!”

Images of homeless people camped out on streets and in public parks have become commonplace in San Francisco and Los Angeles, as well as the state’s smaller cities. In addition, tech giant Oracle this month moved its long-running OpenWorld conference to Las Vegas, reportedly citing San Francisco’s “poor street conditions” as a factor.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A video regarding safe parking lots for the homeless. These seem to be a good idea but, the City of SD here had a nice one up and running and the homeless didn't care for the rules.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hank77

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

“Governor Gavin N has done a really bad job on taking care of the homeless population in California,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “If he can’t fix the problem, the Federal Govt. will get involved!”

Images of homeless people camped out on streets and in public parks have become commonplace in San Francisco and Los Angeles, as well as the state’s smaller cities. In addition, tech giant Oracle this month moved its long-running OpenWorld conference to Las Vegas, reportedly citing San Francisco’s “poor street conditions” as a factor.

"TRUMP TOWER Opens Doors to All Homeless!"

"All Golf Courses Now Allow for Tents!"

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Personally i would prefer the Feds not get involved; the problem was created and exacerbated by the policies of the cities and the state of CA. Let them foot the bill for solving the problem......

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A video regarding safe parking lots for the homeless. These seem to be a good idea but, the City of SD here had a nice one up and running and the homeless didn't care for the rules.

no band aids go to the root of the problem

Experts argue that while housing may help, many homeless people are mentally ill or addicted to drugs, and other forms of intervention are needed, especially as some actually resist moving into permanent housing.

build the wall and stop the flow of drugs.
Open mental hospitals again

housing only moves the problem from the streets to your neighborhood which without jobs which most of the homeless have no ability in their present condition to hold thus crime will increase.

Stop the democrat's nanny state mentality.

Vote in November to remove democrats in all level of government.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stop the democrat's nanny state mentality.
Vote in November to remove democrats in all level of government.

I agree with you but, sad to say
it won't be happening in California.

It's now all about free stuff here.

Yes, over the years I have become friends with many of the homeless. My one homeless friend Tony received prox 450 a month for doing nothing. Well, to be honest he did have to participate in a job fair every couple of months. He thought those were a joke because, both he and the ones working the fair knew he didn't want to work and never sent him out for interviews. Tony's 450 plus collecting cans kept him nice and happy.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
As explained in video, now they have a special
"Poop Patrol" in San Francisco. Homeless pooping and shooting up -- all over the place!
Best described as a "Hot Mess".

M-Bob
California homeless solution: Deny a problem; wash away the evidence......

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"TRUMP TOWER Opens Doors to All Homeless!"

"All Golf Courses Now Allow for Tents!"
This would be a great place for people to live:
1280px-Trump_National_Golf_Club_%28Los_Angeles%29.jpg

he could donate the whole thing, build some nice little homes there, and it wouldn't cost the government a dime! Problem solved. :wave:
tulc(thinks this is a great idea) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This would be a great place for people to live:
1280px-Trump_National_Golf_Club_%28Los_Angeles%29.jpg

he could donate the whole thing, build some nice little homes there, and it wouldn't cost the government a dime! Problem solved. :wave:
tulc(thinks this is a great idea) :oldthumbsup:
I bet tulc would be willing to give a homeless person a room in his house, right? I mean, you seem to be ok with using others property maybe you could set the example?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I bet tulc would be willing to give a homeless person a room in his house, right? I mean, you seem to be ok with using others property maybe you could set the example?
uhmmm...I help house and feed a couple hundred homeless people in the shelter we have here in Chicago, men, women, children. We feed them, house them and help them get medical attention, we've helped hundreds get housed and trained to take care of themselves and raise families. Some day? When tensions aren't running so high, and in a thread about this, I'd love to explain how our shelters came about and started in the dining room of the building we all live in. any way, all that aside: yes I do and I have put "my money where my mouth is" and I've done so since the late 70's. :wave:
tulc(hopes that answers civilwarbuff's question) :)

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure, but I hope they deduct the cost from Cals aid.
uhmmm...that "aid" you want deducted from the cost? That came from California in the first place. been here:
Economy of California - Wikipedia
The gross state product as of 2018.[9] As a sovereign nation (2018), California would rank as the world's fifth largest economy, ahead of India and behind Germany.[10] Additionally, California's Silicon Valley is home to some of the world's most valuable technology companies, including Apple, Alphabet Inc., and Facebook.[11] In total, over 10% of Fortune 1000 companies were based in California in 2018, the most of any state.[12]

As both the most populous US state[13] and one of the most climatologically diverse states, the economy of California is varied, with many sizable sectors. The most dominant of these sectors include finance, business services, government and manufacturing. Much of the economic activity is concentrated in the coastal cities, especially Los Angeles, which has a relative focus on media—most notably Hollywood—and the San Francisco Bay Area, which predominantly concentrates on technology. Both cities, along with other major ports such as San Diego, also act as significant trade hubs to and from the United States. Furthermore, California's Central Valley is one of the most productive agricultural regions on Earth, growing over half the country's fruits, vegetables, and nuts.[14]
That's right, if California was it's own country, it would have the fifth largest economy in the world. So how about this: They keep the money they make in their own State and use it there, and if they have any left over they can decide if they want to send any to all those red States that their taxes are used to support? :wave:
tulc(thinks that sounds fair)

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
uhmmm...that "aid" you want deducted from the cost? That came from California in the first place. been here:
Economy of California - Wikipedia

That's right, if California was it's own country, it would have the fifth largest economy in the world. So how about this: They keep the money they make in their own State and use it there, and if they have any left over they can decide if they want to send any to all those red States that their taxes are used to support? :wave:
tulc(thinks that sounds fair)
I think that's a great idea.

Let them be their own country with no more aid. In a few years everyone will leave Cal, many already have, and we will no longer have the stink of Cal on our nation.

Next we can do the same with Chicago. Isn't it strange that the homeless problem can be traced to decades of Dem policies.?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
uhmmm...I help house and feed a couple hundred homeless people in the shelter we have here in Chicago, men, women, children. We feed them, house them and help them get medical attention, we've helped hundreds get housed and trained to take care of themselves and raise families. Some day? When tensions aren't running so high, and in a thread about this, I'd love to explain how our shelters came about and started in the dining room of the building we all live in. any way, all that aside: yes I do and I have put "my money where my mouth is" and I've done so since the late 70's. :wave:
tulc(hopes that answers civilwarbuff's question) :)
Actually, it doesn't.....The point was since you seem to be so willing to take and use another persons property to house the homeless should you not set the example and use your own house first?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that's a great idea.

Let them be their own country with no more aid. In a few years everyone will leave Cal, many already have, and we will no longer have the stink of Cal on our nation.
I suspect it would be the republican States that would wonder why they suddenly have to pay for all those things they used to get for free from the government. :D

Next we can do the same with Chicago. Isn't it strange that the homeless problem can be traced to decades of Dem policies.?
You know what some Republicans tend to forget: Republicans abandoned the places where most Americans live. I guess the big cities don't fit the "That's not the AMERICA I remember!!" myths they like to pretend America used to be like. And in the real world, where 80+% of actual Americans live? Things are a little more complicated. :wave:
tulc(is just back from lunch with Mrs.tulc!) :clap:

Upvote 0