Gates wants the churches to never open their doors again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,815.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I think instead of relying on a system where users need to report such content, there needs to be more action taken to prevent it from being posted.
Absolutely. I have served as an moderator on four different science forums and while on each of them the mod team welcomed reports of rule breaking most of our interventions were proactive, based upon taking the time to read threads. Often it is the same individuals who are breaking the rules, yet they are apparently immune to criticism.

An effective approach. which is seemingly rejected here, is to name and shame. This not only eliminates or reduces offences from that individual, but very clearly defines what is unacceptable - far more effective than a generic, no flaming or goading warning, which people think could not possibly apply to them.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My apologies, but I'm not quite sure what you are tying to say here. Can you rephrase it a little more clearly?

sorry a bit rambly, I suspect that there will be heavier and heavier restrictions on churches till this is over, maybe even extended for a time beyond because there is this heavy push to have large gatherings and such. If any group but churches acted this way they would likley have their buisness licenses revoked and jailed, but we have churches acting as if they are above reality where many of the largest outbreaks have come from churches and religious organizations having meetings. I would love to see someone go through and tally up how many deaths have been from churches. a huge amount of south korea's outbreak came from there, I've heard other states have had large amount of their out breaks linked to churches.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.