Garrett Foster Brought His Gun to Austin Protests. Then He Was Shot Dead.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Still defending bad behavior?

No, I'm not defending bad behavior - but you certainly seem to be. You seem like you try to be a reasonable guy, so I'm pretty puzzled as to what or how your still missing the obvious facts here that I've pointed out multiple times. It's as if you've just ignored the second video that shows the driver's actions clearly. He drove into a crowd of people - however you want to spin things, the absolute most charitable way to describe his actions is reckless. He is the one who instigated things by threatening and endangering the lives of other people through his deliberate actions.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm not defending bad behavior - but you certainly seem to be. You seem like you try to be a reasonable guy, so I'm pretty puzzled as to what or how your still missing the obvious facts here that I've pointed out multiple times. It's as if you've just ignored the second video that shows the driver's actions clearly. He drove into a crowd of people - however you want to spin things, the absolute most charitable way to describe his actions is reckless. He is the one who instigated things by threatening and endangering the lives of other people through his deliberate actions.

The driver was in the road legally. The protesters have been blocking the roads illegally. The driver did nothing more than blow his horn. The crowd immediately started moving towards his car in an act of aggression. The guy earlier in the day called people $$$$$ and said they were afraid of him. He along with the crowd gets up really close to the car with an AK in his hands. His hand is around the grip and I'm sure his finger was on the trigger because the first shots were from a rifle from what was reported. The guy in the car shot him dead.

If they stayed out of the road and followed the law none of this would have happened. I see the protestors at fault. We've seen to many times on video protestors attacking people in cars. It's a safe bet that the car is going to win.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The driver was in the road legally.

No, he wasn't. He ran a red light and made a right on red without first yielding to other traffic or waiting for the intersection to clear. He made an illegal turn into a crowd of people.

The protesters have been blocking the roads illegally.

With the lights being the color they were when he entered the intersection, they had more right to be there than he did.

The driver did nothing more than blow his horn. The crowd immediately started moving towards his car in an act of aggression.

That's a lie. Did you watch the second video?

The guy earlier in the day called people $$$$$ and said they were afraid of him. He along with the crowd gets up really close to the car with an AK in his hands. His hand is around the grip and I'm sure his finger was on the trigger because the first shots were from a rifle from what was reported.

Another lie.

You've been given video evidence that you're wrong about the sequence of events. You've been given statements from police that show you're wrong about who opened fire. Your entire perception about this event is backwards and you refuse to acknowledge that information. You are the one defending bad behavior. You are the one spreading falsehoods. I don't know why; I don't know what your agenda is other than maybe you don't like the protesting. But if you want to find somebody defending bad behavior, look in the mirror.

If they stayed out of the road and followed the law none of this would have happened.

If the car had obeyed traffic laws, none of this would've happened, either.

I see the protestors at fault.

That's an easy mistake to make when you ignore all of the evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Skewpoint
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
His hand is around the grip and I'm sure his finger was on the trigger because the first shots were from a rifle from what was reported.

Why do you keep repeating this even if it is completely false ?

Two persons fired, the driver and the guy from the crowd shot at the retreating vehicle after Garret was shot.

Their identity is known and the police has interviewed both of them.

Where do you get this fixation that Garret shot ?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, he wasn't. He ran a red light and made a right on red without first yielding to other traffic or waiting for the intersection to clear. He made an illegal turn into a crowd of people.

With the lights being the color they were when he entered the intersection, they had more riht to be there than he did.

That's a lie. Did you watch the second video?

Another lie.

You've been given video evidence that you're wrong about the sequence of events. You've been given statements from police that show you're wrong about who opened fire. Your entire perception about this event is backwards and you refuse to acknowledge that information. You are the one defending bad behavior. You are the one spreading falsehoods. I don't know why; I don't know what your agenda is other than maybe you don't like the protesting. But if you want to find somebody defending bad behavior, look in the mirror.

If the car had obeyed traffic laws, none of this would've happened, either.

That's an easy mistake to make when you ignore all of the evidence to the contrary.

Sorry but I'm not backing the protestors. All I'm seeing is a bunch of lazy worthless people causing damage. Hopefully they eventually find something else to keep them busy.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry but I'm not backing the protestors. All I'm seeing is a bunch of lazy worthless people causing damage. Hopefully they eventually find something else to keep them busy.

I don't care if you back the protesters or not. That you don't like what they're doing doesn't justify the dishonesty of ignoring the evidence and making up things that didn't happen just so you can falsely accuse them.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you keep repeating this even if it is completely false ?

Two persons fired, the driver and the guy from the crowd shot at the retreating vehicle after Garret was shot.

Their identity is known and the police has interviewed both of them.

Where do you get this fixation that Garret shot ?

5 rounds then three rounds shot. I've yet to see confirmation that he didn't fire that AK. I did see the reports from witnesses that said that but no official police report. Has that changed? Surely the media doesn't lie.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't care if you back the protesters or not. That you don't like what they're doing doesn't justify the dishonesty of ignoring the evidence and making up things that didn't happen just so you can falsely accuse them.

I wasn't there. Just repeating the media.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
5 rounds then three rounds shot. I've yet to see confirmation that he didn't fire that AK. I did see the reports from witnesses that said that but no official police report. Has that changed? Surely the media doesn't lie.

Every article that's been posted in this thread has said that both the police and witnesses said that Foster didn't fire. The driver fired first and then somebody else in the crowd (not Foster) fired back.

What We Know About the Austin BLM Protest Shooting
Austin police investigating shooting death of protester

Here's the police chief giving a briefing on the shooting the day after it happened:

Both shooters were interviewed; neither was Foster.

I wasn't there. Just repeating the media.

What media?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Tim Pool ? The right wing YouTube commentator he mentioned earlier.

Pool's actually left-wing.

He's been called right-wing because he openly interviews anyone who makes themself available, which means he's interviewed people on both sides of the political spectrum. People who don't know this presume this means he's right-wing by association.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He's been called right-wing because he openly interviews anyone who makes themself available, which means he's interviewed people on both sides of the political spectrum. People who don't know this presume this means he's right-wing by association.

Interesting. Thx.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
False analogy alert!

Someone with a gun would not have good cause to be scared of others who were part of the same cause/protest/demonstration. But if you approach someone who is not part of your cause/protest/demonstration while carrying an assault weapon, you'd better take great care that you don't spook them in any way whatsoever.

Furthermore, from the article:

Austin’s police chief, Brian Manley, told reporters on Sunday that as the motorist turned, a crowd of protesters surrounded the vehicle, and some struck the car.

BLM protesters have a deserved reputation for attacking vehicles, including those belonging to law enforcement, and trying to intimidate and/or attack the occupants. I'm not really surprised that the driver panicked and felt the need to defend themself.

I really don't know why @SummerMadness draws attention to these kind of incidents. In my opinion they often involve BLM protestors behaving in a sub-optimal, confrontational manner prior to someone panicking and a tragic shooting occurring. And it was obvious BLM cared nothing for lives when they failed to pause for thought after multiple children had been shot dead as a result of all the chaos and lawlessness they are stirring up.

2 Corinthians 11:14, "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

The guy sped up towards the protestors, he was in no way innocent, they went up to him after he nearly ran them over.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are if the people who are blocking your path begin attacking you and try to smash your head in with a brick. That's what passes for "peaceful" these days in the MSM, but it doesn't pass the common sense test. So if you're attacked, make your escape. If the attackers choose to block your escape, that's their own fault.

GEE maybe driving into people angers them, you guys really will go out of your way to blame protestors and ignore reckless bahvior it's sickening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The driver himself said that Garrett never fired his weapon!

Hello?

EVEN THE DRIVER SAYS HE SHOT FIRST!

Link? Maybe he did. Maybe the whole thing is a hoax. Idk. We all only know what the media tells us.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every article that's been posted in this thread has said that both the police and witnesses said that Foster didn't fire. The driver fired first and then somebody else in the crowd (not Foster) fired back.

What We Know About the Austin BLM Protest Shooting
Austin police investigating shooting death of protester

Here's the police chief giving a briefing on the shooting the day after it happened:

Both shooters were interviewed; neither was Foster.

What media?

You are reading into this what you want the outcome to be. witnesses have told police “several different versions of the incident” and that detectives are reviewing the “precise actions” of everyone involved.

The driver and second shooter have been released pending investigation. There are no details from what I've seen. Where did this second shooter come from? Where is all the cell footage? You can see people in the crowd filming close to the car. You would think protestors would be bending over backwards to clear this guy's name.

To many times we all get out ahead of this stuff because of the media and believe what we want. Later on when the facts come out nobody even hears about it. Ie: the guy jaydon Hayden beat on just died, you know the black supremacist that beat up old white people. Not a peep from msm.

Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are reading into this what you want the outcome to be. witnesses have told police “several different versions of the incident” and that detectives are reviewing the “precise actions” of everyone involved.

The driver and second shooter have been released pending investigation. There are no details from what I've seen. Where did this second shooter come from? Where is all the cell footage? You can see people in the crowd filming close to the car. You would think protestors would be bending over backwards to clear this guy's name.

To many times we all get out ahead of this stuff because of the media and believe what we want.

Really? I'm the one reading into it the outcome I want? I'm the one posting video and statements by police. You're the one writing a bunch of made-up, fantastical nonsense. If "the driver and second shooter have been released", what does that mean about your repeated claims that Foster fired first and that you could clearly hear the sound of his AK? It means that he didn't shoot and that everything you said was garbage.

If you're going to argue a point, do us all a favor and take some time to read the relevant material before you do so.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? I'm the one reading into it the outcome I want? I'm the one posting video and statements by police. You're the one writing a bunch of made-up, fantastical nonsense. If "the driver and second shooter have been released", what does that mean about your repeated claims that Foster fired first and that you could clearly hear the sound of his AK? It means that he didn't shoot and that everything you said was garbage.

If you're going to argue a point, do us all a favor and take some time to read the relevant material before you do so.

I think the point was that neither of us know what happened. I have my view and you have yours. The news cycle will end and we will be lucky to know what happened. In the meantime people need to stay out of the road.

witnesses have told police “several different versions of the incident” and that detectives are reviewing the “precise actions” of everyone involved.

Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Link? Maybe he did. Maybe the whole thing is a hoax. Idk. We all only know what the media tells us.
“His account is that Mr. Foster pointed the weapon directly at him and he fired his handgun at Mr. Foster,” Manley said of the driver.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/27/garrett-foster-protest-shooting-austin/

The driver only claims that Foster pointed the gun at him - he never claims that Foster fired the weapon. And, considering that Foster was a military veteran with an AK-47 and the driver was at point blank range, that would make sense - if Foster fired his weapon first, the driver would most likely be dead, and he certainly wouldn't have had time to pull out his gun and retaliate.

Upvote 0