• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Garrett Foster Brought His Gun to Austin Protests. Then He Was Shot Dead.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by SummerMadness, Jul 26, 2020.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,577
    Catholic
    Garrett Foster Brought His Gun to Austin Protests. Then He Was Shot Dead.
    These cowards in cars need to be arrested, prosecuted and convicted, not encouraged.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+5,153
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Wow. The police union president engaging in such blatant victim blaming is disturbing.

3. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN CT Scans shows my dad's cancer is gone.

+4,039
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm not sure how much I'm caring about this. Find the person and hang him. But, We're in a COVID-19 pandemic. Does anyone have brains at all. Apparently not. Since people are doing everything in their power to pass it to everyone. So much for caring about peoples health.

4. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+3,509
    United States
    Christian
    Private
  5. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,167
    Atheist
    Private
    Sure, happens all the time [​IMG]

Here in the US we have this thing called the 2nd Amendment which gives citizens the right to own weapons.

6. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+19,540
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Yeah, normally I would've thought that a police union president would've been on the side of a white veteran exercising his right to open carry, but I guess protesting the police is enough to negate all that.

Is that a bad thing now?

7. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,616
    United States
    Married
    Yep! Here are some brave White Patriots shouting in the face of the Michigan State Police because they couldn't get haircuts or take their boats out.
    5969fca5-0205-428e-9821-78e50dc1f654-GTY_AFP_1QX44Z.jpg

Here are some more of the same Brave White Patriots in the Chamber watching Lawmakers to ensure they vote correctly. EW3ZxHRU8AcnTko.jpg

It sure is a good time to be an armed Brave White American Patriot.

8. disciple Clint

+3,509
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I would not suggest walking around with a long gun with tensions as high as they are right now. Why draw that kind of attention when a concealed gun will protect you if you need it.

9. disciple Clint

+3,509
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    totally disregarding that this was a peaceful demonstration, no looting, or burning, or assaults, or shots fired. That is not the case in the OP

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+2,719
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    “The presence of Mr. Foster’s weapon could play a key role in the case if the driver claims that he shot Mr. Foster out of fear for his life, a defense allowed under the so-called “stand your ground” law in the state.

end quote

Hard to imagine a nation where you can just shoot someone because you are scared.

So like in the pictures earlier what if an individual with assault rifle got scared about all the other guys with assault rifles and just shot them down ?

He would be within his rights ?

11. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+5,724
    Seeker
    It wasn’t? From what I can tell, this particular demonstration was peaceful until the incident in question happened.

12. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+19,540
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Yes, it was peaceful prior to the shooting. Here's the video. The shooting is at the very end:
    ImHiram - Hiram Live - Austin, TX

13. Jimmy D

Jimmy D Well-Known Member

+5,890
    Atheist
    Married
    I agree with your first sentence, but I think that this story demonstrates how much a gun can "protect" you.

14. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+11,635
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Cool, we agree on something...I think.

I don't think carrying visible weapons is ever appropriate for any kind of demonstration.

15. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,577
    Catholic
    When protesters for liberal causes have guns, then it is not a problem. Guns are only for the right kind of people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Ironhold

Ironhold Member

+1,430
    Mormon
    Single
    Actual news source from here in Texas:

Austin police investigating shooting death of protester

The minute the car began honking its horn, protesters surrounded it and started beating on it. That's when the deceased approached it with his rifle.

Given what happened in Provo, where shots were fired at a vehicle that inadvertently turned into a protest, the people in the vehicle could easily push for self-defense unless it can be proven that they were deliberately acting maliciously.

...And since they were the ones who called the cops first, that's going to be hard to prove.

In other words, this is one where we need to wait for additional information to come out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,202
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    False analogy alert!

Someone with a gun would not have good cause to be scared of others who were part of the same cause/protest/demonstration. But if you approach someone who is not part of your cause/protest/demonstration while carrying an assault weapon, you'd better take great care that you don't spook them in any way whatsoever.

Furthermore, from the article:

Austin’s police chief, Brian Manley, told reporters on Sunday that as the motorist turned, a crowd of protesters surrounded the vehicle, and some struck the car.

BLM protesters have a deserved reputation for attacking vehicles, including those belonging to law enforcement, and trying to intimidate and/or attack the occupants. I'm not really surprised that the driver panicked and felt the need to defend themself.

I really don't know why @SummerMadness draws attention to these kind of incidents. In my opinion they often involve BLM protestors behaving in a sub-optimal, confrontational manner prior to someone panicking and a tragic shooting occurring. And it was obvious BLM cared nothing for lives when they failed to pause for thought after multiple children had been shot dead as a result of all the chaos and lawlessness they are stirring up.

2 Corinthians 11:14, "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

18. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+2,719
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Who said the guy with the gun would be part of the same demonstration ? That was totally your own addition.

There can be different protestors in the same area.

Although even if he was part of the same demonstration and still felt scared for his life because he thought guys on his side would fire on police and there would be retaliation or some such.

You can have endless scenarios with this then who is to judge if the person really was afraid or just decided to murder someone ?

Insane law.

19. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber Supporter

+2,134
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  20. Arc F1

Arc F1 Let the righteous man arise from slumber Supporter

+2,134
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Did you notice that not one of them accidentally shot one, two or even three of their own.