The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Being an avid gardener for years, with the job I have in the summer, I see lots of gardens when I drive by and have noticed a startling increase in tomato patches that have all the leaves wilted or gone altogether. The cause can be a variety of fungal or bacterial problems that can be difficult to manage, especially when they get into the soil. I have fought this problem for years, until I found 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide. This stuff is like a miracle. It has saved my tomatoes from wilt, my green beans from rust, my green beans from some weird mold,the black leaf spot on our fruit trees, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
I also use it when I start cuttings in water, it provides oxygen and really promotes fast root growth. We also use it in the watering of sickly plants and trees.
Caution : Use gloves when pouring, it will eat your skin (experience talking). This is a dilution chart
To spray on sick or fungusy plants:
TO THIS AMOUNT OF WATER ADD THIS AMOUNT OF 3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE --OR-- ADD THIS AMOUNT OF 35% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
1 cup water = 1/4 teaspoon H2O2
1 pint = 1/2 teaspoon
1 quart = 1 teaspoon
1 gallon = 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon
5 gallons = 6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons

Note ; this is different from the peroxide in the medicine cabinet, that has other additives I wouldn't recommend putting on your plants.
Anyone else use this stuff?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Being an avid gardener ... ... Note ; this is different from the peroxide in the medicine cabinet, that has other additives I wouldn't recommend putting on your plants.
Anyone else use this stuff?

Yes, of course ! It is very helpful "unofficially" usually. (very inexpensive , very effective, for plants, and other purposes).
As
noted, use with some caution - or find food grade 3% to 10% if it's available, to avoid accidents from lack of experience.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was skeptical at first, but now I use it for all my plants, I did an experiment with starting new currant plants from cuttings just in water, one with H2O2 and the other plain water, the results were undeniable, twice as many roots in the same amount of time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was skeptical at first, but now I use it for all my plants, I did an experiment with starting new currant plants from cuttings just in water, one with H2O2 and the other plain water, the results were undeniable, twice as many roots in the same amount of time.
Can H202 be used with a powdered rooting hormone?

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I use both on tree and bush plantings, sprinkling the root booster on the roots themselves, then after i have the dirt all back in the hole, I water with H2O2 water. Seems to work pretty well so far.

• Useful
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd been trying to root out a Peace Lily plant and it'd been sitting in rooting water since... October? I think? After I read this info, I put clean water in with this peroxide and I just checked it yesterday and I finally have 2 new tiny white roots coming out! I got so excited, I took it out to show hubby! LOL!

Upvote 0