Logan City
✟755,152.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had a peculiar experience last night. I was on my way home from a Trivia night aimed at raising funds for a youth ministry, when I saw an owl sitting on the road almost outside our home.

I was concerned it might be injured, so after I parked my car I went to look for it. It was a bit difficult to see but I found it.

As I got closer I could see it was sitting on another dead bird, probably prey (it looked about the size of a dove). I managed to get within about six feet of it when it suddenly took off, and flew away taking the prey with it.

With hindsight, I think my headlights might have stunned it as originally it would have been in night vision mode. I remember the big eyes looking directly at me.

The owl's eyes reminded me of a fridge magnet we've got, with the face of the owl below and the words "I have eyes only for you". We got it from a place called Raptor Domain on Kangaroo Island a few years ago.

Meet our Birds

Ellie is a female Barking Owl that was aviary bred. She came to us from Western Australia as a chick.

Ellie has big beautiful yellow eyes and is the face of the ( I Only Have Eyes For You ) souvenir line, which can now be purchased from Raptor Domain's souvenir Shop.

Nellie_Barking_Owl_w.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hiep

Jan 17, 2020
watertown
✟104,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had a peculiar experience last night. I was on my way home from a Trivia night aimed at raising funds for a youth ministry, when I saw an owl sitting on the road almost outside our home.

I was concerned it might be injured, so after I parked my car I went to look for it. It was a bit difficult to see but I found it.

As I got closer I could see it was sitting on another dead bird, probably prey (it looked about the size of a dove). I managed to get within about six feet of it when it suddenly took off, and flew away taking the prey with it.

With hindsight, I think my headlights might have stunned it as originally it would have been in night vision mode. I remember the big eyes looking directly at me.

The owl's eyes reminded me of a fridge magnet we've got, with the face of the owl below and the words "I have eyes only for you". We got it from a place called Raptor Domain on Kangaroo Island a few years ago.

Meet our Birds

Nellie_Barking_Owl_w.jpg
wow

Upvote 0