The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@afishamongmany , we raised a rock pigeon blown out of a nest. We took a shot glass covered with a thin plastic, and a rubber band over the glass to imitate the mothers craw. They recommend parrot formula for feeding. Then poke a hole about the size of his bill and he will eat. We successfully raised him from the ugliest naked little baby you ever see. His name is Gabriel, will post a picture but it's a pain getting windows phone pics onto my mac.

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Humble, Good to hear that you're now in planting mode. Pace yourself.
I'm sorry to say the pigeon died. We were getting some food down it but it was probably not enough. Outwardly it seemed to be getting stronger, even walking about and making pecking movements. But one morning it was dead. We had it about a five days. :(
Maybe the next one I find I'll post over to you.
><>

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@afishamongmany, my wife said that would be fine, send it over the pond.
I did pacing yesterday, observing the sabbath, bible study and listening to some good preaching. Today it's raining again, but getting some inside honey-do list stuff done, all is well
God Bless and good gardening

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@*LILAC,
A snail goes to a used car lot to buy a car. The sales person asks, "What are you looking for in a car?"
The snail says, "I want a really fast car with big side doors so I can write a huge "S" on each door."
The salesman says, "That's a weird request, why?"
The snail says, "Because when I drive through town I want people to say, "Look at that S-Car-Go!"

He wasn't driving in a little car, was he?

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@*LILAC,
A snail goes to a used car lot to buy a car. The sales person asks, "What are you looking for in a car?"
The snail says, "I want a really fast car with big side doors so I can write a huge "S" on each door."
The salesman says, "That's a weird request, why?"
The snail says, "Because when I drive through town I want people to say, "Look at that S-Car-Go!"

He wasn't driving in a little car, was he?
His shell DID seem a little bigger than others I've seen! He musta gots an upgrade!! LOL!

Upvote 0

AnneY

Aug 19, 2015
Midwest
✟123,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't have a garden, but my parents have a large yard which basically one big garden. So whenever I visit them, I take too many pictures of whatever critters I come across.

One of a flock of birds enjoying the bounty of this bush:
birdi.jpg

The strangest garden visitor we had was this crab that had somehow ended up in a container filled with dirt that had been left out in the rain so was almost filled with water. We don't know how he got there, but was released unharmed.
crab1.jpg

And a more common visitor, the Tiger Moth:
moth2.jpg

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have a garden, but my parents have a large yard which basically one big garden. So whenever I visit them, I take too many pictures of whatever critters I come across.
Hi AnneY - Good pictures. Is this in Taiwan?
Go well
><>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

One of a flock of birds enjoying the bounty of this bush:
birdi.jpg

Is that a Taiwan Bulbul? :pray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found my lost bobcat photos.
Do they purr when you stroke them? :)

We have had a hedgehog coming into the garden most nights. Caught it on the night camera and fresh scat around in the morning.
garden 31-8-17b.JPG

This summer the butterflies and moths have been varied and abundant compared to the preceding 3/4 years. One day there where about twenty Peacock butterflies on the buddleias; The above is the Scarce Swallowtail.
He has made every thing beautiful in its time: also he has put eternity in men's hearts, so that no man can find out the work that God does from the beginning to the end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11
><>

Upvote 0