Garden bench happy place

Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1

And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Genesis 2

And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Genesis 3

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
Revelations 22

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.
Genesis 1

Hallelujah!!!
><>

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1

And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Genesis 2

And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
Genesis 3

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
Revelations 22

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.
Genesis 1

Hallelujah!!!
><>
Those give me some ideas. I have some plaques I wanted to prepare and put outside, and I was trying to think of suitable things to put on them. A few passages from Scripture about gardens and growing things should fit right in. (I think I'll skip the expulsion from Eden though, lol.)

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes having a garden ..... can make our body fit. Adding grass, potting plants and climbing plants on the fence can enhance our garden backyard. Recently I had renovated my home's backyard garden by installing colored paving stone
Vanessa S - welcome to CF and this sunny corner of the garden.
><>

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
its ok garden therapy makes people happy. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be a commercial..

Anastasia having scripture in the garden is a good idea. I have a plaque but its a plaque probably every christian has come across and puts near their front door.

It's Joshua 24:15

I just have 'Welcome' and 'Garden' on little sticks in pots. Also a plaque that says 'Nurture'

I had a visitor to my garden once and he saw the scripture plaque and then he said why don't you have any shakespeare quotes. (he's not a christian) I was like, does my garden need shakespeare quotes?
All I can think of that's shakespearean is 'the rain it raineth every day'

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I like all sorts of quotes ... from just words, to poetry, to inspirational quotes, literature, Scripture.

But Scripture is my favorite, and I wanted to include more.

When they put plaque blanks on sale at Michael's for a few cents each, I picked up a lot of them. I've just been waiting to decide what to put on them. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
its ok garden therapy makes people happy.
This guy is happy -
garden4-3c.JPG

In that day, says the LORD of hosts, shall you invite every man his neighbor under the vine and under the fig tree.
Zachariah 3:10
Or pine tree even. :)
><>

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cant wait till spring. I got my old Tiller fixed, and im ready to till the ground.
Hello W2L, What are you hoping to grow this year? Spring hasn't started with you yet?
It has here but too wet still to start messing with the earth.
><>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
garden17-4a.JPG

“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that he is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place."
Matthew 24:32-34
He which testifies these things says, "Surely I come quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Revelations 22:20,21

Reactions: Goodbook
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Nice!

My fig tree has leaves. No fruit this year I don't think. Maybe next year. It's still pretty small.

We have a nice old fig tree growing next to the fellowship hall at Church, and always pass by after the service going in for fellowship. It's covered with fruit, as usual. It's such a joy when it ripens and we can all pick and share figs when we go in. Nice little annual tradition. :)

Upvote 0