Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There are more secret voters for Trump this election that in '16.
Knowing people I'm guessing there's probably a large number who maybe don't like Trump personally and when answering polls they like to cause him pain and say they're against him....but when they get right down to it they'll conclude why they don't care for him they'll actually vote for him anyway....something deep within them will tell them it's really the best thing to do.

• Agree
Reactions: Charlie24
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,875.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A Record 56% of Americans Say They Are Better Off Today Than They Were Four Years Ago Under Obama-Biden

You can always bring out individuals and give their stories why it's not the case for them and perhaps not BUT if this is a true consensus of what people generally speaking are believing than Biden is in trouble.
There is compelling evidence that, in general, life is getting better regardless of who is in office. So the fact that 56 % of people see things as better now than 4 years ago has basically zero evidentiary value in supporting any argument that Donald Trump has played a role in this improvement.

And assuming that the always reliable Breitbart is even correct in asserting that this 56% is a "record" high, this has almost no implications re evaluating the competence of Mr. Trump - there could be a zillion reasons other than Mr. Trump's competence that could explain this.

Plus, subjective feelings of being "better off" seem notoriously unreliable to me.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Knowing people I'm guessing there's probably a large number who maybe don't like Trump personally and when answering polls they like to cause him pain and say they're against him....but when they get right down to it they'll conclude why they don't care for him they'll actually vote for him anyway....something deep within them will tell them it's really the best thing to do.

Wishful thinking, totally unsubstantiated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,875.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Prove it is only wishful.
It is the person who made the initial claim that really bears the burden of proof. So where is the evidence to support this claim?

There are more secret voters for Trump this election that in '16

...or this one:

Knowing people I'm guessing there's probably a large number who maybe don't like Trump personally and when answering polls they like to cause him pain and say they're against him....but when they get right down to it they'll conclude why they don't care for him they'll actually vote for him anyway....something deep within them will tell them it's really the best thing to do

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,875.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The burden of proof is on you, not me. You started the thread with a statement, then failed to support it with meaningful data.
Indeed. And a review of this entire forum will show that it is clearly those on the "right" who repeatedly try to play this game of shifting the burden of proof to others.

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Which means it has no proof!

:doh:So what? I never claimed I had proof. What did I say in my post?

"I'm guessing there's probably a large number who maybe don't like Trump personally and when answering polls they like to cause him pain and say they're against him....but when they get right down to it they'll conclude why they don't care for him they'll actually vote for him anyway....something deep within them will tell them it's really the best thing to do."

It's called giving an opinion take it or leave it. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Call it my gut feeling. :oldthumbsup:
..and my gut is telling me that both of our guts are full of.. er... uh.. something I can't say on this forum.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,875.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:doh:So what? I never claimed I had proof. What did I say in my post?

"I'm guessing there's probably a large number who maybe don't like Trump personally and when answering polls they like to cause him pain and say they're against him....but when they get right down to it they'll conclude why they don't care for him they'll actually vote for him anyway....something deep within them will tell them it's really the best thing to do."

It's called giving an opinion take it or leave it. :oldthumbsup:
Fair enough. I did not read carefully enough - this is indeed expressed as clear "guessing" so, yes, you are in no way obliged to offer evidence to support it. My bad.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The burden of proof is on you, not me. You started the thread with a statement, then failed to support it with meaningful data.

I didnt expect you to, but thought I'd give you a fair chance just the same.

I started the thread?

Prove it.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is the person who made the initial claim that really bears the burden of proof. So where is the evidence to support this claim?

There are more secret voters for Trump this election that in '16.

...or this one:

Knowing people I'm guessing there's probably a large number who maybe don't like Trump personally and when answering polls they like to cause him pain and say they're against him....but when they get right down to it they'll conclude why they don't care for him they'll actually vote for him anyway....something deep within them will tell them it's really the best thing to do

You'll have to ask them how they draw their conclusion, but one thing is for certian, and

There are more secret voters for Trump this election that in '16

...or this one:

We are talking speculation to begin with, my point...The speculator or those who disagree with them can't prove it one way or another until its over.

Burden of proof? This is not a court of law, and if one wants to use that as means to dismiss themselves from abswering, and giving their opinion on why the speculator was wrong, so be it. Or, they could simply explain their thoughts.

It's just not that complicated.

Upvote 0