Florida
✟16,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone. :wave:

Today, we read Galatians 3:1-14.

The pastor passed out a list of question to discuss in our small groups.

1. Are you in danger of forgetting that the gospel is the source of your ongoing acceptance? How, and why?

2. How do you "re-depict" Christ to yourself? Could you do this more?

3. Think a sin that you regularly commit. What are you worshiping more than Jesus that causes you to decide to disobey Him? How will you replace that false savior with your true Savior next time you're tempted?

4. How does having righteousness credited to us change the way we see ourselves? Our Christian lives? Jesus Christ?

5. Have you experienced, or witnessed others experiencing, the psychological "curse" of living by the law?

6. Which truth in Galatians 3:13-14 excites you most today?

May you help me answer these questions? Thank you. ^_^

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1. Are you in danger of forgetting that the gospel is the source of your ongoing acceptance? How, and why?
This is an inappropriate question. The Gospel brings you to Christ. Once you are in Christ and He is in you, you are eternally accepted by God. The "source" of your on-going acceptance is (1) the grace of God, and (2) the finished work of Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.
Once again, this is an inappropriate question. The Holy Spirit reproduces Christ in you by producing the "fruit of the Spirit" in your life (Gal 5:22-23): LOVE, JOY, PEACE, LONGSUFFERING, GENTLENESS, GOODNESS, FAITH, MEEKNESS, TEMPERANCE. That is the character of Christ, and "It is GOD WHICH WORKETH IN YOU both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Phil 2:13).
3. Think a sin that you regularly commit. What are you worshiping more than Jesus that causes you to decide to disobey Him? How will you replace that false savior with your true Savior next time you're tempted?
Once again WE HAVE A MOST INAPPROPRIATE QUESTION. THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS PREACHER. A sin is not a god whom you worship. Christians disobey God when they give in to their lusts.
Sins are not "false saviours". How should Christians avoid falling into sin? The answer is in Romans 12:1,2 -- present your bodies a LIVING SACRIFICE TO GOD.
4. How does having righteousness credited to us change the way we see ourselves? Our Christian lives? Jesus Christ?
God imputes (credits) Christ's righteousness to the sinner who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ and repents. Therefore God sees you as PERFECT. You must therefore see yourself as perfect in God's eyes. Does that mean that you cannot or will not sin? No. But is does mean that at the same time as God sees you as perfect, He keeps on cleansing you from unrighteousness, while you keep on examing yourself. Study 1 Jn 1:8-2:2.
5. Have you experienced, or witnessed others experiencing, the psychological "curse" of living by the law?
ONCE AGAIN WE HAVE A MOST INAPPROPRIATE QUESTION. Living by the Law of Moses is not "a psychological curse". It was a misunderstanding by the Jews as to what would make them righteous. They went about trying to "establish their own righteousness", but God says that "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags". Therefore He gives us (1) the perfect righteousness of God as a GIFT, and (2) He gives us the Holy Spirit as a GIFT to enable us to do works of righteousness.
(1) that Christ has redeemed you and (2) that you have received the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

I like this verse from chapter 3:

And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:29

Many today would have us believe that Abraham's children only live in Israel but not according to Paul. Abraham was given the sign of circumcision because he lived a life of faith and the real circumcision (a new heart or the new birth) is given to all those who accept Christ as their savior. Those with circumcised hearts make up the Israel of God. There was no separation in the early church and there is no separation today.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When one has received the Lord Jesus into one's heart and is devoted to Him, then they need to be settled in that reality and walk and talk with Him always. The relationship of salvation is then complete. Truly, one continues to need to learn to appreciate the Savior more, and learn of Him and His ways and promises, etc.; however, the relationship is a "seal" by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Then one can go on in happy communion with the Savior all their life here (Hebrews 6:1).

Upvote 0

Carmenere

Dec 23, 2014
Florida
✟16,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is an inappropriate question. The Gospel brings you to Christ. Once you are in Christ and He is in you, you are eternally accepted by God. The "source" of your on-going acceptance is (1) the grace of God, and (2) the finished work of Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.

Should have question 1 said, 'Are you in danger of forgetting Christ...' :confused:

Once again, this is an inappropriate question. The Holy Spirit reproduces Christ in you by producing the "fruit of the Spirit" in your life (Gal 5:22-23): LOVE, JOY, PEACE, LONGSUFFERING, GENTLENESS, GOODNESS, FAITH, MEEKNESS, TEMPERANCE. That is the character of Christ, and "It is GOD WHICH WORKETH IN YOU both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Phil 2:13).

Should have question 2 said, 'How does the bible describe Christ?'

Once again WE HAVE A MOST INAPPROPRIATE QUESTION. THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS PREACHER. A sin is not a god whom you worship. Christians disobey God when they give in to their lusts.
Sins are not "false saviours". How should Christians avoid falling into sin? The answer is in Romans 12:1,2 -- present your bodies a LIVING SACRIFICE TO GOD.

I'm assuming and agreeing that the question should have said, 'How should Christians avoid falling into sin?'

God imputes (credits) Christ's righteousness to the sinner who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ and repents. Therefore God sees you as PERFECT. You must therefore see yourself as perfect in God's eyes. Does that mean that you cannot or will not sin? No. But is does mean that at the same time as God sees you as perfect, He keeps on cleansing you from unrighteousness, while you keep on examing yourself. Study 1 Jn 1:8-2:2.

We have a winner! A question that isn't inappropriate. :p

ONCE AGAIN WE HAVE A MOST INAPPROPRIATE QUESTION. Living by the Law of Moses is not "a psychological curse". It was a misunderstanding by the Jews as to what would make them righteous. They went about trying to "establish their own righteousness", but God says that "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags". Therefore He gives us (1) the perfect righteousness of God as a GIFT, and (2) He gives us the Holy Spirit as a GIFT to enable us to do works of righteousness.
(1) that Christ has redeemed you and (2) that you have received the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Should have question 5 said, 'What problems happened with the Law of Moses?'

Thank you Job8 for helping me complete the questions. :) :groupray:

Upvote 0

Carmenere

Dec 23, 2014
Florida
✟16,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like this verse from chapter 3:

And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:29

Many today would have us believe that Abraham's children only live in Israel but not according to Paul. Abraham was given the sign of circumcision because he lived a life of faith and the real circumcision (a new heart or the new birth) is given to all those who accept Christ as their savior. Those with circumcised hearts make up the Israel of God. There was no separation in the early church and there is no separation today.

Thank you :)

I like Gal 3:11

"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith."

:D

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?

(Meaning, do you really need others' answers, or is the group regathering to share answers and you don't want to sound like you missed something.) ;-)
Make sure you don't respond to the pastor with, "Your questions were SO inappropriate."

These are the sorts of things teachers offer, to lead to introspective self-conviction. Instead of a preacher shouting, "Repent or you'll go to Hell!" they lead you to think more about your faith, and how you respond to God.

There are not meant to be right answers, but thought-provoked responses.

The "re-depict" question is odd... I can see why you are asking for input.

I think he is just trying to stimulate conversation and self-reflection, while providing people a focus.

Upvote 0

Carmenere

Dec 23, 2014
Florida
✟16,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?

(Meaning, do you really need others' answers, or is the group regathering to share answers and you don't want to sound like you missed something.) ;-)

I don't know if they go over the questions because last week I arrived 30 minutes late to the bible study. I should ask pastor to review the questions with me. I laughed when you said that because every time we get in our small groups I rarely have something to say because I don't know if I'm answering it correctly or not.

Make sure you don't respond to the pastor with, "Your questions were SO inappropriate."

I thought about it, but I decided to leave it alone.

There are not meant to be right answers, but thought-provoked responses.

Thank you! That's comforting.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I don't know if they go over the questions because last week I arrived 30 minutes late to the bible study.
Ha, there's a solution -- avoidance. The pastor wasn't trying to stress people out, but he was probably trying to do a reallyreally good job of provoking deep thought. He might have been a little nervous himself.

I liked this verse:

So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

..Because it reminds me of the debates people have on the forum. People try so hard to have the right methods, that they forget the Holy Spirit is a very large and powerful person of the Godhead, who hovered over the waters during creation.

He is God, the essence, the spirit-soul-breath of God. No right amount of methodology is going to move Him. Chanting, rebuking, taking authority, pleading, fasting, speaking in tongues, repeating for hours, shouting, holding snakes while dancing... there is no method that activates God. He is a Person who responds to personal conversation.

Galatians 3:11
Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH. However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, "HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM."

The Law is there to make life easier in the long run. People learn to treat each other fairly. The law was never what made us righteous in His eyes -- it was our desire to be close to God and hear His Words. Our faith that He had something important to say to us. Our trust in Him, and His love.

Great sig!
"Never ask anybody to respect you.
Respect is something you give to yourself... self respect.
Anybody who can give you respect, has the power to take
it away from you."

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello everyone. :wave:

Today, we read Galatians 3:1-14.

The pastor passed out a list of question to discuss in our small groups.

1. No, but I wouldn't say that my ongoing acceptance is limited to the gospel alone, I would say acts of worship (Which can be any time spent with God) anyways, worship to God...

2. As a man beaming with God's light, seated on a throne where God's light shines through him and he lights up the entire heavenly Jerusalem...

3. Every man or woman has weaknesses, flaws that make them sin, we do our best against sin, but we can't win them all.

4. Still working on that one myself, so...

5. By the psychological curse of the law, I'm guessing your meaning our tendency for us to make up rules for ourselves and then trying to live by them, performance based faith, conditional salvation?

6. That it so strongly points out that we are saved by Grace, through faith alone and not by works of law...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carmenere

Dec 23, 2014
Florida
✟16,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ha, there's a solution -- avoidance. The pastor wasn't trying to stress people out, but he was probably trying to do a reallyreally good job of provoking deep thought. He might have been a little nervous himself.

I liked this verse:

So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

..Because it reminds me of the debates people have on the forum. People try so hard to have the right methods, that they forget the Holy Spirit is a very large and powerful person of the Godhead, who hovered over the waters during creation.

Thank you for sharing. :) I arrived 15 minutes late and I thought before entering the room that pastor is reviewing the questions but he wasn't. He began 15 minutes after my arrival. He doesn't review the questions. You have to do one on one with him to get a review on the questions, which I did before going home. :clap:

He is God, the essence, the spirit-soul-breath of God. No right amount of methodology is going to move Him. Chanting, rebuking, taking authority, pleading, fasting, speaking in tongues, repeating for hours, shouting, holding snakes while dancing... there is no method that activates God. He is a Person who responds to personal conversation.

I like the last sentence. :amen:

Great sig!

Thank you! I learned it from a friend on Christian Forum. :)

Upvote 0

Carmenere

Dec 23, 2014
Florida
✟16,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. No, but I wouldn't say that my ongoing acceptance is limited to the gospel alone, I would say acts of worship (Which can be any time spent with God) anyways, worship to God...

2. As a man beaming with God's light, seated on a throne where God's light shines through him and he lights up the entire heavenly Jerusalem...

3. Every man or woman has weaknesses, flaws that make them sin, we do our best against sin, but we can't win them all.

4. Still working on that one myself, so...

5. By the psychological curse of the law, I'm guessing your meaning our tendency for us to make up rules for ourselves and then trying to live by them, performance based faith, conditional salvation?

6. That it so strongly points out that we are saved by Grace, through faith alone and not by works of law...

God Bless!

For answer 3, I like that you said, "we can't win them all."

For answer 4, I'm guessing you are in that season. I hear that term a lot at church.

For answer 5, that's correct. :thumbsup:

Thank you for answering and helping me. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
For answer 3, I like that you said, "we can't win them all."

For answer 4, I'm guessing you are in that season. I hear that term a lot at church.

For answer 5, that's correct. :thumbsup:

Thank you for answering and helping me. :)

Oh, well thank you for the conversation... Do you have any other questions?

About being "In that season" I'm still trying to learn what it means that we are the righteousness of God, and walk with my head held high without getting puffed up or arrogant, to say to myself "I am Christlike", and not get full of yourself is quite a feat...

How can we believe that we are anything good when the Bible so clearly point's out our flaws, and how will we act if we believe that "we" are "good"

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Carmenere

Dec 23, 2014
Florida
✟16,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, well thank you for the conversation... Do you have any other questions?

About being "In that season" I'm still trying to learn what it means that we are the righteousness of God, and walk with my head held high without getting puffed up or arrogant, to say to myself "I am Christlike", and not get full of yourself is quite a feat...

How can we believe that we are anything good when the Bible so clearly point's out our flaws, and how will we act if we believe that "we" are "good"

God Bless!

Hello :wave:,

I have more questions but on Galatians part 2 thread. I'm learning from Pastor, small group discussions, and some that contributed on this thread. :) I'm a young Christian.

Thank you.

Upvote 0