United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do you reconcile the two?

Read verse 18, if one is led by the Spirit, they won't do things contrary to the law (there is no law against doing the things when led by the Spirit.

Such as listed in 20-21 are contrary or against the law (not led by the Spirit)

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Read verse 18, if one is led by the Spirit, they won't do things contrary to the law (there is no law against doing the things when led by the Spirit.

Such as listed in 20-21 are contrary or against the law (not led by the Spirit)

So it means Christians probably sin less than unbelievers?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So it means Christians probably sin less than unbelievers?
Whether they sin more or less than unbelievers is irrelevant, the point is that they are led by the Holy Spirit. If you are led by the Holy Spirit then you are not held accountable to the dictates of the law.

Under the law you are condemned because of failure to meet the requirements. Under grace which means being led by the Holy Spirit, there is no condemnation.

One is slavery leading to death and the other is liberty from the law and leads to immortality!

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whether they sin more or less than unbelievers is irrelevant, the point is that they are led by the Holy Spirit. If you are led by the Holy Spirit then you are not held accountable to the dictates of the law.

Under the law you are condemned because of failure to meet the requirements. Under grace which means being led by the Holy Spirit, there is no condemnation.

One is slavery leading to death and the other is liberty from the law and leads to immortality!

What you probably mean to say is that if you are led by the Spirit then you are not held accountable for your SIN. Because the holy spirit will not guide you into breaking any of God's commandments.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Lets see verse 7 in the English Revised Version
(ERV) Why is this true? Because anyone whose thinking is controlled by their sinful self is against God. They refuse to obey God's law. And really they are not able to obey it.

So if Paul says that the carnal mind is disobedient to the law of God because he is being governed by the flesh, then wouldn't the spiritual man guided by the holy spirit automatically obey the law of God? The bible does say the law is spiritual and a carnal man is not subject to it. God died to free us from sin, to free us from the penalty of breaking the law, to free us from the death that comes through sin, not to free us from the law.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you reconcile the two?
In Galatians 5:21, we read that those who practice such things (sins) will not inherit the kingdom of God.

In 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, we see the same message and those who will not inherit the kingdom of God are described as the UNRIGHTEOUS in verse 9. In verse 11, we read - And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

In 1 John 3:9, we read - No one who is born of God practices sin..

So the two are reconciled. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What you probably mean to say is that if you are led by the Spirit then you are not held accountable for your SIN. Because the holy spirit will not guide you into breaking any of God's commandments.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Lets see verse 7 in the English Revised Version
(ERV) Why is this true? Because anyone whose thinking is controlled by their sinful self is against God. They refuse to obey God's law. And really they are not able to obey it.

So if Paul says that the carnal mind is disobedient to the law of God because he is being governed by the flesh, then wouldn't the spiritual man guided by the holy spirit automatically obey the law of God? The bible does say the law is spiritual and a carnal man is not subject to it. God died to free us from sin, to free us from the penalty of breaking the law, to free us from the death that comes through sin, not to free us from the law.
I interpret the scripture differently to you.

I have a different commandment set to you.

We are not under the law of Moses.

Gentiles are actually under grace and are led by the Holy Spirit.

Christians fulfill and surpass the law by loving others as Christ has loved us, which is the commandment He spoke to us.

1 John 3:23
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

Love does not steal, love does lie, love never covets, love does not murder, e.t.c.

God is love.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those verses have nothing to do with eternal security. Its written is it not that we all have sin. If we say we don't we device our self's and the truth is not in us. Did not Christ tell some "go and sin no more least a worst thing come on you"? The wages.. the price to sin = death in this world. How many peopled that die as a believer yet.. oops forgot to repent. Lost? Nope.. all saved.

My salvation is not based in some TIME BUBBLE realm. Knowing believing in Christ.. am I of this world? So I am not of this world.. is my salvation based on this world? No.. I can stand before the Father.. I do sit in heavenly places.. no time there. My salvation is not of this world. No sin enters heaven. Christ took away the sins of the world. Its knowing Christ that gets you in. As I read and understand it

Upvote 0