Ten Commandments begin in Eden - according to the Bible
- and "Baptist Confession of Faith"
- and "Westminster Confession of Faith"
- and D.L. Moody
- and many others.

So let's start with Gal 3:18
==============================================

Galatians 3
18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

What "inheritance"? -- Hebrews 11 - "New Jerusalem" heavenly Canaan.
False!!!! Gal 3 and Heb 11 are not making the same claim. You should explain Gal 3.
The inheritance in Gal 3 is "the gift of the Spirit" (Gal3:2) and becoming the children of God through faith in Jesus Christ.
Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Receive (inherit)
Gal 3:26 - For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
("inheritance" in Gal 3 is related to receiving the Holy Spirit (Gal 3:2), and also, the blessings of Abraham is being the children of God. NOT being residents of New Jerusalem (not discussed in Gal 3.))
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Your doctrine wont allow you to except, that when God said to Abraham: In 'thee' (thy seed) all the families of the earth shall be blessed. (Gen12)
#1.That statement above was "The Promise." (Gen 12)
#2. That statement alone is the gospel preached to Abraham.
#3. The promise was "God's duty to perform, without man's actions.
#4. The Promise became the Abrahamic Covenant (Gen17).
#5. The Abrahamic covenant is the everlasting covenant (Gen17).
#6. The law was not attached or the promise would be null (Gal3:17).
The believers in Galatia were being confused (bewitched) by the Jews, so Paul asked them;
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
The fact that Paul is saying; s"Did you receive (inherit) the Holy Spirit because of keeping the law or because you heard and believed in the gospel of Jesus Christ?"

Transgression was “Before” Sinai .

Gal 3:19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

It was added because of transgressions, (that were before Sinai) Gal 3:19
Where there is no Law neither is there transgression” Romans 4:15
Intentionality deceptive. SDA doctrine will not admit that Paul's answer to What's the purpose of the law? was, The law was added to "THE PROMISE" (Abrahamic Covenant) because of transgressions. What transgressions? Exodus 20 is the timestamp that proves when and why the law was added to the Abrahamic Covenant.

Law before Sinai - even if not written on stone.
It was a sin to “take God’s name in vain” even before Sinai –
It was a sin to murder before Sinai - Genesis 4
Gen 26:5 “Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.

Gal 3
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not!

God’s Law is “written on stone” at Sinai – because of transgressions – they needed the “visual aide” to remind them.

What about ceremonial law “it too was given at Sinai … but it ceased at the cross no matter if one believes in Christ or not”.

Another thing about the ceremonial law – they had animal sacrifices before Sinai… animal sacrifice was not started at Sinai.

15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.

What is the “promise” – what is “the Covenant confirmed before by God in Christ”? -- the NEW Covenant.

1. The Law written on the heart Jeremiah 31:31-33
2. Sins forgiven
3. Taught by God
4. Adopted into the family of God
which is the "one Gospel" of Gal 1:6-9 that was "preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8
Scam dialog ...... Of course "the transgressions" that caused the law to come, did come before the law was given at Sinai. The truth you wont tell is; According to Paul in this context, "The transgression" was of the people who were freed from slavery in Egypt and not before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ten Commandments begin in Eden - according to the Bible - and "Baptist Confession of Faith" and "Westminster Confession of Faith" and D.L. Moody and many others.

=================================================

Galatians 3
18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Heb 11
9 By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise; 10 for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. 15 And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

The Gospel/ The Covenant / The promise --

=============== why the law written on stone?

Gal 3:19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

Gen 26:5 “Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”

===========================================
Gal 3

God’s Law is “written on stone” at Sinai – because of transgressions – they needed the “visual aide” to remind them.

What about ceremonial law “it too was given at Sinai … but it ceased at the cross no matter if one believes in Christ or not”.

Another thing about the ceremonial law – they had animal sacrifices before Sinai… animal sacrifice was not started at Sinai.

15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.

What is the “promise” – what is “the Covenant confirmed before by God in Christ”? -- the NEW Covenant.

2. Sins forgiven
3. Taught by God

Thus it is "STILL" a sin to "take God's name in vain"
And so in Eph 6:2 the 5th commandment is the "first commandment WITH a promise" in that still-valid unit of TEN

No wonder in Mathew 19 Christ quotes from the TEN
No wonder in Romans 13 Paul quotes those same commandments from the unit of TEN
No wonder James 2 quotes from the unit of TEN
No wonder Romans 8 quotes from the unit of TEN

No wonder John says "this IS the Love of God that we KEEP His Commandments"
1 John 5:2-3

No wonder the "Saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12 according to John

No wonder all those Sunday groups listed in my signature line affirm all TEN as still applicable to all mankind - written on the heart under the New Covenant

hint. "Still a sin to take God's name in vain" even for you.

Hint "before faith came" not "before Christ came"
22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Rom 3
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Paul does not say "scripture USED to confine all under sin" as if the rule that defines sin -- scripture -- had been deleted.

Paul does not say "all the world USED to be guilty of sin" as if the rule that defines sin -- scripture -- had been deleted.

Paul does not say "every mouth USED to be stopped" as if the rule that defines sin -- scripture -- had been deleted.

Not one jot or one tittle Bob. How could you make such a statement. Nowhere does it tell us that just part of the law has ceased.

so then you have... or have not read Hebrews 10?? Hebrews 7??

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so then you have... or have not read Hebrews 10?? Hebrews 7??

The written Law ended when “The Seed” who it point men to had come as the Seed Of Abraham. When we are told that the Mosaic covenant was added to the Abrahamic Covenant we need a word study because added is not like addition this means the mosaic Covenant was placed alongside of the Abrahamic Covenant. To add them and make one out of them is not use the Law correctly and is sin. We are also told the covenant with Abraham is eternal but the Mosaic is not eternal the minute it was given the Mosaic Covenant was already counting down to its Seed coming, Jesus Christ.. with the end of the Written Law in the lives of believers who dwell in the kingdom with a new Great High Priest and ruled by the Royal Law of Love. Some people on this site do not understand what the Law of Love is. The Lord is the Lawgiver who descended on MountSinai and gave the written Law then when the Lord came in the flesh He ascended onto the unnamed Mount the Lawgiver gave what the spiritual kingdom He had established known as the Beatitudes. If you compare the Written Law and the Written Law it becomes obvious why men like to cling to the written and not the Law as revealed in the Beatitudes. Under the Royal Law if you get slapped turn the other cheek these are not popular teachings in the church. These are hard teachings. But that does not alter the fact they are what His people were called to live under not the written Law that ended in the Seed of Abrahan

• Winner
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The written Law ended when “The Seed” who it point men to had come as the Seed Of Abraham.

1. Not according to Paul in Rom 3:31 and Romans 7.
2. Not according to Christ in Mark 7:6-13 and Matthew 19
3. Not according to James in James 2.
4. Not according to Paul in Eph 6:1-2

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks -- I love to read Gal 3

And even pro-sunday scholars admit --
- and D.L. Moody
- and many others.

Galatians 3

Heb 11
9 By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise; 10 for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. 15 And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

Gen 26:5 “Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”

Gal 3

2. Sins forgiven
3. Taught by God

False!!!!

nope -- in fact it is true. read the texts in the post first.

Gal 3 and Heb 11 are not making the same claim. .

Correction... "the faith" in Gal 3 and Heb 11 is the same.

Heb 11

Hence Moses and Elijah stand WITH Christ in Matthew 17

the point remains

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Gal 3 and Heb 11 are not making the same claim. .
no text says "The Law was until Christ" not even Gal 3
no text says "the Ten Commandments were until Christ" not even Gal 3
no text says "The law ended at the Cross" not even Gal 3

Thus it is still a sin to "take God's name in vain"

What is more ...

1 Cor 6
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators,
nor idolaters,
nor adulterers,
nor effeminate,
nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves,
nor the covetous,
nor drunkards,
nor revilers,
nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Rom 3:31
31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Eph 6:2
2 Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise),

Hint: First Commandment with a promise - where ?

James 2
8 If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” (Lev 19:18) you are doing well.

Hint: What "Scripture" is James 2 quoting?

James 2
9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all. 11 For He who said,Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not commit murder.”

Who said "Do not commit adultery" -- and when?
Who said "Do not murder" -- and when?

Answer: it was God!

James 2
Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty.

Matthew 19
if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said,
You shall not commit murder; Ex 20
You shall not commit adultery; Ex 20
You shall not steal; Ex 20
You shall not bear false witness; Ex 20
19 Honor your father and mother; Ex 20
and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Lev 19:18

What Law is that?
What is Jesus quoting?

When asked 'Which ones?" from what does Jesus quote?

There is mass confusion in your presentation because SDA theology collides with these scriptures.

false. please choose fact instead of false accusation.

Galatian 3 clarifies that the promises to Abraham came 430yrs before the law was given. (SDA believe the law existed in heaven and was given to Adam)

Hint: That is the teaching of the Baptist Confession of Faith section 19
and the Westminster Confession of Faith section 19
and of D.L Moody's sermon on the TEN Commandments.

Did you think we are Baptists? Or are you just accusing us of agreeing with them??

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
YES, In the NEW COVENANT God did promise to write His laws on our heart. SDA believes that the ten commandments are the only law that God was talking about.

wrong.

We think it is the "moral law of God" as even the Baptist Confession of faith agrees -- that is written on the heart under the Jer 31:31-34 "New Covenant" and that this includes the TEN commandments as Paul points out in Eph 6:1-2 and as even the Westminster Confession of Faith sectn 19 fully agrees.

you keep saying "SDA" When apparently you mean "Westminster Confession of Faith sectn 19" --

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Pray then Read Gal 3 "The inheritance" spoken of in this context is the adoption into God's family through the seed Jesus Christ.

Which is part of the NEW Covenant that we find in Jer 31:31-34

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
have you gone home for the night? Still looking for your yelled WRONG

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The written Law ended when “The Seed” who it point men to had come as the Seed Of Abraham.

Makes the point that the lost are not saved except through the Gospel.

"The Gospel was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8
"There is only one Gospel" Gal 1:6-9

That moral LAW of God (that defines what sin is 1 John 3:4) is "written on the heart and mind" under the NEW Covenant Jer 31:31-34 and it includes the TEN commandments where "the first commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment Eph 6:1-2

Rom 3:31 "do we abolish the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we ESTABLISH the LAW of God"

1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It depends what you mean by law.
If you mean law as we all understand law to mean, that ended at the cross.

Do you have any scripture to support this? My bible says differently.

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks -- I love to read Gal 3

And even pro-sunday scholars admit --
- and D.L. Moody
- and many others.

Galatians 3

Heb 11

Gal 3

2. Sins forgiven
3. Taught by God
You are mixing up the two covenants found in Genesis.
Ga 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are mixing up the two covenants found in Genesis.
Ga 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

The one where "the first commandment with a promise" is the 5th commandment Eph 6:1-2 is the one that applies to Christians according to Paul.. that would be the New Covenant where the moral law of God known to Jeremiah and his readers is written on the heart and includes the 10. That Jer 31:31-34 covenant is "unchanged" in the NT according to Paul in Hebrews 8:6-12

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,379.00
Country
United States
Faith