Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The contradictory message commonly preached ...
What was the contradictory message? Be specific please.

... almost cost me my soul.
From this perspective, you are in far more danger than before, because of a hardness against the 4th commandment in its explicit words [Exodus 20:8-11 KJB].

... Thank God for deliverance.
Deliverance, from what?

... It still took years to be effectual.
As does atherosclerosis.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

From this perspective, you are in far more danger than before, because of a hardness against the 4th commandment in its explicit words [Exodus 20:8-11 KJB].

Deliverance, from what?

As does atherosclerosis.
Deliverance from organized religion and people like you.

As to your manipulative comment about being in danger because of disregard for the 4th commandment, I don't comprehend what you don't understand about the new covenant. You claim we're still obligated to the old covenant. It's impossible to be responsible for conflicting covenants. It's like yes or no. It can't be both.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Deliverance, from what?

As does atherosclerosis.
I think you're hopeless because you seem to be helpless.

• Agree
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You promoted Luther and his idea.
Not at all. I responded to 1stcenturylady's post, and posted a clarification on a citation from her about Luther-

Galatians 3:19

To which I then shared the clarification on what Luther actually said -

Please pay attention to my responses more closely. Thank you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Deliverance from organized religion ...
So you are part of the 'disorganized' religion [not a 'dig', I am just asking]? Please keep in mind, God is the God of order, and not of confusion:

1 Corinthians 14:40 KJB - Let all things be done decently and in order.

1 Corinthians 14:33 KJB - For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.​

There is a specific 'body', which is organized [member connected to member] for service on earth. It is not in isolated factions.

... and people like you. ...
I have understood from scripture [KJB] that Jesus Christ died for you, as He has for me. Each of us are most precious in His sight. I try to remain to the theological, by the grace of God, and where I personally fail, I pray you may recognize the value of the blood that was shed for you, as for me, and grant me grace and mercy. I don't hate you, or anyone here listed, but I do not understand you, or some others. We are at war though, in matters theological. I would rather not be at war with anyone, as it makes me sad and tired, but so long as this war continues on earth, I must take the stand where God has placed me.

We, as individuals, are given in the context of such "value" in the sight of God:

Matthew 10:31 KJB - Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Luke 12:7 KJB - But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.​

You are of value to God, to heaven, and even to me, least and last of all.

... As to your manipulative comment about being in danger because of disregard for the 4th commandment, I don't comprehend what you don't understand about the new covenant. ...
I understand listed. We presently see the New Covenant differently. The question is, "Why?" Ultimately, it is not the text. It is the human element. And moreso, it is the element of the heart.

Why would it be 'manipulative' upon my part, if I should see [from my theological perspective] a person in danger, and warn of that danger? You do not see that as love? I attempt, by the grace of God, to follow in the steps of Jesus Christ, my LORD and Saviour, to instruct, to warn, to rebuke [in "charity" [1 Corinthians 13]], to teach others in the way.

... You claim we're still obligated to the old covenant. ...
There is not a single response of mine that says that or intimates that. I have thoroughly promoted the New Covenant.

The difference between us is in the definitions we carry of the 'old' and 'new' covenants.

From what I understand of your theology, you teach that the Ten Commandments are the 'old covenant'. I do not so read that in scripture [KJB]. I have done a study on this from Genesis to Revelation.

... It's impossible to be responsible for conflicting covenants. It's like yes or no. It can't be both.
A Christian is under the New Covenant:

As stated here - GOD'S WORD vs TRADITIONS OF MEN; Sabbath vs Sunday

No person can be under both. It is an impossibility. It is either one or the other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not at all. I responded to 1stcenturylady's post, and posted a clarification on a citation from her about Luther-

To which I then shared the clarification on what Luther actually said -

Please pay attention to my responses more closely. Thank you.
Essentially I responded with an I don't care what Luther said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So you are part of the 'disorganized' religion [not a 'dig', I am just asking]? Please keep in mind, God is the God of order, and not of confusion:
No I'm not part of a disorganized religion either. You need me to follow some organized religion to find fault and argue.

• Agree
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Essentially I responded with an I don't care what Luther said.
If that is what you choose to believe, so be it, but know that what was said is still recorded here and above.

Have you read the History of the Reformation by J. H. Merle D'Aubigne? Powerful sacred history therein. Luther was mightily inspired of God [I did not say Luther was perfect in matters theological, for he also had a very stubborn streak, resisting other reformers who were more advanced in other doctrinal areas than he]. He speaks of faith in such mighty currents. I would recommend you [and all] read it, for as I read it, my own faith responded in like, resonating and was built up in Christ Jesus my Saviour.

If you do not have access to those books, I can also recommend a short summary of those events, cited therefrom in the following book, the Great Controversy, see Chapters 7-11 - https://egwwritings-a.akamaihd.net/pdf/en_GC.pdf

• Agree
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No I'm not part of a disorganized religion either. You need me to follow some organized religion to find fault and argue.
Can you explain the structure of the religion you are part of, as a member? In otherwords, is there a Council of elders and members of the whole church as representation of the local [such as found in Acts 2 & 15 KJB], and are there Elders, Deacons, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, and more such as miracles, gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversitites of tongues, in the [global &] local, ordered in a framework structure as identified in Scripture [KJB]? Is the membership of this body worldwide [global], all sharing in same doctrines taught by Christ Jesus? Does the body you are a part of have "the spirit of Prophecy" [prophets] as one of its gifts of the Holy Ghost still working in it, and if so, can you point to specific examples of this?

I can show you specific examples of the body I am part of, listed.

I do not "need" you to do anything, but what I desire [according to the scripture KJB] you to do is another thing altogether.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Can you explain the structure of the religion you are part of, as a member? In otherwords, is there a Council of elders and members of the whole church as representation of the local [such as found in Acts 2 & 15 KJB], and are there Elders, Deacons, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, and more such as miracles, gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversitites of tongues, in the [global &] local, ordered in a framework structure as identified in Scripture [KJB]? Is the membership of this body worldwide [global], all sharing in same doctrines taught by Christ Jesus? Does the body you are a part of have "the spirit of Prophecy" [prophets] as one of its gifts of the Holy Ghost still working in it, and if so, can you point to specific examples of this?

I do not "need" you to do anything, but what I desire [according to the scripture KJB] you to do is another thing altogether.
You do not listen very well. He said he does not attend church.

bugkiller

• Agree
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You do not listen very well. He said he does not attend church.

bugkiller
I do not see where Listed stated any such thing. If you could specifically point me to that explicit statement in this thread?

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I do not see where Listed stated any such thing. If you could specifically point me to that explicit statement in this thread?
What do you think organized religion is? I have never heard of disorganized religion. Can you explain that.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Why do you need to trap me in some group so badly? I think it's just to argue. I'm not part of any religious group any more. I don't attend religious activities.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.