Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Desolation of Smaug & Hunger Games

jubileeLEE

Sep 18, 2011
✟15,305.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I got a lot on my mind!:swoon:Too much to carry by myself. I must have input! So, please, input.:sorry:

First, I just watched the Hunger Games 2012. I avoided it because the premise did not interest me. I mean, I saw no evidence of super powers.:( I always get caught up analyzing the characters and themes. I was very uncomfortable about the idea that people could watch young kids fight to the death for sport. That they could be so comfortable with the knowledge that had everything whiles others struggled to eat. I knew it was a movie at the end when everyone who had just gone through this were so unaffected. All in all, I thought it was a sick movie.:sick:
I and my friend watching it thought the lead girl was very pretty. I liked the fact that she was not a stick figure, no offense to anyone, I hope. When Gal Gadot was announced as the star that would play Wonder Woman:scratch:, youtube was abuzz with outrage:noooo:, so that I only read the headers of most of the videos knowing I my ears would be filled with obscene language as soon as I clicked on play. I too, a HUGE Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter) fan felt cheated.:o I could not think of anyone who I thought would fit the part until I saw Jennifer Lawrence spin with the flames bursting at the bottom of her dress and then later with the crown. How, pray tell, how could you, Mr. Director, not see that and go - "That's Wonder Woman!!":flatt::doh1::tantrum:
She is perfect for the part. :happyblush:
Ahh, well.
I almost have nothing left for Smaug.
Peter Jackson should do nothing but fantasy. I would love to see him direct the Harry Potter remake (yeah right). I know but I could dream. I was disappointed in two things the shortened storyline given to Beorn, I would've rather saw it play out as in the books with him going out and killing the orcs. Then a shorter conversation with the dragon. I did not like how he left everyone in the mountain to go and attack the village. It made no sense. In the book he left in a rage because he could not find the dwarves and never actually saw Bilbo. Peter Jackson makes him less frightful by showing him outwitted and unsucessful in capturing the intruders right in front of him. He diminishes the upcoming battle in my mind.

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I got a lot on my mind!:swoon:Too much to carry by myself. I must have input! So, please, input.:sorry:

First, I just watched the Hunger Games 2012. I avoided it because the premise did not interest me. I mean, I saw no evidence of super powers.:( I always get caught up analyzing the characters and themes. I was very uncomfortable about the idea that people could watch young kids fight to the death for sport. That they could be so comfortable with the knowledge that had everything whiles others struggled to eat. I knew it was a movie at the end when everyone who had just gone through this were so unaffected. All in all, I thought it was a sick movie.:sick:
I and my friend watching it thought the lead girl was very pretty. I liked the fact that she was not a stick figure, no offense to anyone, I hope. When Gal Gadot was announced as the star that would play Wonder Woman:scratch:, youtube was abuzz with outrage:noooo:, so that I only read the headers of most of the videos knowing I my ears would be filled with obscene language as soon as I clicked on play. I too, a HUGE Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter) fan felt cheated.:o I could not think of anyone who I thought would fit the part until I saw Jennifer Lawrence spin with the flames bursting at the bottom of her dress and then later with the crown. How, pray tell, how could you, Mr. Director, not see that and go - "That's Wonder Woman!!":flatt::doh1::tantrum:
She is perfect for the part. :happyblush:
Ahh, well.
I almost have nothing left for Smaug.
Peter Jackson should do nothing but fantasy. I would love to see him direct the Harry Potter remake (yeah right). I know but I could dream. I was disappointed in two things the shortened storyline given to Beorn, I would've rather saw it play out as in the books with him going out and killing the orcs. Then a shorter conversation with the dragon. I did not like how he left everyone in the mountain to go and attack the village. It made no sense. In the book he left in a rage because he could not find the dwarves and never actually saw Bilbo. Peter Jackson makes him less frightful by showing him outwitted and unsucessful in capturing the intruders right in front of him. He diminishes the upcoming battle in my mind.

I agree that Gal Gadot may not be the best choice for the part. She is definitely attractive enough, but probably too slight looking for the role, although she has apparently had experience in the Israeli Defense Forces. So, she may be tougher than she appears.

Jennifer Lawrence might be a good choice. She convincingly pulled off a role that required archery skills. So she could probably handle the fighting sequences.

Upvote 0

Bananagator

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Nov 20, 2013
✟14,432.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Hunger Games is one of those books/movies where it's VERY easy to miss the message if you get caught in just what's on the surface. Since you just watched the first movie, I'm assuming you haven't seen the second one or read the books. Which is fine, I promise I'm not accusing you or anything lol but the themes of the series don't really come full circle until you finish all of them.
And though it does seem like everything's peachy at the end, the characters show clear signs of PTSD throughout the rest of the series. I don't know if that makes it better, but it's there :)

Hmmm, Jennifer Lawrence as Wonder Woman? I think she has the acting chops to pull it off. I don't know much about Wonder Woman, just that she's super strong and super tall and muscular lol. And I think that would ultimately be the problem: people won't be satisfied unless they get a 'true' Wonder Woman on the big screen. That's Gal Gadot's problem too: she's too dainty. But the chances of them finding an actual Amazon Woman to play the part are slim.

I haven't seen the Desolation of Smaug yet. I thought An Unexpected Journey was far too drawn out. The Hobbit isn't a very long book and I really don't like that they're splitting it into three. It just seems unnecessary.

Upvote 0

jubileeLEE

Sep 18, 2011
✟15,305.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
"Hmmm, Jennifer Lawrence as Wonder Woman? I think she has the acting chops to pull it off. I don't know much about Wonder Woman, just that she's super strong and super tall and muscular lol. And I think that would ultimately be the problem: people won't be satisfied unless they get a 'true' Wonder Woman on the big screen. That's Gal Gadot's problem too: she's too dainty. But the chances of them finding an actual Amazon Woman to play the part are slim."

Ok, this has been the most successful Wonder Woman character. They had a blonde one that was utter disaster. I think Lawrence comes as close to this as possible, has the charming smile and toughness. Carter was an athlete that did most of her own stunts.
watch

Upvote 0