Gal 6:17,18 Final Words

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Final Words

Gal 6:17,18 Finally, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen.

Paul had proven his allegiance to the message of the cross suffering as Christ did in bearing the reproach of his enemies, being stigmatized by them, and suffering physically for the sake of the ministry. In 2Cor he makes a similar comparison between himself and false apostles (probably also of the circumcision), by saying,

"Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I. Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches." 2Cor 11:22-28 Consider what you have suffered for Christ and what you are willing suffer.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources