Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am gaining weight not because I overeat, but because what I eat. I love my junk foods and my pizzas and my mountain dews. But I don't overeat. I eat three meals a day. I just don't eat vegetables or fruits. Is that wrong
Some obese people are malnourished as they ate carbohydrate rich foods lacking vital nutrients. A person may need a well balanced diet and exercise to reach optimum health. Bad dietary practices lead to heart disease, cancer, obesity and diabetes. This drives up the cost of health insurance.

The World Health Organization recently declared processed meats are carcinogens. Processed meats are meats like hotdogs, pepperoni, ham, bologna, salami, sausage etc.

Some people lack fiber in their diet. Oatmeal, whole grains and beans have fiber. People need vegetables, green leafy vegetables, cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, Brussels sprouts kale, collard greens, cabbage, cauliflower), fruits and whole grains. Onions and garlic have glutothione compounds that boost the immune system.

There are best selling books by doctors who specialized in nutrition study research that may help. I recall, "Eat to Live," by Joel Fuhrman and "How Not to Die," by Michael Greger. They are not perfect books, however many read them and improved their health. Perfection would require more reading and positive improvements in dietary practice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am gaining weight not because I overeat, but because what I eat. I love my junk foods and my pizzas and my mountain dews. But I don't overeat. I eat three meals a day. I just don't eat vegetables or fruits. Is that wrong
It's easy to eat those processed foods because they are made to taste so good. But it's really better to know what is in your food and then you control what goes into your body.

I would say, looking back that this lifestyle will eventually catch up with you and I would think now about whether you probably want to gain 5-10 lbs each year for the next 10 years or so.

For me, being overweight brings a lot of negative feelings, not only what and how others treat people, but if it affects how you feel about yourself, then I would really, really think about it. Because when things affect you, in your mind and what negative things you say to yourself, again in your mind. I think it can be very negative and depressing.

Don't do that to yourself if it will bring you pain. This is something you should think about and give some real thought, because it can be very negative and if you are not active, weight is very hard to loose in our computer oriented society, especially if you work 8 hours a day in front of the computer besides the hours of personal time on the computer, not moving.

I won't even go into the health or economic issues now.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's not a matter of right or wrong, but is it wise to do that, to subject yourself to the point where it manifests into something unfruitful and deadly? If you are inclined to binge like that, then its best to take the needed steps to examine yourself, why you are inclined to it, what changes need to be made, and execute them.

But that's up to you, whether or not you prepared the right mindset and heart to actually see that through. Its one thing to know its wrong, and another to willfully do it anyways. You're not alone, everyone struggles with it one way or another. You can overcome.
Some things are indeed right or wrong; and the world so often has a skewed view of this. Other things are more in the realm of practicalities and personal circumstances. Those who beat the drum about other people's supposed wrong behaviour when in fact it comes into the second category, are being manipulative.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Some things are indeed right or wrong; and the world so often has a skewed view of this. Other things are more in the realm of practicalities and personal circumstances. Those who beat the drum about other people's supposed wrong behaviour when in fact it comes into the second category, are being manipulative.

True. I just learn to be patient with them, because I'm sure some topics I am beating the drum, or had before properly discerning the subject. And it took sometimes someone else teaching me in love to come around.

All running the same race, ain't always cut and dry.

• Informative
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
True. I just learn to be patient with them, because I'm sure some topics I am beating the drum, or had before properly discerning the subject. And it took sometimes someone else teaching me in love to come around.

All running the same race, ain't always cut and dry.
Sounds like you have considerable experience in these kinds of controversies.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I can totally relate (though I don't want to go into details), daily vitamins can help, backing off the real sugar and using artificial sweeteners like splenda also helps. Back in the day I used real sugar in my coffee, but nowadays I actually prefer splenda (yellow packets) to real sugar. It also works well with cereals and even cakes when done right. Other steps you can take like draining grease from greasy foods will help too. Managed right, even "junk" foods can be less junky. If I could afford to live on Beef Jerky though, I probably would. lol

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I can totally relate (though I don't want to go into details), daily vitamins can help, backing off the real sugar and using artificial sweeteners like splenda also helps. Back in the day I used real sugar in my coffee, but nowadays I actually prefer splenda (yellow packets) to real sugar. It also works well with cereals and even cakes when done right. Other steps you can take like draining grease from greasy foods will help too. Managed right, even "junk" foods can be less junky. If I could afford to live on Beef Jerky though, I probably would. lol
Yes, detoxing is often required.
Daily drugs (medication) OFTEN causes unhealthy bloating, puffiness, and/or weight gain, and there are ways to take care of that.
Ingredients in many foods and drinks also, often cause weight gain, unhealthy.
Surprisingly, even air and water pollution can be a prime factor in/ of weight gain, and both air and water pollution are nationwide problems. (requiring detox)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow

That was very informative. Thank you for that information :)
I reread what you are wowing and appreciating. And I might have been inaccurate about a couple points >
Eyes and kidneys and nerves and blood vessels can suffer the most because of too much sugar in the blood. They can't regulate how much sugar gets into them when you overeat and keep it up. And then they over-burn sugar and make damaging waste which is too much to handle right.
I'm not sure the blood vessels are unable to regulate how much sugar gets into them. But they do get damaged by the chemicals from burning too much sugar . . . either in themselves or chemicals coming from other tissue. This is why diabetics adult-onset can have heart issues. Let me try to look up more about this, right now, on the Net >

I am reading something, right now, to check on this. Well, it looks like I might be right about the vessels; and it looks like there is more > too much sugar in the blood is called essentially glucose poisoning.

And someone with too high a level of blood sugar can have reduction of the function of white blood cells which are for capturing and destroying germs and sending out attack chemicals against germs; so the person with too much blood sugar is at greater risk of infection . . . including while involved with surgery!!

And it looks like I am less right about the blood vessels being at major risk > I mean, it looks like blood vessels are the most sensitive to glucose poisoning > damage to blood vessels in the heart is the number-one cause of death of diabetics. Also, we know how there are blood vessels in the brain, and yes brain damage is caused by diabetic sugar poisoning of brain vessels. It looks like a lot of sugar poisoning damage is the caboose of harm to blood vessels.

The eyes suffer much because of sugar poisoning . . . because of damage to blood vessels in the eyes, one source says. So, damage to sensitive tissue areas can be the caboose of damage to their vessels.

I personally eat mainly stuff which takes work to digest, so I'm not piling lot of sugar and fat into my body, all at once when I eat it.
Well, this might not be completely accurate, since . . . I think . . . fat does not get taken into the body as fast as sugar can be. However, a source says the fatty acids produced by fat digestion are a main source of energy along with sugar.

Also, it looks as though stress can help to cause a person to suffer sugar poisoning. So, we need to be careful what we are feeding on, emotionally and spiritually. Jesus gives us "rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:28-30).

But it looks like a lot of people really already know all this, somehow, but ones still abuse themselves and do not submit to how God would make us strong against stress. Why?

Possibly, ones are first interested in living the lives they want . . . not to constantly submit to God and how our Heavenly Father would "continually" guide us > Isaiah 58:11. And apart from God's constant guiding, we can not have the self control we need, even for our practical things.

And if our motive is merely to save our own lives and health . . . so we can do as we please . . . this won't work > John 12:25, Luke 9:23-24. We need to become first about pleasing God and doing whatsoever He pleases to do with us . . . all the time. Are we feeding on this???

Now, of course, there is a point to not worrying about this. Because stress is also a risk thing!! We need to put our confidence in the LORD, and know He is not trying to only guilt-trip us and shame us. We need to have compassion on those who have eating trouble, and people with eating problems need to have compassion on those who are looking down on them.

It is a problem to have too much to eat, but also it is a problem to feed on conceit and self-righteously criticizing others!

"He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness." (Hebrews 5:2)

This can help to make us strong in God's love where there is loving self control, and not only ego's panic and struggling > instead be snuggling with God in His love :)

Upvote 0