Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ought we exercising faith to only gain prosperity or are we exercising faith to heal the sick and win souls as well? What ought to be our priority according to scriptures?

Posts with Biblical verses for edification are welcome.
The Great Commission

16Then the eleven disciples left for Galilee, going to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him—but some of them doubted!

18Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations,b baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faith to heal.. "And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? .........And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

For me..its not my faith that heals anyone. I dont have to. HE did it.. HE paid the price..I have faith in that name...to which the Father is faithful to..everything Christ did and said.. was the Father and the Father is faithful to Christ.,

When I was young.. a woman ..well grand mother that prayed 4+ hours a day. Said..if you want to know who someone is taking about ...listen for me me me I I I...

NOT saying your doing this.. but this is not about personal gain in this world for me. I see so many spend what they had in Heaven here. As I see it. So.. I never do.. and.. its not me that leads anyone to Christ.. its the sweet sweet Holy Spirit. I cant save anyone.. I share what He has done in my life.. He died rose for the WORLDS sin.. Praise GOD GLORY TO JESUS!..

• Agree
Reactions: Si_monfaith
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟61,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ought we exercising faith to only gain prosperity or are we exercising faith to heal the sick and win souls as well? What ought to be our priority according to scriptures?

You are right to suggest priorities to our faith. I think that circumstances, the enemies we encounter, and the gifts we possess will arrange our focus. Souls should be first, but I have to say I have neglected that area and thank you for the reminder. While I also believe in prosperity, it seems to be of a lesser need than wisdom.

I try to put faith in action for holiness too though I rarely hear this taught and can't say it is always successful. Would love to hear others comments on any of these areas.

• Agree
Reactions: Si_monfaith
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What ought to be our priority according to scriptures?

Posts with Biblical verses for edification are welcome.
Why did God create us, and what is therefore His priority, according to scriptures?:

"Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." ~Isa 43:7

God has "shown" us His own priority/requirement, according to scriptures:

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" ~Mic 6:8

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

Why did God create us, and what is therefore His priority, according to scriptures?:

"Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." ~Isa 43:7

God has "shown" us His own priority/requirement, according to scriptures:

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" ~Mic 6:8
So what about winning souls and gaining prosperity?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Of course not. It's clear as a bell what i asked.

What is the problem, Si_monfaith?
That comes before glorifying God? That means what?

Where is that written in God's word? That refers to what?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Pardon me?

What you just posted makes no sense.
Your question: That comes before glorifying God? My question: What does "that" mean?

Your question: Where is that written in God's word? My question: What does "that" refer to?

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Your question: That comes before glorifying God? My question: What does "that" mean?

Your question: Where is that written in God's word? My question: What does "that" refer to?

This response remains confusing.

See post #8. It is crystal clear what i am asking you in that post.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟612,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Hi brinny... Many of our brother Simon's responses are confusing and is noticed by many on this forum along with other forums on CF also. He has hundreds of questions (Calvinist influenced) that he almost demands a response that ends up not being to his liking, so there are more than quite a few that are repetitively repeated. As usual, your posts along with others are a breath of fresh air. Thank You!
busy[1].gif

Word-of-Faith - Copy (3).gif

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi brinny... Many of our brother Simon's responses are confusing and is noticed by many on this forum along with other forums on CF also. He has hundreds of questions (Calvinist influenced) that he almost demands a response that ends up not being to his liking, so there are more than quite a few that are repetitively repeated. As usual, your posts along with others are a breath of fresh air. Thank You! View attachment 248222

Thank you hhodgson. God bless you :)

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

Isn't glorifying God through witnessing Christ's death & resurrection?

Upvote 0