• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

gahh, I'm starting to get nervous that I'll forced to get convid vaccine for work.

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by zxcv, Apr 7, 2021.

1. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+268
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I don't mind mind saying no, no matter what. But I'm just more afraid of my dad. He wouldn't understand. He thinks job is more important than anything. And of course my dad just thinks I'm one worrying too much because I don't want to take the vaccine.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+20,685
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I've heard some bad reports coming in about the AstraZeneca vaccine, but the others seem to be doing a good job.

Why would you say no to getting the vaccine?

-CryptoLutheran

3. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+268
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It's not fully tested, we don't know the long term effects yet, and I don't like the forced nature of it, or the idea of the vaccine passports.

The problem is there no real way any true info on it.
    It's either the media saying it's perfect, or Alex Jones conspiracy stuff..
    And for something with a 99.98 survival rate, I'm going play it safe and just with the Alex Jones conspiracy stuff side.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. ViaCrucis

+20,685
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Medically and scientifically speaking, how valid do you believe your concerns are? In other words, what does the peer review research and study, what do the relevant experts in their fields of expertise have to say--and do those opinions agree with the broad consensus of the medical and scientific establishment?

I'm not trying to be combative--I'm merely trying to help encourage you to reflect on your thoughts and feelings, and as to whether those thoughts and feelings are being informed by the best and most reliable sources out there.

-CryptoLutheran

5. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,690
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    The Astrazeneca vaccine risk is ridiculously small. The chance of a blood clot is 0.0004%.

Naturally the fact it can occur has to be announced, but then the same is true of Paracetamol, Advil etc.

Even the contraceptive pill is orders of magnitude riskier in terms of blood clots.

6. ViaCrucis

+20,685
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    So literally the one thing I've seen in the headlines lately about this is next to nil in actual worry? I should probably start taking my own advice.

-CryptoLutheran

7. High Fidelity

+8,690
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    The same is true of every medicine to an extent. How long should we wait to observe possible side effects or complications? 10 years? 50?

Covid is one of the worst health crises the West has faced in a century. Governments threw blank cheques at the pharmaceutical industry and academic institutions to find a solution, which many have, that have been independently verified by countless regulatory bodies around the world.

In addition, the vaccines are clearly working at reducing infection rates and deaths. The risk of hospitalisation for a vaccinated person in the most at-risk age group, 85+, is reduced by over 80%.

There really isn't much else to say. They're working as intended. Unless you can't have it out of medical necessity then there's really no reason not to have it, if not for yourself then for those around you that are immunocompromised etc and can't have it. themselves.

8. High Fidelity

+8,690
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    It's just standard protocol to have to announce these things because people need to be aware of side effects so they can make the decision on whether or not they want to take it (or any medicine).

The risk is negligible and the benefits far outweigh it.

Using the contraceptive pill as an example again, women taking the pill are up to 500% more likely to develop blood clots compared to women that don't take it. It can also increase the risk of breast cancer.

9. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+268
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It only seems that way because the media has been making a big deal out of it for the last year.

Is there a good way to find the real side effects of the J&J vaccine, that's the only one I MIGHT consider taking.

10. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,225
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    I'm against vaccine passports myself.

My folks got the Pfizer vaccine, and they're fine. My aunt got the Moderna vaccine, and she's fine. I plan on getting either one of these.

If I can give blood, I can get a vaccine. And I would honestly feel better about giving blood after having been vaccinated.

11. High Fidelity

+8,690
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    What only seems that way? Covid?

I can assure you it's horrendous. I've had it myself because of work. People have died, young and old, and it is seldom a peaceful or dignified end.

Do you work in a hospital?

12. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+268
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    How long ago did they get it?

13. Sketcher

+7,225
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    A few weeks ago, my aunt got hers closer to a month ago.

14. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke Well-Known Member Supporter

+739
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Here in the UK, it looks like medical ethics are probably being violated when giving COVID vaccines.
    1. The principle of informed consent is being violated, because people are being rushed through the process, so there is little to no time to explain any/all of the possible side effects before each person is injected, or discuss their medical history and assess the potential for complications.
    2. Some people who received the vaccine are reporting that they were only given a list of possible side effects after they were injected.

For those who want to know what the reported side effects are, I'm afraid it's a very long list. Of course those side effects that have only been recorded a few times can possibly be dismissed. However, some side effects have been recorded hundreds, or even thousands of times. I guess that's what you get for agreeing to be a UK government lab rat!

You can read the long list of reported side effects below:

Pfizer COVID vaccine side effects report 21 March 2021

Astra Zeneca COVID vaccine side effects report 21 March 2021

Furthermore, in terms of fatality reporting, there is a glaring double standard in the UK. Any death within 28 days of a positive COVID test is deemed a death from COVID, but the same is not applied to any death within 28 days of a COVID vaccination.

I don't trust the UK government, and I don't trust the vaccine manufacturers (who have been granted immunity from prosecution in the UK), so I'm going to trust my immune system on this, and wait a few years to see if the brown stuff hits the fan.

And before anyone starts about 'conspiracy theories', please note that the URLs above are to official UK Government documents.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. JustSomeBloke

+739
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Bear in mind that in the UK, elderly people have been prioritised for vaccination, so to date it is mostly only post-menopausal women who have been vaccinated. That means the documents I linked to in my previous post will not include many reports of side effects from women who menstruate. However, unofficial reports are now filtering through of significant impacts on women's menstrual cycle.

Women say they are having heavier and more painful PERIODS since getting their COVID-19 vaccines - as several claim it has also messed up their monthly cycle

I suppose only time will tell what this means, why it happens, how many women it affects, whether their bodies eventually revert to normal, and if there is any long term impact on fertility.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+268
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Well that was one of the things I was worried about. Long term effects.

17. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,439
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Withdrawn

18. Sketcher

+7,225
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    I'm honestly more concerned about the long-term effects of COVID itself than the vaccines.

19. JustSomeBloke

+739
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Below is an extract from a letter written to the European Medicines Agency by Doctors for COVID Ethics:

CSVT, cerebral venous thrombosis, is always a life-threatening condition that demands immediate medical attention. The number of cases you conceded had occurred can represent just the tip of a huge iceberg. As you must know, the most common symptoms of CSVT are piercing headache, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting. In severe cases, stroke-like symptoms occur including impairment of speech, vision and hearing, body numbness, weakness , decreased alertness and loss of motoric control.

Surely, you are not oblivious to the fact that countless individuals suffered from precisely such symptoms directly following “vaccinations” with all the experimental gene-based agents.

CSVT is a medical term for blood clotting in a location that prevents blood from draining from the brain. Those who like to cross check, may like to download each of the PDF files of side effects I posted links for in post #14. You will then discover that, for example, the number of people who reported 'Headache' after receiving the Astra Zeneca vaccine was 42226, and 10257 for the Pfizer vaccine. If you are inclined, you can cross check all the other symptoms of CSVT, and you'll find large numbers of reports for those too.

Given that young people rarely experience severe effects after becoming infected with COVID, it would seem to me that it is utterly reckless to attempt a 100% vaccination strategy with young people.

Only 388 people under 60 without underlying health conditions have died of coronavirus in hospitals across England. The figure is just 0.8 per cent of all Covid fatalities recorded in English hospitals between April 2 and December 23.

Doctors for COVID Ethics also state in their letter to the European Medicines Agency, that the vaccine roll out, as currently being performed, is a violation of the Nuremberg Code. This is similar to what I was previously saying about the lack of informed consent, and associated breach of medical ethics. However, they put it even more strongly, by highlighting that what is happening is a 'crime against humanity'.

Misleading populations into accepting investigational agents such as the gene-based COVID-19 “vaccines”, or coercing them through “vaccine passports”, constitutes clear and egregious violations of the Nuremberg Code. The Nuremberg Code mandates voluntary informed consent “without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit [or] duress”. Nuremberg Code - history - Office of NIH History and Stetten Museum

In other words, citizens have the right under the Nuremberg Code and related protections not to be subject involuntarily to medical experiments. It is clear that these experimental agents should be CONTRA-INDICATED in individuals not at elevated risk of serious illness & death if infected by SARS-CoV-2. Furthermore, the use of the experimental agents must also be withheld in the elderly population until a risk-benefit assessment has been properly conducted. In any event, the vaccine label must be revised to reflect the recently emerged serious adverse events addressed here.

We remind the EMA that Nuremberg violations constitute crimes against humanity under the Geneva Convention. Crimes against humanity are deemed “the worst atrocities known to mankind”, and are prosecuted under the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court. The Role of the International Criminal Court in Ending Impunity and Establishing the Rule of Law | United Nations

Given the hundreds of millions and eventually billions of people who may be coerced into accepting these agents, the EMA, in persistently shrinking from open debate and the truth, will be seen by lawyers and historians as having actively assisted in crimes against humanity, with the full weight of the implications to all involved. We demand thatyou engage openly with us to ensure that the public have an objective understanding of the clinical risk profile of these gene-based interventions.

You understand that coercive pressure is being placed on citizens to receive COVID-19 vaccines, which are experimental medical treatments. Your responsibility to those citizens includes ensuring that they are informed of the adverse event risks of every such treatment. To date you have failed to do so, and have instead misled the public on the reality of the “vaccines’” risk-benefit profile.

If you continue to conceal the truth, efforts will be made to bring this to light and to see that justice is done. For the sake of the injured and the dead, and to protect further lives from similar fates.

20. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+4,579
    Christian
    We're the little brother who left home and went on to become really successful while the older brother (the EU) did absolutely NOTHING and are just jealous and piping up.

Everything you've read is bunk.