FYI: Two weeks ago, another small portion of St. Paisios's prophecy was fulfilled

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry I'm behind on posting this. Wasn't sure anybody would care. But it certainly is important to me and a few of my friends.

First story from December 26, 2022:

"Amid rising tensions between Ankara and Athens, Greece plans to extend its territorial waters to 12 nautical miles to the south and west of the island of Crete in March, local media reported on Sunday."

Turkey won't allow Greece to extend their territorial waters. Several reports on this, but this is the latest one as of today:

St. Paisios has talked of this a few times back in the early 1990s. Regarding the expansion of the nautical miles by Greece:

"When you will hear on the TV the reference of the extension of the coastal zone from 6 to 12 miles, then the war will come after."

A pious woman my son has stayed in touch with from our church in PA said she believes WWIII is close and that it will start around Pascha. With the expansion of the nautical miles by Greece set for March, what she said seems it may happen. Lord, have mercy. It's incredible to see exact words from a Saint being reported via news reports as he said they would!

Reactions: truefiction1

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand. Elder Paisios seems pleased that the Turks will be destroyed and the Hagia Sophia will be returned to its rightful owners for the Divine Liturgy to take place again, yet earlier in the video, he states that all who take part in this war will be lost? Yet if other Orthodox, such as Russian troops, do not attack Turkey, this restoration of Hagia Sophia will not take place.

Confused am I!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand. Elder Paisios seems pleased that the Turks will be destroyed and the Hagia Sophia will be returned to its rightful owners for the Divine Liturgy to take place again, yet earlier in the video, he states that all who take part in this war will be lost? Yet if other Orthodox, such as Russian troops, do not attack Turkey, this restoration of Hagia Sophia will not take place.

Confused am I!
If you read and listen to a lot of St. Paisios's language/how he speaks, you'd understand more what his meanings are.

• Agree
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you read and listen to a lot of St. Paisios's language/how he speaks, you'd understand more what his meanings are.
First of all, remember that I am new to the Orthodox faith and the manner in which some of the saints and holy men speak. It would be nice if you would help me by explaining rather than scolding me (at least, that's how it came across to me.) Thank you.

Perhaps there is a good book on St. Paisios and his life, sayings, and prophecies that you could suggest for my reading?

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
First of all, remember that I am new to the Orthodox faith and the manner in which some of the saints and holy men speak. It would be nice if you would help me by explaining rather than scolding me (at least, that's how it came across to me.) Thank you.

Perhaps there is a good book on St. Paisios and his life, sayings, and prophecies that you could suggest for my reading?
So sorry! I absolutely wasn't trying to scold you. I was trying to help explain how St. Paisios's tones and how he speaks sometimes can come across certain ways. My son has his book, The Young Man, the Guru, and Elder Paisios (think that's what it's called), he has St. Paisios's life, and another book on his sayings. I have his Spiritual Awakening book. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not all prophecies come true. Think of Jonah's prophecy about Nineveh. Nineveh repented and the prophecy did not come true. And the people of Israel were supposed to enter the Promised Land during the life of Moses. But the Israelites sinned and God canceled the prophecy.

The Bible says: "7 If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, 8 and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I 9 And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, 10 and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it." (Jeremiah 18:7-10).

Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Also, as St. John the Russian said, there must be a war. Otherwise our children and the next generation of children will be in bondage to the evil one. And the antichrist will come sooner rather than later. Christ will intervene during this war to purge and push back the evils and darkness that is plaguing us globally right now. There is supposed to be a period of peace while Orthodoxy is spread fully to the whole world, and love and kindness toward each other grows for about 30-40 years after the war. This is important to me, and I do hope for this for my children's and those children afterward sakes.

Reactions: truefiction1
Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Also, as St. John the Russian said, there must be a war. Otherwise our children and the next generation of children will be in bondage to the evil one. And the antichrist will come sooner rather than later. Christ will intervene during this war to purge and push back the evils and darkness that is plaguing us globally right now. There is supposed to be a period of peace while Orthodoxy is spread fully to the whole world, and love and kindness toward each other grows for about 30-40 years after the war. This is important to me, and I do hope for this for my children's and those children afterward sakes.
You don't know what modern war is. This is when people's homes turn into piles of garbage. These are morgues filled with the dead. This is blood, which is so much that doctors do not have enough sheets to wipe it. These are torn off arms and legs not only in adults, but also in small children. It is better that such prophecies do not come true.

Last edited:
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
1674073917292.png
1674074001480.png
1674074799984.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You don't know what modern war is. This is when people's homes turn into piles of garbage. These are morgues filled with the dead. This is blood, which is so much that doctors do not have enough sheets to wipe it. These are torn off arms and legs not only in adults, but also in small children. It is better that such prophecies do not come true.
I'm not hoping for the war portion. I pray that God will lessen the war and death. I would never relish a war of any type. I'm anti-war. As I said, I pray the war will be less severe. I understand God purges his creation (people) throughout human history. It doesn't mean I'm looking forward to it. It means I accept whatever comes, whether I survive or not. So, please do not get the idea I am wanting this war. It's been prophecied by several Saints and Elders. Just sharing that so people are aware of it and can pray and repent and be more prepared. That's what I've been doing.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,053.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don’t see his prophecy taking place fully. Russia is not going after Turkey….
They are kinda busy elswhere at the moment, but you might see Ergodan taking this opportunity to try and take advantage of Russia's preoccupation...

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are kinda busy elswhere at the moment, but you might see Ergodan taking this opportunity to try and take advantage of Russia's preoccupation...
Erdogan is smart. Keep good relations with Russia, good relations with NATO, keep trading with both sides of the Ukraine-Russia conflict, and use your veto powers to get concessions from and punish Finland for burning Korans.

Turkey is not going to war with Russia. No way.

Upvote 0