• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

FYI: Article on St. John Cassian & Link to His: Conference 13

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Lukaris, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Lukaris

Lukaris Orthodox Christian Supporter

+810
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    While I know who St. John Cassian is, I know little of who he is. From what I am learning, it seems as if he could very well be the missing link between east & west since he helped link both areas of Orthodoxy in his lifetime (4th to 5th c.).

St. John Cassian's Orthodoxy on grace and free will became imbalanced in western Christianity.

Here is an intereting article on St. John Cassian by Fr. Stephen DeYoung from a site of which Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick is chief editor:

The Curious Case of St. John Cassian

The Curious Case of St. John Cassian | Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy

Here is a link to St. John Cassian's Conferece # 13:

CHURCH FATHERS: Conference 13 (John Cassian)

I probably will have little to say except that i think that western Christianity holds an exaggerated assumption in condemning free will in its subordination to grace since it virtually negates the role of the conscience which God has given us.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+10,051
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    very interesting articles