Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There needs to be a futurist eschatology forum.

Having been here for over a decade, I have not seen anyone change their minds in the mixed eschatology forum, but entrenchments with hard feelings. And is too combative as is because of the differences between groups is too large. If the differences were small there would not be a problem. But the gaps is too large.

There needs to be a futurist eschatology forum of its own - separate from the current mixed eschatology forum. With threads.

Tags are not the solution.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There needs to be a futurist eschatology forum.

Having been here for over a decade, I have not seen anyone change their minds in the mixed eschatology forum, but entrenchments with hard feelings. And is too combative as is because of the differences between groups is too large. If the differences were small there would not be a problem. But the gaps is too large.

There needs to be a futurist eschatology forum of its own - separate from the current mixed eschatology forum. With threads.

Tags are not the solution.
Yes, I have been here for years also. I agree since the tags and safehouse threads do not solve the problem.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The eschatology forum should be broken up into a Amil forum and a Pre-mil forum.

Or at least separate eschatology forums in addition to the current eschatology forum, which could be re-designated as General Eschatology.

General Eschatology Forum
Amil Eschatology Forum
Premi Eschatology Forum

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The eschatology forum should be broken up into a Amil forum and a Pre-mil forum.

Or at least separate eschatology forums in addition to the current eschatology forum, which could be re-designated as General Eschatology.

Amil Eschatology Forum
Premi Eschatology Forum

What I have found is a lot mean spirited people who even invade the safe house thread and start arguments. So, they would probably do the same with the forums.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What I have found is a lot mean spirited people who even invade the safe house thread and start arguments. So, they would probably do the same with the forums.
They probably would, might try a few times, but it would be easier to report for the moderators to remove their posts, and control the influx, imo.

The current open house policy in the current eschatology setup is not working, imo. It is taking up a lot of energy and distraction from what pre-mil especially want to focus on.

Some people just like to have combative discussions, it seems. Which is one reason I suggest renaming the current eschatology forum the General Eschatology forum. So they would have a place to duke it out. And not have an excuse or incentive to go into the newly created Amil and Premil eschatology forums.

Renaming the forum would be in keeping with its being a subdivision of the General Theology.

General Theology

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Amil Eschatology Forum
Premi Eschatology Forum
Might be helpful.

When there's been an overflow of particular posts in the past, the admins created subforums to to help the general area remain general in nature.

I'd suggest a subforum for rapture theorists as well.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wouldn't those same entrench folks clog this forum too? How could we stop them if it were created?

I would think it would have the same rules as most denominational forums in that one cannot argue against the belief in the specific timeline that the forum is there to support.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Might be helpful.

When there's been an overflow of particular posts in the past, the admins created subforums to to help the general area remain general in nature.

I'd suggest a subforum for rapture theorists as well.

It's not a bad idea, it's just a question of if the mods want to create a forum for every individual end-time belief structure, at least the more prevalent ones lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It should be noted that the Eschatology forum has the option to use Prefix Tags. One of those tags is "Futurist Only". These tags mean that the thread is only for people of that belief.

If there is a lot of interest and movement in the forum to warrant a specific sub-forum then we look at it. To be honest, we hesitate to add new forums now as we already have a LOT of forums, some of which go unused or overlooked now.

But, if the tags are used, and there is a lot of desire then we can look at it. But the best advise is to use the tags appropriately and it helps everyone gauge if there is enough interest in a safe house forum.

Upvote 0