Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Fusion Media Group Faces Potentially Steep Cost Cuts in Univision Rev…
Fusion Media Group Faces Potentially Steep Cost Cuts in Univision Review

The final amount of the budget cuts, which will also impact other parts of Univision, could still change as the consulting firm conducts a full review over the coming months, said people familiar with the process.

The cuts threaten to significantly reduce staffing at Fusion Media Group, which includes Gizmodo Media Group, comprised of the Root and most of the websites formerly owned by Gawker Media; a stake in the Onion; and the cable channel Fusion, the people said.

Who knew pushing racism and other extremist views wouldn't keep you afloat?

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What? Is there another article that mentions this? Because it isn't in the one you linked.

The Root is like the Daily Stormer for black people. They have gone so far as to declare Charles Barkley a white supremacist.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Root is like the Daily Stormer for black people. They have gone so far as to declare Charles Barkley a white supremacist.

Umm..sorry, let me rephrase. What evidence is there that it is these links to extremists groups that is motivating the budget cut? My understanding is Univision is facing a wide range of issues, some of them generic to the obsolete pay tv model, others more specific such as their currently losing battle for the Hispanic viewership with Telemundo. These cuts will also, as I understand it, affect the Onion.

I cannot find anyone except you that thinks racism is the reason.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Umm..sorry, let me rephrase. What evidence is there that it is these links to extremists groups that is motivating the budget cut? My understanding is Univision is facing a wide range of issues, some of them generic to the obsolete pay tv model, others more specific such as their currently losing battle for the Hispanic viewership with Telemundo. These cuts will also, as I understand it, affect the Onion.

I cannot find anyone except you that thinks racism is the reason.

People are voting with their wallets, so to speak.

The Root pushes black nationalism and black supremacy. Inconvenient facts and opposing narratives aren't allowed.

Gawker Media pushes smut, conspiracy, and an Orwellian form of political correctness all at once. It died for a reason, and needed to stay dead.

Fusion as a TV channel isn't bringing it.

There's simply nothing a mainstream, rational person would find interesting in either of these media outlets.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
People are voting with their wallets, so to speak.

Perhaps, not in the still unevidenced way you are claiming though.

Fusion as a TV channel isn't bringing it.

It broke even last year, which is actually pretty good going for their model.

There's simply nothing a mainstream, rational person would find interesting in either of these media outlets.

I've worked for and with multinationals for decades. Anyone like yourself and Rion that think these direct (alleged and unevidenced, in this case) "issues" are the reason for a budget cut are living in a fantasy world.

Univision bought Root in 2015. Unless you are seriously suggesting that all of a sudden, and directly under Univision's leadership, Root got worse in the last 3 years to the point it's umbrella company (also owned by Univision) gets a budget cut you are just wishing stuff were so in the absence of reality.

Upvote 0