New Zealand
✟8,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Before you laugh at the title (I know what you guys are thinking) I have a real problem concerning cat hair. As much as I love my cat, I don't love her fur which seems to find its way onto my clothing, furniture, bed etc. everything. Now I'm not the richest individual in the world, so expensive lint rolls and dryers are not in the equation. :doh:

Any ideas?

rayne82

Oct 26, 2011
✟7,716.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I would recommend purchasing a Furminator. They can be expensive, but check ebay to find a cheaper one. The Furminator brand is excellent, and worth the cost. I know exactly what you're going through with the fur! You probably will have to groom your cat every day with it for awhile, until the majority of the loose fur is gone, then depending on the length of its fur, once a week should be fine.

Also, if you have the extra money floating around (or save up), buy a really good hand held vaccum for the bedding and furniture.

Upvote 0

GloryBe!

Always learning.....
Jul 8, 2011
Arkansas
✟15,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have two cats. We occasionally use the sticky rolls, but some are of horrid quality and a COMPLETE waste of $. My vacuum has a handheld hose attachment that has a little beater brush that works great on furniture! Just takes a few minutes for the whole couch...

Glory be!

Upvote 0

PriscillaKing

PriscillaKing
Oct 28, 2011
Virginia
✟171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
(1) Dittos the damp rag idea. (2) Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum. (3) Good use for all those address labels and "seals" you get if you donate to certain charities! (4) Designate cat space as separate from cat-free space in (or, better, outside) your home. (5) While in cat space, brush/comb your cat daily. (Try different kinds of brush and comb--some cats have a preference.) Loose fur that comes out in the brush or comb won't come out on the rug and can actually be saved and spun into craft yarn.

Upvote 0