United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So this is strange...

I ordered two T-shirts from the online Disney store last week. One T had Webby Vanderquack on it and that one was for my daughter. The other T was for me and was supposed to be Donald Duck with the text, "Hey! What's the big idea!?".

I just opened the package that was delivered today. The Webby T-shirt was there, but instead of my Donald T, I got a long sleeve shirt that is 3 sizes too big and on the front it says, "The One who "calls" you is Faithful and He Will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24. On the back is an artistic crucifix, and the text, "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty... He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Pslam 91:1,4".

So now I'm going to call Disney and ask them "Hey! What's the big idea!?"

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Just curious if you had any guesses about who did this joke and how?

I called them up and it sounded like they have a third party who prints the shirts for them so they packaged the wrong shirt with my order. Makes sense. They said they would refund it and I can even keep the shirt.

No harm, but unfortunately, no fowl either.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
@awitch , I don't mean to hijack your thread, but hopefully by now it has served its original purpose.

Anyway, if that happened to me it would be difficult for me to accept that it was merely a mistake. I would suspect (a) somebody was playing a joke on me (such as some acquaintance who might have been involved in processing the order and recognized my name and new my interest in birds and religious opinions) or (b) some spiritual entity was sending me a message of some kind.

It's interesting how we react differently.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Seems pretty unlikely anyone I know and who knows me would do such a thing intentionally, even as a joke.

And while I thought it was pretty cool that of all the possible passages, it was one with a bird reference, I think any spiritual entity would know it would have been an annoyance since I really wanted that Donald shirt.

• Haha
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Seems pretty unlikely anyone I know and who knows me would do such a thing intentionally, even as a joke.

And while I thought it was pretty cool that of all the possible passages, it was one with a bird reference, I think any spiritual entity would know it would have been an annoyance since I really wanted that Donald shirt.

Yep, I think this example illustrates why I tend to fall into paranoia, magical thinking, and paranormal quackery (get it "quackery"? o.k. a bad joke).

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,452.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
@awitch , I don't mean to hijack your thread, but hopefully by now it has served its original purpose.

Anyway, if that happened to me it would be difficult for me to accept that it was merely a mistake. I would suspect (a) somebody was playing a joke on me (such as some acquaintance who might have been involved in processing the order and recognized my name and new my interest in birds and religious opinions) or (b) some spiritual entity was sending me a message of some kind.

It's interesting how we react differently.

(b)Three sizes too large?

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
(b)Three sizes too large?

Yep, I've been wondering about the meaning of that. Maybe God is telling @awitch that he needs to stop worrying so much about his weight. Life is too short. Have another piece of pie... IDK

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yep, I've been wondering about the meaning of that. Maybe God is telling @awitch that he needs to stop worrying so much about his weight. Life is too short. Have another piece of pie... IDK

I’m a size M and this shirt is at least a 2x.
My weight is fine but my diet could be better

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,452.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Yeah, but longsleeves?
:)

• Haha
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, but longsleeves?
:)
God wants @awitch to reach for bigger things? (Such as that extra piece of pie LOL)

If God is a mother hen protecting @awitch under His feathers, then it would be natural for Him to want @awitch to eat more and dress warmly ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,452.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
God wants @awitch to reach for bigger things? (Such as that extra piece of pie LOL)

If God is a mother hen protecting @awitch under His feathers, then it would be natural for Him to want @awitch to eat more and dress warmly ;)

Well, it worked out well in the end.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered some stuff for a repair I,m doing,
after two days I had recieved it.

So mailed them and thanked them for quick delivery and
asked how it should be paid, had not recieved an invoice.

They mailed me back and told me it is already paid.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
(b) some spiritual entity was sending me a message of some kind.

Yep, I think this example illustrates why I tend to fall into paranoia, magical thinking, and paranormal quackery (get it "quackery"? o.k. a bad joke).
That's okay; I was thinking along the same lines regarding
the shirt!

I see messages in all kinds of seemingly random things. It's why
I get such a kick out of synchronicity.

Even if is quackery, I can't "duck" the issue. HAH!! :D

-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Maybe a god was telling me that Donald Duck is my savior.
And all this time I thought it was Daffy...

• Haha
Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Would be funnier if the sent you a t-short with Donald Duck personally mixed in with religious imagery. Lol.
10.jpg

Upvote 0