Fun thread: meant for political pundits

Will the President be removed from office? (losing an election does not count)

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The put your money (so to speak) where your mouth is thread.

Vote in the poll - if you are incorrect, you must voluntarily leave CF for six months. No posting

The question is: how convinced are you the the President will be found guilty/innocent of any impeachment charges brought against him?

That the moment he is forced out of office, or an impeachment fails - your six months begins.

I'm really curious to see how strong ly people believe what they believe.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Vote in the poll - if you are incorrect, you must voluntarily leave CF for six months. No posting

The question is: how convinced are you the the President will be found guilty/innocent of any impeachment charges brought against him?

That the moment he is forced out of office, or an impeachment fails - your six months begins.

The president is not going to be removed from office. There will never be an impeachment vote in the House.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
If you comment without first voting, we know your beliefs are not strong enough to vote.
<chuckle> You don't even know what my 'belief' is. You just project the 'Fanboy' rhetoric onto everyone who isn't a Fanboy.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
No.

We're not that lucky.

I'm not convinced that a successful impeachment should be considered lucky. Mike Pence is every bit as nasty a piece of work as Trump is and he knows how the system works.

At this point in time it is best to concentrate on defeating Trump in the election.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The president is not going to be removed from office. There will never be an impeachment vote in the House.
And if there was, there are not the votes in the Senate to remove him.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not convinced that a successful impeachment should be considered lucky. Mike Pence is every bit as nasty a piece of work as Trump is and he knows how the system works.

At this point in time it is best to concentrate on defeating Trump in the election.
I agree the best course of action is to beat Trump at the ballot instead of feeding into his victimhood mentality and giving his base something to rally around in his defense. I'm not so sure that pence would really be as cad as Trump. He may be more effective policy-wise but at least he doesn't come across as a slimy self-promoting grifter.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,611.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

I do not find your terms acceptable.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And if there was, there are not the votes in the Senate to remove him.

I agree with you on that. But for the here and now, if the election were held tomorrow the Republicans could run soley on the Mueller report. Trump would have a field day with the "fake news" meme. The Democrats would be forced to continue to push their claims of obstruction right down the drain of a massive loss of seats in the House.

It is in the Democrats best interests to forget the Mueller report. Any attempt at impeachment would only keep it alive until the election.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I agree the best course of action is to beat Trump at the ballot instead of feeding into his victimhood mentality and giving his base something to rally around in his defense. I'm not so sure that pence would really be as cad as Trump. He may be more effective policy-wise but at least he doesn't come across as a slimy self-promoting grifter.
It isn't the slimy self-promoting grifter part that generates the major problem with the President. It is the 'us vs them' part that keeps the population fighting among themselves while the wealthy steal the nation's wealth and resources that is the problem. And Pence is as happy to move the nation closer to third world status as Trump is.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

I don't think that's true. As much as the left wants to say that Pence is worse than Trump. I don't think that's true. Yes, he's a hard liner, but he's also reasonable, and can be convinced of another point of view with evidence. That's so much better.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I don't think that's true. As much as the left wants to say that Pence is worse than Trump. I don't think that's true. Yes, he's a hard liner, but he's also reasonable, and can be convinced of another point of view with evidence. That's so much better.

I'm not sure I said that Pence is -worse- than Trump. My point was only that Pence would likely be more effective than Trump because he knows how to move things through the legislative process. For instance, had Pence been president from the beginning, the Affordable Care Act would likely have been rescinded and Americans would have no health care programs at all.

Pence knows better than to insult the people needed to get things done in Washington.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It isn't the slimy self-promoting grifter part that generates the major problem with the President. It is the 'us vs them' part that keeps the population fighting among themselves while the wealthy steal the nation's wealth and resources that is the problem. And Pence is as happy to move the nation closer to third world status as Trump is.
I'm not sure I agree that Pence is as divisive or as bad as Trump. Pence would have a hard time appealing to anyone other than the uber religious right while Trump satisfies a much broader group of Americans who would be largely turned off if they were stuck with Mike Pence.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure I agree that Pence is as divisive or as bad as Trump. Pence would have a hard time appealing to anyone other than the uber religious right while Trump satisfies a much broader group of Americans who would be largely turned off if they were stuck with Mike Pence.

Perhaps. But regardless, I think the best course of action is put up with Trump and vote both of them out of office next year.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps. But regardless, I think the best course of action is put up with Trump and vote both of them out of office next year.
Absolutely agreed! Nothing would send Trump a clearer message than the American people telling him he's fired.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'd be happy to contribute, in brotherhood, but you'd need a third choice: "I don't know." or even a 4th: "I don't think it matters at all." I think I'd vote the 4th between these.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status