( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Did you guys know Fukushima is still a thing?

Last month they recorded the highest radiation reading yet, the previous record was 73 sieverts an hour, yet in February 2017 they detected an "unimaginable" 650 sieverts an hour, enough to kill a human in seconds and so high that even the remotely controlled robot got fried.
Yesterday, a robot entered the #1 reactor and it couldn't find the melted fuel at the bottom, meaning that it may have pierced the vessel and melted through the earth already.
And they still haven't entered the worst-hit #3 reactor at all.

Meanwhile, 150 tons of groundwater per day are seeping into the basements and getting contaminated with radioactivity before going back to the environment and the sea. Every day.
Dying robots and failing hope: Fukushima clean-up falters six years after tsunami
Lethal radiation levels but no melted fuel found in Fukushima reactor water

• Informative
Reactions: redleghunter

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Last month they recorded the highest radiation reading yet, the previous record was 73 sieverts an hour, yet in February 2017 they detected an "unimaginable" 650 sieverts an hour, enough to kill a human in seconds and so high that even the remotely controlled robot got fried.
Yesterday, a robot entered the #1 reactor and it couldn't find the melted fuel at the bottom, meaning that it may have pierced the vessel and melted through the earth already.

Meanwhile, 150 tons of groundwater per day are seeping into the basements and getting contaminated with radioactivity before going back to the environment and the sea. Every day.
Dying robots and failing hope: Fukushima clean-up falters six years after tsunami

I mentioned a few times on various forums 'what's going on at Fukushima?' Silence. Only an American on one site (not here) who lives in Tokyo gave me updates now and then. Really an issue the Western MSM ignores.

Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I mentioned a few times on various forums 'what's going on at Fukushima?' Silence. Only an American on one site (not here) who lives in Tokyo gave me updates now and then. Really an issue the Western MSM ignores.
Western MSM thinks that Trump is a bigger threat LOL

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private

This is a good site to learn alot about what's going on there; they haven't given up reporting since 2011. If it continues without change, North America might be dying in a year or two.

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if Japan is going to cut the funding to their version of the EPA.
It's a national emergency which seems to be swept under the rug. Worse than our 3 mile Island (which you probably remember).

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

I specifically remember as a lurker on here people being ridiculed for saying the reactors were at meltdown (3/12/11 and on,) and that radiation spikes in the States were from Fukishima.

I saw a video of an expat with CLEAR radiation burns/pock marks on his face (day after) saying Japan and TEPCO were not saying anything. He even showed how on TV "Hello Kitty" was literally being played instead of news.

Fukishima began an extinction level event; we were already "dead" in 2011. The news is only coming out now because there is nothing that can be done to stop a "China Syndrome" - with several reactor cores.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
This is a good site to learn alot about what's going on there; they haven't given up reporting since 2011. If it continues without change, North America might be dying in a year or two.

Yep, Fukishima began an ELE chain reaction (no pun intended) six years ago. The affects of radiological transmutation and DNA denature has already started - and it is often associated with a sudden "epidemic" of a disease with "new," and/or more extreme symptoms. That is the cover story.

And, you are spot on that the US will die in less than two years. Likely, the world will go to war as a distraction right when the truth of Fukishima cannot be denied by layperson knee-jerk incredulity.

• Agree
Reactions: ananda
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It's a national emergency which seems to be swept under the rug. Worse than our 3 mile Island (which you probably remember).

Oh yes, that is why I love Hershey chocolate, you can find it with the lights out.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yep, Fukishima began an ELE chain reaction (no pun intended) six years ago. The affects of radiological transmutation and DNA denature has already started - and it is often associated with a sudden "epidemic" of a disease with "new," and/or more extreme symptoms. That is the cover story.

And, you are spot on that the US will die in less than two years. Likely, the world will go to war as a distraction right when the truth of Fukishima cannot be denied by layperson knee-jerk incredulity.

Are you saying that Fukishima is worse than all the atomic bombs we dropped all over the planet in the 1950s and 60s???

Obviously a core meltdown is bad but it is not the end of the world by any stretch. There are naturally occurring radioactive elements all over the world. Even a bunny rabbit has some amount of radiation. Obviously, Fukishima and meltdowns are more extreme but not to the point of one reactor going bad equating to the end of life on Earth...

If that were the case, then please explain how the planet is still here after all the atomic bombs the US, Britain, France, and Russia exploded during the 50s and 60s as if we were having a global 4th of July....

Sure, small local regions in the area will be affected, but overall we as a planet will be okay and will recover.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Are you saying that Fukishima is worse than all the atomic bombs we dropped all over the planet in the 1950s and 60s???

Obviously a core meltdown is bad but it is not the end of the world by any stretch. There are naturally occurring radioactive elements all over the world. Even a bunny rabbit has some amount of radiation. Obviously, Fukishima and meltdowns are more extreme but not to the point of one reactor going bad equating to the end of life on Earth...

If that were the case, then please explain how the planet is still here after all the atomic bombs the US, Britain, France, and Russia exploded during the 50s and 60s as if we were having a global 4th of July....

Sure, small local regions in the area will be affected, but overall we as a planet will be okay and will recover.
This might answer your question?

"some estimates suggest the Fukushima accident could be as much as one-thousand Hiroshimas"

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Nuclear bomb fission daughter particle generally decay into Iodine-131, which has a half-life of about 8-10 days.

When a nuclear reactor doesn't have enough carbon (or whatever) to absorb neutrons, a chain reaction occurs - and some of the daughter particles produces have half lives of up to 100,000+ years.

So, if you get irradiated from breathing a mole of radionucleotides, for example, those particles will not stop emitting radiation until it decays into some other radionucleotide.

Obviously a core meltdown is bad but it is not the end of the world by any stretch.

It is an ELE, because the radionucleotides released were in massive amount's - leaked into air, soil and water. And, many of these particles emit radiation much longer than human's have existed on this planet. That means it can irradiated entire ecosystems - and has done so.

There are naturally occurring radioactive elements all over the world.
Naturally occuring radioactive particles are in such small activity, in such small density that the radioactive effects are negligible. Again, we are talking about magnitudes of radiation, not treating radiation as the bogeyman itself. You are exposed to radiation every day; the cross section, activity and amont of particles are important in determining radioactive strength in emission

Even a bunny rabbit has some amount of radiation.

The type, quantity, activity, decay rates and particle matter in radioactive analysis. If we are talking about C-14, for example, we can actually calculate the amount of radiation emitted in that rabit. In fact, I can show the mathematics/physics of how much radiation a bunny is exposed to from its own isotopic chemistry, as well as what it takes to produce the radiation at fukishima (if wanted.) It is nowhere near the same. The radiation emitted from Fukishima can kill a human in a matter of minutes - you won't live. We aren't talking about ambient radiation like x-rays or gamma rays (although those are certain radiation emitted,) we are talking about beta particles (elec/positrons,) alpha particles (helium nuclei,) neutrinos and neutrons being emitted. Usually a piece of paper, or shirt can block the first two from counting on your skin, since they are massive.

Obviously, Fukishima and meltdowns are more extreme but not to the point of one reactor going bad equating to the end of life on Earth...

Yes it is. There is NOTHING to stop the core from continuing. And, the radioactive particles or energy emitted also transmutates other matter. This is not an alarmist issue; this is a real extinction level event.

Because Iodine 131 has a very short halflife, and the majority of daughter particles also have relatively short halflives. The contamination comes from nuclear/MOX waste, and other distillates used to make the bomb.

The entire planet has been affected already. You are just being told it is something else, because if you knew Fukishima was causing a current ELE - if ANYONE knew, then TEPCO, and Japan would be in serious global trouble from the people. They are already being disciplined for their sloppiness; the Asian government shake-ups aren't just because of the times, or egregious behavior. We are watching the contingency plans being enacted as we breathe - because we are categorically not part of those plans.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

"some estimates suggest the Fukushima accident could be as much as one-thousand Hiroshimas"

When Fukishima happened, I was on the West Coast when the radiation was rained down on California, Oregon and Washington (and other high altitude regions). A weather system developed over the Sendai area right about the time Reactor 1 went boom, and reactor 3 (or four, forgot) went "NUCLEAR BOOM" signalling a meltdown. I knew it was a meltdown from the nuclear physics I had in undergrad, and a few weeks later TEPCO hinted at meltdown without using the words.

Then, they said it was a partial meltdown.

Then, they told us the robots were malfunctioning entering the area - with the radius of malfunction increasing.

Then, they asked for human suicide volunteers to try to stop the other reactors from melting down because the robots couldn't even reach the reactor.

This was all back in 2011. Now, those reactor cores have had six years to go full "doom." And, as said before new ailments and increasing incidents of it are being perpetuated and augmented by the constant emission of radiation for six years.

Humans just have long lifetimes, so it seems ridiculous to equate certain instances of sickness with Fukishima and radioactive meltdown because 3 mile island, and Chernobyl happened - "and, everything is good."

Except, it isnt. Those incidents in Russia and the States were serious events that sti affect us, but nowhere near the scale of two, possibly four reactors with cores melting down. This is incredibly serious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
@dgiharris, it seems you are referring to Strontium and cesium irradiation when referencing nuclear bomb danger, and danger over generations. They do have much longer half lives (~30 years,) and for this reason they are incredibly dangerous - especially strontium that gets in the bones, and cesium that gets into the lungs.

That danger is still incomparable to the radiation emitted by Fukishima. Fukishima IS far worse than the 2000+ nuclear bombs that have been dropped between '45 and '00 - a lot worse.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
That report is overblown. Those record measurements are because they now have devices that can measure that high. These measurements were taken inside the pedestal. The values for these measurements were expected. Here is a source: No, radiation levels at Fukushima Daiichi are not rising

For those worried about Pacific ocean contamination, here's Thunderf00t (mild profanity warning):

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

...When a nuclear reactor doesn't have enough carbon (or whatever) to absorb neutrons, a chain reaction occurs - and some of the daughter particles produces have half lives of up to 100,000+ years......

@dgiharris, it seems you are referring to Strontium and cesium irradiation when referencing nuclear bomb danger, and danger over generations. They do have much longer half lives (~30 years,) and for this reason they are incredibly dangerous - especially strontium that gets in the bones, and cesium that gets into the lungs.

That danger is still incomparable to the radiation emitted by Fukishima. Fukishima IS far worse than the 2000+ nuclear bombs that have been dropped between '45 and '00 - a lot worse.

thanks for the great posts guys. I shouldn't have been so lazy and should have done my own research prior to posting. I know on an intuitive level there is a difference and that it is bad, but I also know on an intuitive level that the Earth is a strong mother.

From the article there was this comment "
  • The amount released into the atmosphere from the explosion during the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear plant was 800 to 1000 times the Hiroshima levels. Put simply, these estimates place Fukushima on par with Chernobyl…
Despite Chernobyl, despite the bombs dropped like fireworks throughout the 50s till now... the planet is more or less okay which is why I'm not so worried about Fukishima. Not to say it isn't bad or that the region won't experience problems... It will. But I'm not worried that life on Earth will end.

Basically, please explain why the Earth didn't end with Chernobyl... Not only that, but Europe did not degenerate into a radioactive wasteland with mutated half monsters running around. Similarly, Japanese aren't dying off in obvious numbers years later... Again, not saying there aren't going to be consequences, but I think it is a bit overblown to think life on Earth is going to end.

If that were the case, then we should have hard death data from Japan right now backing that up and near as I can tell we don't. If the Earth were really in danger than Japan as the epicenter should have lost like 20%, 40% or more of its population correct? Deadly levels of radiation exposure are very immediate with its impact. Also, we have the 1/r^2 law which also helps to protect us. So again, based on all of that is why on an intuitive level I'm not overly worried about Fukishima.

But I do apologize for not doing my own homework before ranting and I appreciate the link to the article and your carefully thought out responses.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
thanks for the great posts guys. I shouldn't have been so lazy and should have done my own research prior to posting. I know on an intuitive level there is a difference and that it is bad, but I also know on an intuitive level that the Earth is a strong mother.

• The amount released into the atmosphere from the explosion during the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear plant was 800 to 1000 times the Hiroshima levels. Put simply, these estimates place Fukushima on par with Chernobyl…
Despite Chernobyl, despite the bombs dropped like fireworks throughout the 50s till now... the planet is more or less okay which is why I'm not so worried about Fukishima. Not to say it isn't bad or that the region won't experience problems... It will. But I'm not worried that life on Earth will end.

Basically, please explain why the Earth didn't end with Chernobyl... Not only that, but Europe did not degenerate into a radioactive wasteland with mutated half monsters running around. Similarly, Japanese aren't dying off in obvious numbers years later... Again, not saying there aren't going to be consequences, but I think it is a bit overblown to think life on Earth is going to end.

If that were the case, then we should have hard death data from Japan right now backing that up and near as I can tell we don't. If the Earth were really in danger than Japan as the epicenter should have lost like 20%, 40% or more of its population correct? Deadly levels of radiation exposure are very immediate with its impact. Also, we have the 1/r^2 law which also helps to protect us. So again, based on all of that is why on an intuitive level I'm not overly worried about Fukishima.

But I do apologize for not doing my own homework before ranting and I appreciate the link to the article and your carefully thought out responses.

This is how honest debates happen - even similarly how I had to refine my answer because you were technically right in your rationale.

So, my faith icon says "other faith," but Christ is my Savior who died without having to, being 100% righteous - as a sacrifice for us so that we could have life. He is resurrected to life even to this day, sitting at the right hand of God.

Having said that, if your ego isn't too large to prevent you from admitting a minor overlook in details, then maybe in general you aren't worried because you know, as a Baptist, that God has it in the end: for you, me, and everyone else. So, at the end of the day the trajectories of our lives are given to Him in trust anyway.

I still don't think that that would make you ignorant, or that you are ignorant at all. Perhaps you are just not as alarmed as me, or others. So, I would say I don't mean to be alarmist about Fukishima even though I think it is dire. I am just trying to give some real perspective.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

Thanks for being honest. The earth is a strong mother, which is why there are theistic scientists who are critics of AGW, for example. The mechanisms that correct the changes on earth equilibrium are powerful. But, radiation is "another mother," because it can transmutate elements (natural "alchemy") in a matter of hours, sometimes seconds. And, those transmutations generally emit radiation. Radiation is very close to the idea of stranglets, except they don't turn matter into "mush," they transmutate them into radioactive isotopes.

That's fine.

This is valid; Fukishima had at least one full meltdown of a nuclear reactor. Even Chernobyl wasn't a "consensus" on its meltdown status; it was partial. TEPCO at least acknowledged one full meltdown. It was the reactor that exploded like a nuclear bomb (#3 or 4) as opposed to the one that exploded horizontally. The one that exploded like a nuclear bomb did that because it WAS a nuclear chain reaction gone uncontrolled. It was nuclear. This happened on 3-11-11, and then a weather system developed over the area, and rained the radiation particles over the West Coast (I was there, measured my irradiated body, and decontaminated my clothes.) That was two days after reactor 3 or 4 blew up like a hydrogen bomb.

So, it is real. It is extremely dire. It is doom.

If that were the case, then we should have hard death data from Japan right now backing that up and near as I can tell we don't. If the Earth were really in danger than Japan as the epicenter should have lost like 20%, 40% or more of its population correct?

No. You would see it in "lower" creation like vegetables and other animals - thing that hwve short lifespans. But human generations are long, and it take a generation or two to really show the full effects of radiation mutation. The radiation drops off by a exponential factor (you are correct on that) which is why there IS a "no cross zone" near the area. Long term radiation takes a while to show up beyond belief. Acute radiation is the type that kills you quickly - the epicenter of one of the meltdown points.

Deadly levels of radiation exposure are very immediate with its impact.

You may be thinking of nukes - vomiting, fallout, pock marks, etc. That is acute radiation. The radiation from Fukishima is the type to affect hundreds of thousands of generations. And, these are particles that you must CHELATE in order to get rid of - or you are walking radiation.

Also, we have the 1/r^2 law which also helps to protect us. So again, based on all of that is why on an intuitive level I'm not overly worried about Fukishima.

Yes you are partly right; the intensity of radiation drops off according to many factors. I wouldn't NOT worry, but as I said you may have a different perspective of calm.

Upvote 0