Some where over the rainbow.
Visit site
✟513.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
SqueakyGerbil said:
I loved the anime but had problems getting the manga where I live so haven't kept up with it.

It is a wonderful storyline though :)

That's too bad I've read up to the 5th book (I need to get the next one).

Upvote 0

Tempest Gale

May 29, 2005
Some where over the rainbow.
Visit site
✟513.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
staugustine68 said:
Fruits Basket is what go me into Manga. I thought about collecting the series on DVD, I rented vol 1 and didn't live up to the manga. Just rent only for me.

Is the dvd really all that different to the manga? Do they change the story line at all or are you sitting there like I've already seen this the whole time?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SqueakyGerbil

Aug 6, 2003
British Columbia
Visit site
✟15,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-NDP
Tempest Gale said:
Is the dvd really all that different to the manga? Do they change the story line at all or are you sitting there like I've already seen this the whole time?

It's like the difference between the fullmetal alchemist anime to the fullmetal alchemist manga. The anime was done way before the manga was close to finished (well neither manga is finished as I write this to my knowledge) so there are similarities in the beginning but as the manga progresses it doesn't take long to get beyond the small bit covered in the anime.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

skatepixie

Veteran
Jan 21, 2005
California
✟9,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ive only read the manga...but its about this family that is cursed and they all turn into their Zodiac animals when they are weak or hugged by a member of the opposite sex who isnt family. Tohru is a girl who meets them and starts living with them.

Upvote 0
A

Aaya

selune said:
manga by far, but the anime did a pretty good job with getting the character's personalities developed. One of my favorite scenes involves Tohru's friends visiting her at the Sohma house. Priceless.
Yeah that was ;) I'm not to sure which scene I would call my favorite, mabey the fighting scenes (I kinda wish they had more but Kio and Yuki Kun don't fight anymore o_O).

Upvote 0