Do you believe this virus is God's Work, man's work, the fall, or all three?

• God's Work

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Man's work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Result of the fall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A bit of all three

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fruit in Turbulence - Covid-19 Coronavirus Stories

During a time when people are obviously focused on the devastation of this virus and their fear surrounding the virus, I would like for
this board to be a respus from all of that and instead focus on the good fruit that you see God bringing out of this situation.

How do you see people interacting? How do you see people changing? What do you see people doing for each other? Where do you see people's priorities changing? How do you see love and care being shown?

How has this situation changed you personally for the good?

Share your personal stories, stories you have seen on the news, stories you have heard from other people, etc. to encourage other individuals regarding the good fruit coming out of this situation.

Thank you for leaving this place a space of encouragement.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Virus is the work of Satan

Read Jobs Story

The good fruit is that more people will turn to learn more about Jesus

there are no atheists in a fox hole as the military says during a time of war

• Optimistic
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Virus is the work of Satan

Read Jobs Story

The good fruit is that more people will turn to learn more about Jesus

there are no atheists in a fox hole as the military says during a time of war
There was a provision given on this thread to vote your opinion on this issue. I did that specifically because I did not want this thread to become a place of debate over that. Your response is not in line with what this thread is about, please refrain from this kind of response.

This Thread is for the purpose of sharing stories about the good things that God is bringing out of this turbulent situation, if you have nothing like that to contribute please contribute nothing at all.

Yes, if more people turn to Jesus during this turbulent time that is a great thing, a Godly thing, of course we all as Christians want that. However, this thread is not about debating the source or reason for the virus.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

During a time when people are obviously focused on the devastation of this virus and their fear surrounding the virus, I would like for
this board to be a respus from all of that and instead focus on the good fruit that you see God bringing out of this situation.

How do you see people interacting? How do you see people changing? What do you see people doing for each other? Where do you see people's priorities changing? How do you see love and care being shown?

Share your personal stories, stories you have seen on the news, stories you have heard from other people, etc. to encourage other individuals regarding the good fruit coming out of this situation.

Good questions!

I met a neighbor (well, a fellow tenant) for the first time and he showed me his motorcycle he's rebuilding. Then a neighbor came out of his house and my landlord and his son drove up and all five of us stood around talking for over an hour. In the rain no less! So I think one beneficial result of this is that people are beginning to appreciate each other and face-to-face interactions more, which was something we took for granted before.

I am encouraged also by the smooth transition the Church at large has made from meeting in person every week to going to online streaming. At my own church, we've been streaming the service, children's Sunday school and adult Sunday school. Even the older folks seem to have made the transition easily, which was a surprise to me. I suppose they of all people appreciate the ability to still interact with others despite having to protect themselves even more than the rest of us.

I think most people by and large have been very respectful of others' potential health conditions and age. Stores having special hours for senior citizens as one example, and even just the fact that many younger people have diligently confined themselves to their homes, despite knowing they probably aren't going to die from it if they did catch it. So perhaps this will give younger generations a little more respect for older people as far as realizing the challenges they live with sometimes.

My sister worked with an after school club, but obviously can't do that any longer. So she has been doing Bible trivia videos for the kids. Also, she created a series of videos based on her puppy/dog. I think in general, the internet has once again become a place for quality creativity and others-focused entertainment, whereas in more recent years it has felt mostly dumb and self-centered.

As for myself, I'm grateful to still have a job since I can work from home. I appreciate our employers trying their best to keep us employed in the midst of our shut-down. They promised a bonus when we return and for those who have to be there in person, they are allowing one or two people on the company's grounds at a time as long as they don't interact.

Also, back in November a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to work with him on his farm, and I really struggled with that because we were just beginning our busy season at my main workplace and I would have to get up super early in the morning. However, after praying about it, I felt God clearly telling me to say yes to him. So I did. Well, obviously, I am very grateful for that extra income now, AND the ability to see my best friend every morning! I would surely go mad otherwise... The coronavirus wasn't even on the radar back in November, but I know God saw it coming and I do believe He was looking out for me. So thank you, Lord!

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good questions!

I met a neighbor (well, a fellow tenant) for the first time and he showed me his motorcycle he's rebuilding. Then a neighbor came out of his house and my landlord and his son drove up and all five of us stood around talking for over an hour. In the rain no less! So I think one beneficial result of this is that people are beginning to appreciate each other and face-to-face interactions more, which was something we took for granted before.

I am encouraged also by the smooth transition the Church at large has made from meeting in person every week to going to online streaming. At my own church, we've been streaming the service, children's Sunday school and adult Sunday school. Even the older folks seem to have made the transition easily, which was a surprise to me. I suppose they of all people appreciate the ability to still interact with others despite having to protect themselves even more than the rest of us.

I think most people by and large have been very respectful of others' potential health conditions and age. Stores having special hours for senior citizens as one example, and even just the fact that many younger people have diligently confined themselves to their homes, despite knowing they probably aren't going to die from it if they did catch it. So perhaps this will give younger generations a little more respect for older people as far as realizing the challenges they live with sometimes.

My sister worked with an after school club, but obviously can't do that any longer. So she has been doing Bible trivia videos for the kids. Also, she created a series of videos based on her puppy/dog. I think in general, the internet has once again become a place for quality creativity and others-focused entertainment, whereas in more recent years it has felt mostly dumb and self-centered.

As for myself, I'm grateful to still have a job since I can work from home. I appreciate our employers trying their best to keep us employed in the midst of our shut-down. They promised a bonus when we return and for those who have to be there in person, they are allowing one or two people on the company's grounds at a time as long as they don't interact.

Also, back in November a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to work with him on his farm, and I really struggled with that because we were just beginning our busy season at my main workplace and I would have to get up super early in the morning. However, after praying about it, I felt God clearly telling me to say yes to him. So I did. Well, obviously, I am very grateful for that extra income now, AND the ability to see my best friend every morning! I would surely go mad otherwise... The coronavirus wasn't even on the radar back in November, but I know God saw it coming and I do believe He was looking out for me. So thank you, Lord!

Connections
Cyber Ministry
New Ministries
Confirmation of prayer and God's guidance

All great examples of what God is bringing out of the situation. I am so grateful to you for sharing.

Reactions: Messerve
Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You really think that leaving an option for the virus to be God’s work is "for the purpose of sharing stories about the good things that God is bringing out of this turbulent situation”
hmm

Yes I do. Pretending that people don't have those beliefs it's not realistic. By posing the question at the beginning in a poll it is my hope that people will express their opinion there in the poll and leave their opinion out of the postings on this thread. So this thread can be dedicated to the good things that God is doing within the situation. However, it seems very apparent that people cannot even follow basic instructions.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe in the Fall myth.

Not sure what man could have done about the virus other than prepare better.

All else is in God's hands and more than we know is all part of God's unfolding plan.
Your response is not at all in line with what this thread is actually about.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I do. Pretending that people don't have those beliefs it's not realistic. By posing the question at the beginning in a poll it is my hope that people will express their opinion there in the poll and leave their opinion out of the postings on this thread. So this thread can be dedicated to the good things that God is doing within the situation. However, it seems very apparent that people cannot even follow basic instructions.
Ya I didn’t see the connection between the poll and the purpose of the thread either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reborn1977

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All I did was answer the questions.

There is a poll at the beginning of this posting that allows you to give input on what you believe to be the source of the virus. There is no question posed about that beyond that poll by the person who started the thread, me.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since people seem to be having a difficult time separating two different thoughts, let me explain once again what this thread is intended for. Afterwhich, if you cannot post in accordance with what the thread is about, what the thread is about NOT the poll question, please do not post at all.

During a time when people are obviously focused on the devastation of this virus and their fear surrounding the virus, I would like for this board to be a respus from all of that and instead focus on the good fruit that you see God bringing out of this situation.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a poll at the beginning of this posting that allows you to give input on what you believe to be the source of the virus. There is no question posed about that beyond that poll by the person who started the thread, me.

Why ask a poll question if you are not interested in the answers?

I thought something the Pope said Friday was significant:

"You are calling on us to seize this time of trial as a time of choosing. It is not the time of your judgement, but of our judgement: a time to choose what matters and what passes away, a time to separate what is necessary from what is not. It is a time to get our lives back on track with regard to you, Lord, and to others."

It may still be too early to see the fruit of all the choices being made. We are all being forced to a less distracted lifestyle, no things to go to. For those fortunate enough to have supportive families, it is a time of deeper bonding.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't believe in the Fall myth.

Not sure what man could have done about the virus other than prepare better.

All else is in God's hands and more than we know is all part of God's unfolding plan.
It is a reverse of Cain’s culture whether you believe the account or not.Life is no longer based on comfort and indulgence. No one can seek intellectual and sensual pleasures instead of seeking God’s way in this. And it’s not about a concentration on self, (except in cases that even the news reports as despicable) but the news is now looking for good things to report. I’ve never seen that before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reborn1977

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why ask a poll question if you are not interested in the answers?

I thought something the Pope said Friday was significant:

"You are calling on us to seize this time of trial as a time of choosing. It is not the time of your judgement, but of our judgement: a time to choose what matters and what passes away, a time to separate what is necessary from what is not. It is a time to get our lives back on track with regard to you, Lord, and to others."

It may still be too early to see the fruit of all the choices being made. We are all being forced to a less distracted lifestyle, no things to go to. For those fortunate enough to have supportive families, it is a time of deeper bonding.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time holding two lines of thought that COULD be connected but are not. The poll is just that, a poll, not to be commented on in the thread. The thread was for a different purpose, though they are both about the virus gripping the globe.

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a reverse of Cain’s culture whether you believe the account or not.Life is no longer based on comfort and indulgence. No one can seek intellectual and sensual pleasures instead of seeking God’s way in this. And it’s not about a concentration on self, (except in cases that even the news reports as despicable) but the news is now looking for good things to report. I’ve never seen that before.

This is NOT what this thread is meant for or about!

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since people seem to be having a difficult time separating two different thoughts, let me explain once again what this thread is intended for. Afterwhich, if you cannot post in accordance with what the thread is about, what the thread is about NOT the poll question, please do not post at all.

During a time when people are obviously focused on the devastation of this virus and their fear surrounding the virus, I would like for this board to be a respus from all of that and instead focus on the good fruit that you see God bringing out of this situation.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is NOT what this thread is meant for or about!
You can sure tell a spirit by it’s fruit, humbug. A forced turning from idols may be as good as a real one if it means turning to God. Have a lovely day. Unsubscribe.

Upvote 0