✟68,159.00
Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to fruit and truth devotions

Be blessed as you read if you have enjoyed then please share.

JOB 6

30 Is their iniquity in my tongue? cannot my taste discern perverse things?

TASTING YOUR TONGUE

Job asks two very probing and potent questions; we all need to answer!

Iniquity is a lifestyle of sin.

He asks the question, is speaking curses and swearing a way of life? If it is, then it is not the right way for the Christian and they should repent. In many passages in both the OT and NT, such as Proverbs 15, James 3 and Ephesians 4, we are taught that if the tongue is out of control, then the person using the tongue is also out of control. I know my tongue gets me into the biggest trouble, and on occasion, I wish it wasn't there.

Second, he asks, if his taste buds can discern the things he is speaking? Our taste buds can taste various things; some can taste sweet things, and some sour. Likewise, our spiritual taste buds should be able to taste anything that is perverse and opposite to the good things of God. But as you get older, like me, your taste buds lose their ability to decipher flavours, and likewise we sometimes lose our spiritual taste buds.

We need to ask these questions to ourselves and to keep our tongues with a bridle, because it says in James that the tongue is a world of iniquity and an unruly evil: James 3:6, 8.

Please ask these questions every day, what is your answer?

Further study

Proverbs 15
Ephesians 4
James 3

God bless you

Keith