Frontman of Christian rock band reveals he no longer believes in God and explains how he lost his...

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...faith after spending a year questioning the Bible, Christian culture and his upbringing as a pastor's son

The frontman of a Christian rock band has revealed on social media that he no longer believes in God.

Jonathan Steingard, the lead singer for Hawk Nelson, renounced his faith last Wednesday in a lengthy Instagram post.

Steingard said that he has been 'terrified to post this for a while -- but it feels like it's time to be honest'.

'After growing up in a Christian home, being a pastor’s kid, playing and singing in a Christian band, and having the word "Christian" in front of most of the things in my life — I am now finding that I no longer believe in God,' he wrote.

Steingard explained that it wasn't something that he decided overnight and said he had been questioning God, the Bible and his upbringing.

Continued below.
Frontman of Christian rock band reveals he no longer believes in God | Daily Mail Online

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
...faith after spending a year questioning the Bible, Christian culture and his upbringing as a pastor's son

The frontman of a Christian rock band has revealed on social media that he no longer believes in God.

Jonathan Steingard, the lead singer for Hawk Nelson, renounced his faith last Wednesday in a lengthy Instagram post.

Steingard said that he has been 'terrified to post this for a while -- but it feels like it's time to be honest'.

'After growing up in a Christian home, being a pastor’s kid, playing and singing in a Christian band, and having the word "Christian" in front of most of the things in my life — I am now finding that I no longer believe in God,' he wrote.

Steingard explained that it wasn't something that he decided overnight and said he had been questioning God, the Bible and his upbringing.

Continued below.
Frontman of Christian rock band reveals he no longer believes in God | Daily Mail Online
Sad

Reactions: Lyrasong
Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The idea that God acts like a totally different God between Testaments has always fascinated me.

In the Old Testament, God takes on a vengeful and violent nature, appears to be written from the POV of one lacking the indwelling of His Holy Spirit. Certainly, there is no reconciliation between man and God.

In the New Testament all the letters and Gospels are written from a member of the Church and the reconciliation has happened between these men and God, showing a clear abiding relationship with
the indwelling of God's Holy Spirit.

Same God in both eras, different influences upon mankind interacting with Him. Very few people were blessed with the Spirit of God in the O.T. and this is reflected in the way the O.T. is written. In an adversarial POV.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The idea that God acts like a totally different God between Testaments has always fascinated me.

In the Old Testament, God takes on a vengeful and violent nature, appears to be written from the POV of one lacking the indwelling of His Holy Spirit. Certainly, there is no reconciliation between man and God.

In the New Testament all the letters and Gospels are written from a member of the Church and the reconciliation has happened between these men and God, showing a clear abiding relationship with
the indwelling of God's Holy Spirit.

Same God in both eras, different influences upon mankind interacting with Him. Very few people were blessed with the Spirit of God in the O.T. and this is reflected in the way the O.T. is written. In an adversarial POV.

Old Testament: Instead it's over and over Grace and mercy for any that will repent.

And this amazing chapter that you'll never forget tells the full flavor:

Isaiah 55 NIV

@RayJeena

Upvote 0

Lyrasong

Oct 3, 2012
✟16,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Our walk with the Lord bypasses our understanding so often. We are viewing reality from the reverse side of the tapestry, but once we have opened our hearts to Him, He will never let us go. God will meet this young man in his questions.

Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Old Testament: Instead it's over and over Grace and mercy for any that will repent.

And this amazing chapter that you'll never forget tells the full flavor:

Isaiah 55 NIV

@RayJeena

Still, man's view of God is adversarial without God's Holy Spirit. Throughout the O.T. God pleads with man to listen to His guidance and laws, but the only success realized is with those He chooses to work with and endows with His Spirit.
Even in this era mankind is antagonistic towards God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums