From the New York Times: I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Reading the article, it appears as if they're talking about classified or other sensitive government information, not the broader scope covered by typical private-sector NDA's.

Reading more closely, I think you're right.

Hachette is not party to any nondisclosure agreements with the U.S. government that would require any pre-publication review of this book, and Hachette routinely relies on its authors to comply with any contractual obligations they may have.

I would have to believe Hachette would ensure there is no classified information in the book.

• Agree
Reactions: TLK Valentine
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,183.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
As for him being the author, not only have we already established that it's well beyond his reading/writing level, but whenever Donald pretends to be his own publicist (which he's done before) it's been to praise himself, not paint himself as a bumbling incompetent who needs vital paperwork stolen off his desk so that he doesn't sign it and wreck the country...

...it's just not in his nature to pull off anything this slick.
That's not true. He told a suspected leaker his idea about bombing hurricanes in order to certify that she was in fact the leaker, even though it made him seem stupid to some gullible people. He didn't invent that trick, I'm sure, but it was clever to use it.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's not true. He told a suspected leaker his idea about bombing hurricanes in order to certify that she was in fact the leaker, even though it made him seem stupid to some gullible people. He didn't invent that trick, I'm sure, but it was clever to use it.

I don't suppose you have a source for that claim, do you? The only place I've seen that brought up is in speculation on The Daily Wire:
Did Trump Suggest Nuking Hurricanes To Identify Leakers?

• Optimistic
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,183.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't suppose you have a source for that claim, do you? The only place I've seen that brought up is in speculation on The Daily Wire:
Did Trump Suggest Nuking Hurricanes To Identify Leakers?
I can't read that link, but do you really need a source for something that's common sense? If he was serious, it would not be a secret, therefore couldn't be "leaked". See, the inability to think clearly (among other things) when it comes to Trump is why they call it "derangement syndrome".
He, she, whatever.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I can't read that link, but do you really need a source for something that's common sense? If he was serious, it would not be a secret, therefore couldn't be "leaked". See, the inability to think clearly (among other things) when it comes to Trump is why they call it "derangement syndrome".

You call this "thinking clearly"?

Let's take it from the top... walk us through your thought process on this one...

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,183.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You call this "thinking clearly"?

Let's take it from the top... walk us through your thought process on this one...
From the top? I explained it in one short sentence. What part don't you understand?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
From the top? I explained it in one short sentence. What part don't you understand?

Help me out here, then:

Donald must have been joking, because had he been serious, he would not have kept it a secret -- the logic being that... what? Donald always shares everything he's "seriously" considering?

Is that where you were going with this?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Help me out here, then:

Donald must have been joking, because had he been serious, he would not have kept it a secret -- the logic being that... what? Donald always shares everything he's "seriously" considering?

Is that where you were going with this?
Comrades! Presidential Trump was playing checkers in fourth demented. Glorious Chosen Guy lay big trap for disloyal traitors by saying stupid things and having evil mediums put them on TV. Nobody can act stupid like Presidential Trump!

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,183.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Help me out here, then:

Donald must have been joking, because had he been serious, he would not have kept it a secret --
Yes, and he also wouldn't have later denied saying it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and he also wouldn't have later denied saying it.

Sounds like you're saying that anything Donald publicly says, he's 100% serious.

Meaning... what? Only his jokes are classified?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Comrades! Presidential Trump was playing checkers in fourth demented. Glorious Chosen Guy lay big trap for disloyal traitors by saying stupid things and having evil mediums put them on TV. Nobody can act stupid like Presidential Trump!
Well ... one works with the talents one has.
Winking_smiley.gif

Reminds one of an old saying ...
dumb_fox.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well ... one works with the talents on has.
Winking_smiley.gif

Reminds me of King Midas' "talent" to turn anything he touched into gold...

...Remember the down side of that talent?

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,183.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous. But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.
Anonymous, of course, but absolutely true according to the New York Times. No "deep state" here. Nope. Just good people doing good things.

Anonymous no more.

Make no mistake: I am a Republican, and I wanted this President to succeed. That’s why I came into the Administration with John Kelly, and it’s why I stayed on as Chief of Staff at the Department of Homeland Security. But too often in times of crisis, I saw Donald Trump prove he is a man without character, and his personal defects have resulted in leadership failures so significant that they can be measured in lost American lives. I witnessed Trump’s inability to do his job over the course of two-and-a-half years. Everyone saw it, though most were hesitant to speak up for fear of reprisals.

Trump has been exactly what we conservatives always said government should NOT be: expansive, wasteful, arbitrary, unpredictable, and prone to abuses of power. Worse still, as I’ve noted previously, he’s waged an all-out assault on reason, preferring to enthrone emotion and impulse in the seat of government.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

Yes, if it was his word alone. As he points out, "Because since the op-ed was published, I’ve been joined by an unprecedented number of former colleagues who’ve chosen to speak out against the man they once served. Donald Trump’s character and record have now been challenged in myriad ways by his own former Chief of Staff, National Security Advisor, Communications Director, Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, Director of National Intelligence, Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and others he personally appointed."

As he points out, there have been plenty of Trump appointees that have spoken out about Trump -- just that people like you always refuse to believe the words of those that actually worked for and with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0