From the New York Times: I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟864,468.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And the author will remain anonymous. ^_^ As with telephone psychic hotlines, the credulous are always a great source of revenue.

That's true even when the author is well known.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
And the author will remain anonymous. ^_^ As with telephone psychic hotlines, the credulous are always a great source of revenue.

It worked for the gospels.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟864,468.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm not going to commit myself to a guess, but part of me still so very much wants to believe it's Mike Pence.
I'm convinced it's Trump himself. All the derangement throughout his term is so wonderfully useful for getting him his second term.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm convinced it's Trump himself. All the derangement throughout his term is so wonderfully useful for getting him his second term.

Not a chance -- I read the original NYT article... it's far too articulate and verbose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The Justice Department is going on the offensive against the anonymous author of "A Warning," telling them in a letter obtained by CNN Business that he or she may be violating "one or more nondisclosure agreements" by writing the anti-Trump book.

The author's publisher is rejecting the argument and saying the book will be released as scheduled.

NDA violation? At least it seems clear the book breaks no laws. Just, at worst, some contract violation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The Justice Department is going on the offensive against the anonymous author of "A Warning," telling them in a letter obtained by CNN Business that he or she may be violating "one or more nondisclosure agreements" by writing the anti-Trump book.

The author's publisher is rejecting the argument and saying the book will be released as scheduled.

NDA violation? At least it seems clear the book breaks no laws. Just, at worst, some contract violation.

Besides, I thought government employees can't be compelled by a NDA... as long as they don't leak classified information, they're free.

Donald must be frightened indeed if he's making up stuff to threaten people with.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Trump's attorneys are also trying to thuggishly intimidate his 20-something former personal assistant from proceeding with writing a memoir about her experiences working for him (from her crying on the night he was elected to when she was shoved out for revealing an unsavory but unsurprising truth), on the claim that she is in violation of the NDA he forced her to sign. To clarify, she's absolutely not the author of the anonymous book, but this post pertains to that person because her attorneys' right to quash the unenforceable NDA will have an impact on others in Trump's dysfunctional White House.

She had befriended similar-aged reporters who frequently traveled with the White House staff and stayed in the same hotel as assistants and others on that level. They went out for an off-the-record dinner / drinks and she was, of course, asked about her experiences working for the Donald. She revealed that he was embarrassed of Tiffany Trump due to her weight (despite his own obesity) and did not like to appear in pictures with her. This detail got divulged even though she hadn't expected it to, and she was compelled to resign. She's now been signed by one of the top literary agents who has put a high-profile law firm to task with quashing the NDA since she was an employee of the White House and not Trump personally. Executive privilege is only to cover matters of national secrecy, not deeply unflattering personal conduct. I don't think Trump ever denied his cruelty towards his daughter......his ire was just that it shouldn't be made public.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I wouldn't call Donald "deranged."

"Paranoid," certainly; "frightened," absolutely... but if he were "deranged," he'd have been 25th-Amendmented to the curb by now.

As for him being the author, not only have we already established that it's well beyond his reading/writing level, but whenever Donald pretends to be his own publicist (which he's done before) it's been to praise himself, not paint himself as a bumbling incompetent who needs vital paperwork stolen off his desk so that he doesn't sign it and wreck the country...

...it's just not in his nature to pull off anything this slick.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟555,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Besides, I thought government employees can't be compelled by a NDA... as long as they don't leak classified information, they're free.

Donald must be frightened indeed if he's making up stuff to threaten people with.

Reading the article, it appears as if they're talking about classified or other sensitive government information, not the broader scope covered by typical private-sector NDA's.

From what I recall from other people who've left his administration, some of their NDA's have been tied to their employment with the campaign or with the Trump Org.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Reading the article, it appears as if they're talking about classified or other sensitive government information, not the broader scope covered by typical private-sector NDA's.

From what I recall from other people who've left his administration, some of their NDA's have been tied to their employment with the campaign or with the Trump Org.

Well, much as I'm sure Donald would love to classify anything embarrassing to himself as "Classified: TOP SECRET," I doubt it works that way.

Upvote 0