• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

From Struck with Fear to Freedom

Discussion in 'Testimonies' started by Timothy1212, May 16, 2019 at 11:58 AM.

Tags:
  1. Timothy1212

Timothy1212 New Member

+4
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    When I was 4 or 5, I experienced my first grief. My mother's best friend died of a heart attack. I came home to find my mom crying at the top of the stairs uncontrollably. I did all I could to soothe her, but I didn't realize what death really was. Later, in school, the kids at the lunch table started to talk about angels, and I had my first anxiety attack. I realize now I was afraid of death at a young age. This eventually spiraled into full blown psychosis when I was 19. Years went by with many changes in medication and building up coping skills.

I am here to testify that nothing has saved me more than Jesus. I've been through intense panic attacks, weeks of pure fear, and loneliness that I don't wish on anyone. Simply speaking His name brings me all the comfort I could ever ask for. I still take my meds, but I know the King of kings is waiting to pull me into His arms and celebrate with Him for all eternity.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?