✟9,702.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,
since a long time I am reading spiritual books. Always searching for meaning. Buddhism helped me a lot to calm fears. To accept and let go. But I missed trust (in god). But I was to scientific at that time. So I read more and more. Walsch, course in miracles and so on. Was fascinated by Tarot, astrology. And every information even if it felt nice led to more questions and insecurity. New Age developed a belief in god...or at the start the hope for god. But like i said it didn't helped me. In the contrary there was this insecurity. And more questions.
Some weeks ago there was that night I had a huge experience. I felt that trust lies in the bible. Truth doesn't lie in hundered of New Age-Books. It lies in Jesus Christ. Not in books which are 20 years old or younger. It lies in the book which is so old...and still valid!!
Since this experience I threw away the course in miracles (which is in some points the opposite of the bible so there is no surprise it confuses you by the way!) and all New Age and esoteric books! I thre away tarot cards and deleted stuff I found in my radix. Since then I read in the bible. And since then I pray in the name of Jesus. And since then I have this warm feeling I had in my childhood. I feel secure. I am just beginning! But yes...I am sure this is my way!

So now I am here. First of all I don't know other Christians. In Germany there a just a few Christians in huge cities. Jesus is not "en vogue" anymore. In fact Buddhism and the law of attraction is...and atheism first of all. And Corona does not allow contact to churches and groups at the moment. And maybe thats ok to start? So I hope to meet Christians here and I think that should be easy ;-)
On the other Hand I love to talk in English!!! But I am afraid you notice...I am not used to it and I have to improve my skills. I would love to improve it! So I hope to meet new people (maybe even pen pals) from the states, UK or Australia. To talk about the bible, belief or daily life. And maybe pals who mention bad (grammar) mistakes ;-)

So here I am...Please do not hesitate to write me :)

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you so much! By the way: how can I change my name? Believeme...that was to spontaneous :-(

Hello @believeme and welcome to the CF!

I think that's a cool username.

But if you really want to change it, I think you might have to pay in blessings.

Maybe a mod. Or another member can let us know for sure.

If so, let me know if you need some blessings!

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BibleBeliever1611

May 3, 2020
Vantaa
✟80,648.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also came from New Age to Jesus. I was really into eastern religions and I was really fascinated by them and I liked to study them a lot. I listened a lot of so-called spiritual teachers. But then I just felt like Christianity is the one true religion and Jesus is the real God. And I didn't really know why but I kind of just felt that way. I believe God was drawing me because he wanted to get me saved (I'm not a Calvinist though because according to John 12:32 God is also drawing everyone else, not just me).

If you came from Buddhism you may want to listen this

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,526.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,
since a long time I am reading spiritual books. Always searching for meaning. Buddhism helped me a lot to calm fears. To accept and let go. But I missed trust (in god). But I was to scientific at that time. So I read more and more. Walsch, course in miracles and so on. Was fascinated by Tarot, astrology. And every information even if it felt nice led to more questions and insecurity. New Age developed a belief in god...or at the start the hope for god. But like i said it didn't helped me. In the contrary there was this insecurity. And more questions.
Some weeks ago there was that night I had a huge experience. I felt that trust lies in the bible. Truth doesn't lie in hundered of New Age-Books. It lies in Jesus Christ. Not in books which are 20 years old or younger. It lies in the book which is so old...and still valid!!
Since this experience I threw away the course in miracles (which is in some points the opposite of the bible so there is no surprise it confuses you by the way!) and all New Age and esoteric books! I thre away tarot cards and deleted stuff I found in my radix. Since then I read in the bible. And since then I pray in the name of Jesus. And since then I have this warm feeling I had in my childhood. I feel secure. I am just beginning! But yes...I am sure this is my way!

So now I am here. First of all I don't know other Christians. In Germany there a just a few Christians in huge cities. Jesus is not "en vogue" anymore. In fact Buddhism and the law of attraction is...and atheism first of all. And Corona does not allow contact to churches and groups at the moment. And maybe thats ok to start? So I hope to meet Christians here and I think that should be easy ;-)
On the other Hand I love to talk in English!!! But I am afraid you notice...I am not used to it and I have to improve my skills. I would love to improve it! So I hope to meet new people (maybe even pen pals) from the states, UK or Australia. To talk about the bible, belief or daily life. And maybe pals who mention bad (grammar) mistakes ;-)

So here I am...Please do not hesitate to write me :)

Excellent...

Congratulations on finding Jesus.

If you want to I may be able to put you in touch with a German speaking believer who was similarly transformed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello believeme,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 286360

48922159f37139d5783fcb48c514dac3.gif

Upvote 0

believeme

Oct 14, 2020
Europe
✟9,702.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much! I am glad to join this community!!

@BibleBeliever1611 Yes absolutely! Is there a possibility to talk about after watching it? Is there a forumthread or may I contact you (I guess "newbies" are not allowed to send mails)?

If you want to I may be able to put you in touch with a German speaking believer who was similarly transformed.

Oh that would be wonderful! Again: is it possible to contact you by mail? I don't want to make my email public. Hope thats ok?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,526.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

@BibleBeliever1611 Yes absolutely! Is there a apossibility to talk about after watching it? Is there a forumthread or may I contact you (I guess "newbies" are not allowed to send mails)?

Oh that would be wonderful! Again: is it possible to contact you by mail? I don't want to make my email public. Hope thats ok?

Just click on my name and send a private message.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,526.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

@BibleBeliever1611 Yes absolutely! Is there a possibility to talk about after watching it? Is there a forumthread or may I contact you (I guess "newbies" are not allowed to send mails)?

I just sent you a PM...

Upvote 0