Russell
✟15,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been looking for someplace where I could share my testimony for a while now, and I so happy that God lead me here.

When I was young, I was raised to be Christian by my parents. However, they were not 'strict' Christians so we never really went to church, worshiped, etc. The only thing I can vividly remember doing is praying, and even then I only remember doing it out of habit rather then want. When I first started high school, I had a friend that I used to be very close to. So when she mentioned to me things regarding New Age practices and beliefs, I was quick to do some google searches to learn more. And the more the read, the more hooked I became. So at the young age of 13, I considered myself to be a Wiccan.

I always loved things regarding witchcraft, the paranormal, magick, etc when I was growing up, so when I found a religion that encompassed all of these things, I had felt like I hit the jackpot. I started gathering materials, buying books, reading and writing down the things I learned, even going as far as introducing my mother to some of these practices and my friends. This lasted up until I was around 16 or 17, then like these things do, they took a darker turn.

When you're young and just learning, you don't realize what sorts of things these harmless "protection" spells can open you up to. But as a depressed teen, I soon began to realize. Somehow, I went from being a Wiccan and only doing things that I thought were good, to looking into Satanism, ceremonial magick, demons, etc. These were some very dark times in my life and I believe that since I was a depressed teen full of anxiety with emotionally abusive parents, this really helped to open the doors to these dark things.

Thankfully, these darker things didn't last very long with the older I became, but even today I am realizing that these dark times still have left doors open. When I was around 18, I decided I didn't have a name for what I practiced, I just did whatever I wanted. I got deeply involved in Tarot reading, pendulums, spells, crystals, etc, because I believed that all of this was good and I was doing the best thing for myself.

Fast forward to when I was 19; I met the love of my life and got married and we moved in together. The house was small, but was big enough for the two of us. He knew about my practice, and didn't question or make me feel guilty about it. So, I continued doing what I had always been doing. However, in this house, crazy things began happening. Things ended up in my dryer on their own, we lost our remote and found it up in the loft (which you had to climb a ladder to get to), we'd hear running on our porches, and worst of all my husband began have horrible night terrors.

One moment that stands out to me was one night when my husband had to stay in the hospital overnight, and we'd asked my mother in law to pick up some things from the house to bring to us. When she made it to the hospital, she said she could see with her own eyes pitch black smoke and shadows surrounding the doorway to our home, and that she refused to go in and so sent in my brother-in-law.

It was just a few months after this that I really had my experience with God. I remember waking up one day in April, and I just had it in my brain, 'hey, I really want to read my bible' and the thought just kept coming to me without ceasing. So I did. I dug my bible out from my old drawers (honestly I'm not sure how it was even there after we moved), and I began reading Genesis. And it was like, right there something clicked. So I packed away my old things- my tarot decks and my crystals, and I began on the journey to getting my life right with God.

This has been over a year ago, and my husband I are now living with his family due to having to leave our house because of black mold. During the last year I tried to practice both my New Age beliefs, and worship God all the same, but I have now begun understanding that that will not work. My husband's nightmares started again, he has began seeing shadows and beings in the doorway to our room, and I even heard what I fully believe to be a demon, scream in the dead of night so loud it woke me up, but I was the only one to hear it.

I am now fully committed to changing the way I live. I am getting rid of these demonic things that open doors, and I am fully devoting my life to Jesus Christ. This is my testimony that even after all of these trials and tribulations I have endured, I know the Father will still have his arms open wide ready for me to come Home.

OrthodoxWanderer

May 4, 2020
NSEW
✟77,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Wow!

Your story nearly mirrors mine. Got really into the Bible aged 13, boom! the occult showed up immediately, got into that for a number of years instead, decided to do it professionally, got very deep into the "heavy" stuff, life went to utter s--t, last April out of nowhere found Christ again/He found me. I've left the occult behind and haven't looked back. Consequently, life has calmed down considerably. Will keep you and your husband in my prayers that you continue on the right path. No, you cannot practice anything New Age or occult and be a Christian. Been there, done that. A trick of the enemy: when he sees he cannot separate a soul from its Maker, he confuses the soul into believing they can be all things and Christian at the same time. You're not alone in this and God is forgiving and merciful, so don't despair, but know that life will remain disturbing as long as you allow disturbing things into it.
Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
creativemind243, thank you for posting your testimony.

Agree there are so many (including believers of Jesus) who "don't realize what sorts of things these harmless "protection" spells can open you up to." Whether we"ve been into new age, witchcraft or some other behavior or mindset that we shouldn't have, we all have "...sin crouches at your door; its desire is for you, but you must master it." (Gen 4:7). As you"ve realizied, we can only overcome through Christ.

Our walk is definitely a process.

So thankful that you let Him into your heart, your world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Walk together

Jun 25, 2021
sydney
✟30,237.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
I am so happy that you are taking the right steps now and ridding yourself of your practices in the past. Stay close to Jesus as he is truly the only one that can save you. God and Jesus will be very pleased with you they love you and need you to love them.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is what we have heard:
And He (Christ) shall stand and shepherd His flock in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God. And they shall dwell secure, for now He (Christ) shall be great to the ends of the earth. -Micah 5:4
And He (Christ) shall be their peace. -Micah 5:5

Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟114,865.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I always believed in God, but got involved in ghosts, paranormal and afterlife. I once went to a spiritualist, and he told me that If I carried on with my wayward life, i would end up taking my own life. I immediately knew that all that stuff was evil. I sent him a card with Deuteronomy 18:10-12

Reactions: Walk together
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Alan Strudwick was a New Age leader and yoga master. He talked about serving the spirits that he had invited in. Then decades later he accepted Christ. He found Jesus to be much better than those other gods and told his guru. It was an interesting interview. (sidroth.org television archives from May).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting to see how Satan works to direct religion seekers to cults and demonic ways; and sadly many seekers regularly fail to consider the Holy Word of God, and listen to religious ideologies. Satan is ever ready to divert religious type people to his destructive ways! Christians need to urge any religious seekers to the four Gospel books of the Bible, and see John 3; John 14; Romans 8; etc. for the foundation of truth as God has provided man. Let us not speak of religion to seekers, but TO THE HOLY BIBLE (I much recommend the Authorized KJV Bible for the best picture of God's truth, without modern adaptations to water it down). We NEED the Gospels and not religious reasonings!

• Winner
Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0