USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to live in a beautiful home with my mom and sister. My parents were divorced so my dad had his own place. Everything was going ok and I thought my life was well. Knowing that I had a home, a mom, a dad (even though we weren't close) and my sister. But things starting to change in 2005. My dad got cancer and died in a week in the hospital. He never complained about any pain whenever me or my sister saw him. This was a shock. I grieved over my dad for a little but I calmed down knowing that I still had my mom. But in 2008 my mom then died suddenly from an accident. It was just me, my sister, and my maternal grandma. I had no other relatives besides those 2. After my mom died, I was going through hell with my sister and grandma. My mom's sudden death put all drama on us. My house had to be sold (which was another loss for me) and me and my sister moved in with our grandma. Which I hated b/c I was never close to my grandma. Things then got worse so I decided to leave my family and lived with a friend for a while. I ended up going back with my family though after some time. It's 11 years later now. I feel like my life was going good til my mom's death. I never thought I would lose my mom and dad in my early 20s. I always thought me and my sister would live in our house forever, my dad living longer, and my grandma would die before my mom. Now with fearing of being without a family and no friends in the future, I regret being born. I wish I could go back in time and not come on earth. I ask myself over and over of why did this happen to me? What did I do wrong to lose my mom, my dad, and my home? I'm so depressed and stressed and feel like this was a punishment for me.

Last edited:

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prayers, waves. I can't imagine how hard and sad this is. I know how awful life can feel, and how it does seem like we're being punished. But God, in Christ, loves you. Offer Him your suffering. Talk to Him about your loneliness. Treat Him as a loving, wise, divine therapist. I do that, sometimes. It helps! Always.

Jesus loves you, dear. Life can be weird and difficult and throw us sorrow. Satan is active, too, and enjoys using pain to harm our faith. I am so sorry for your losses. Please know that you are loved, and a treasure. And that however unlikely it seems right now, Heaven will be worth all this. It will.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so depressed and stressed and feel like this was a punishment for me.
We need to learn how to speak words of life, health & healing. Often people are depressed because they do not do anything for others. Loving, caring - giving people are usually very happy people. People that are stressed usually have some sort of conflict that they need to resolve. Could be they are in conflict with themselves or perhaps conflict with God and the person He Created them to be. Also we are to be born again and become a new Creation in Christ. We die to who we were and we become the person God wants us to be. I see a lot of people go though the born again experience and they receive the Holy Spirit of God as their Teacher, Comforter and Guide. They go from sad to glad very fast. They no longer mourn, they give thanks and praise to God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God helps us through every sadness. Without faith there is no joy.

I've learned that being alone the majority of my time isn't without hope. I spend more time than ever talking to God. The joy of the Lord is my strength.

What if we woke up tomorrow with only what we thanked God for today?

Christian Psalm 23 (Modern).jpg

Christian 2 Corinthians 6-18.jpg

Christian corrie-ten-boom-quote.jpg

Upvote 0

pink318

Mar 23, 2018
Riverside
✟13,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello- My father passed away when I was 29 then after 10 years my mother passed away. We are 6 in the family and I am the eldest. Even though we are already adults, it’s hard for me to live without my parents. I love them so much and I miss them. I was afraid of how can we live our lives without them. God is good, it’s been years, me and my siblings are doing well. I understand how you feel because I’ve been in that situation. It may take a while to adjust but I want to encourage you to grieve, cry whenever you miss them. It will help you to cope and heal.

“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” (Matthew 5:4)

“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:18)

I’m sorry you are going through this season of life, praying for you for peace and comfort as you go through this journey. Please stay strong. Please keep us posted. God bless.

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟841,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Praying for you. God does care and love you. I pray that you will seek Christian counseling so that you can deal with your hurt and despair. It is very hard to lose our loved ones, I have lost a brother, a niece and my Mother, so I feel for you.

Upvote 0

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello- My father passed away when I was 29 then after 10 years my mother passed away. We are 6 in the family and I am the eldest. Even though we are already adults, it’s hard for me to live without my parents. I love them so much and I miss them. I was afraid of how can we live our lives without them. God is good, it’s been years, me and my siblings are doing well. I understand how you feel because I’ve been in that situation. It may take a while to adjust but I want to encourage you to grieve, cry whenever you miss them. It will help you to cope and heal.

“Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.” (Matthew 5:4)

“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:18)

I’m sorry you are going through this season of life, praying for you for peace and comfort as you go through this journey. Please stay strong. Please keep us posted. God bless.

My deepest condolences to you too about your parents. How are you and your siblings holding up w/o your parents?

Upvote 0

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you. God does care and love you. I pray that you will seek Christian counseling so that you can deal with your hurt and despair. It is very hard to lose our loved ones, I have lost a brother, a niece and my Mother, so I feel for you.

I'm so sorry about your losses. I too am sending you my prayers. How do you cope with this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

believerwithallmyheart

Site Supporter
May 21, 2013
New York
✟77,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry to hear things are tough, but please don't feel that this is a punishment. Just yesterday I was listening to a sermon and the pastor was saying that when bad or unfair things are happening it is not a punishment, it is God refining us, making us stronger and preparing us for good things that He has in store for us. It's the same as working out - in order to build the muscle you have to go through pain. So please don't feel so discouraged, God is with you, please try to find something positive and focus on that. You are in my prayers

• Friendly
Reactions: Aquatic Waves
Upvote 0

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to hear things are tough, but please don't feel that this is a punishment. Just yesterday I was listening to a sermon and the pastor was saying that when bad or unfair things are happening it is not a punishment, it is God refining us, making us stronger and preparing us for good things that He has in store for us. It's the same as working out - in order to build the muscle you have to go through pain. So please don't feel so discouraged, God is with you, please try to find something positive and focus on that. You are in my prayers

I was strong for a little while after a few years my mom passed. But I became so angry at her. So at that time, I stopped grieving about her. However just recently, something woke me up to stop being angry and hateful to my mom. The anger had now turned back to grief and guilt. I realized what I done was so horrible. Most likely Satan was doing that to me. I look back now and I miss my old life. I ask Lord Jesus to forgive for all what I done. Both past and present sins and being angry at my mom. I just wish I could go back in time and prevent the things I had done and to save my mom's life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tyler52

Aug 11, 2019
Attica
✟29,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I used to live in a beautiful home with my mom and sister. My parents were divorced so my dad had his own place. Everything was going ok and I thought my life was well. Knowing that I had a home, a mom, a dad (even though we weren't close) and my sister. But things starting to change in 2005. My dad got cancer and died in a week in the hospital. He never complained about any pain whenever me or my sister saw him. This was a shock. I grieved over my dad for a little but I calmed down knowing that I still had my mom. But in 2008 my mom then died suddenly from an accident. It was just me, my sister, and my maternal grandma. I had no other relatives besides those 2. After my mom died, I was going through hell with my sister and grandma. My mom's sudden death put all drama on us. My house had to be sold (which was another loss for me) and me and my sister moved in with our grandma. Which I hated b/c I was never close to my grandma. Things then got worse so I decided to leave my family and lived with a friend for a while. I ended up going back with my family though after some time. It's 11 years later now. I feel like my life was going good til my mom's death. I never thought I would lose my mom and dad in my early 20s. I always thought me and my sister would live in our house forever, my dad living longer, and my grandma would die before my mom. Now with fearing of being without a family and no friends in the future, I regret being born. I wish I could go back in time and not come on earth. I ask myself over and over of why did this happen to me? What did I do wrong to lose my mom, my dad, and my home? I'm so depressed and stressed and feel like this was a punishment for me.
God loves you. He will never leave you. That isn't to say that you can sin as much as you want and expect him to stick around, but if you pursue his ways and try to develop a relationship with him, then he will stay close to you. God bless you and I hope that everything goes well for all of you guys.
Matthew 5:3-16,21-26 ESV
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [4] "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. [5] "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. [6] "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. [7] "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. [8] "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. [9] "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. [10] "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [11] "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. [12] Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. [13] "You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet. [14] "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. [15] Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. [16] In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. [21] "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.' [22] But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, 'You fool!' will be liable to the hell of fire. [23] So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, [24] leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. [25] Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. [26] Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.
Matthew 6:25-34 ESV
"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? [26] Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? [27] And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? [28] And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, [29] yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. [30] But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? [31] Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' [32] For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. [33] But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. [34] "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Upvote 0

Aquatic Waves

Mar 31, 2019
USA
✟29,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Edit thread bc I need to start telling the actual truth now and lord please forgive me for not doing this when I first made the thread. Lord have mercy on me that I am a sinner. Btw I believe this is all selfishness and I want sympathy from others. So please forgive me everyone

Yes I did stay at my grandma's house after my mom passed but it wasn't permanent. After going through a hard time with my sister and grandma, I went to go stay with a friend for a little while. I then got my own place after a month and a half. I really cannot get into what happened but a legal issue was going on between me and my sister. And then after that was settled, I sold my mom's house just me. This was back in 2010. I still live on my own today and I do visit my family. So that's what really happened. I'm sorry everyone for not telling the whole story on this.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love them so much and I miss them.
It is not like we have no contact at all with those who are in Heaven. Although I am sure they are more aware of us then we are of them. Esp they like to keep up with special events: birth of a child, marriage, people getting saved and stuff like that. I remember when I got saved it was as if there was no roof on the building and all of heaven was watching in to see the event.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am wondering if what one poster said on the Advice Forum could be right, that you are maybe suffering from OCD. He said it is associated with lots of guilt and anxiety and obsessing over things you feel you have done wrong. So, if that is the case, then I pray you will be led to help and freedom from OCD. (I still think the fasting would be beneficial, though. Can't hurt!)

Upvote 0

Tyler52

Aug 11, 2019
Attica
✟29,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Edit thread bc I need to start telling the actual truth now and lord please forgive me for not doing this when I first made the thread. Lord have mercy on me that I am a sinner. Btw I believe this is all selfishness and I want sympathy from others. So please forgive me everyone

Yes I did stay at my grandma's house after my mom passed but it wasn't permanent. After going through a hard time with my sister and grandma, I went to go stay with a friend for a little while. I then got my own place after a month and a half. I really cannot get into what happened but a legal issue was going on between me and my sister. And then after that was settled, I sold my mom's house just me. This was back in 2010. I still live on my own today and I do visit my family. So that's what really happened. I'm sorry everyone for not telling the whole story on this.
It's ok, and you may have been selfish in your eyes, but not in mine. If you have prayer request, please ask, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, just like Paul said. If you sin, ask others to pray with you, we are a priesthood of believers after all, so why not asks the priests to talk to the King with you? Try to repent, I don't think that God will hold your tattoos against you since you can't afford to get them removed, but don't get anymore. Try to make things right with your sister if you haven't already,
Matthew 5:23-24 ESV
So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, [24] leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

Try to be at peace with everyone without shying away from Christ, but if you have to choose, choose Christ. Consider what the others say about OCD, it does make having faith hard. Maybe try doing some research on OCD, pure O OCD, and other subtypes of OCD. Also, try not to be alone if you think you have OCD. From what I can tell, you're on the right path, just keep progressing on it, keep moving forward in the faith, attempting to immitate Christ. Not the modern day hippie version, nor the legalist version, but the true one. Seek truth and I do believe that it will be given to you. God bless you and I wish you luck in everything you do.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aquatic Waves
Upvote 0