Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Recently, I heard a pastor insinuate we'd have peace on earth if we'd be nice to each other. So is it that easy? Can we get from where we are, to peace on earth, by being nice to each other, or is there more to it than that?

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Recently, I heard a pastor insinuate we'd have peace on earth if we'd be nice to each other. So is it that easy? Can we get from where we are, to peace on earth, by being nice to each other, or is there more to it than that?
we would have to think about discipline to have any peace on earth first of all and there are different type of disciplines that would not categorize or have anything to do with being nice or with niceties and being good mannered and just being nice will not get things done and can still be the wheel of anger coming around so no, i don't think just being nice to each other would give all peace on earth. when circumstances are different or difficult, people tend to have other feelings come up like competition so we would need to be programmed to be able to keep other emotions out of the way.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
we would have to think about discipline to have any peace on earth first of all and there are different type of disciplines that would not categorize or have anything to do with being nice or with niceties and being good mannered and just being nice will not get things done and can still be the wheel of anger coming around so no, i don't think just being nice to each other would give all peace on earth. when circumstances are different or difficult, people tend to have other feelings come up like competition so we would need to be programmed to be able to keep other emotions out of the way.
I was thinking along the same lines. The Lord gave us commandments to follow, and not even Christians are necessarily good at following them. I would suggest to bring about world peace, we need to obey those commandments.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Some cultures consider homosexuality and sexual sins as something so normal. Other cultures will stone you to death for it while some cultures practice gossiping, back-biting, slandering, fault-finding, betraying, deceiving, judging others for no reason at all as tough its all so holy and the most righteous thing to do. This practice will not be tolerated by people from a different background. Its a twisted world out there. What the pastor said was easy to preach but not practice.

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Some cultures consider homosexuality and sexual sins as something so normal. Other cultures will stone you to death for it while some cultures practice gossiping, back-biting, slandering, fault-finding, betraying, deceiving, judging others for no reason at all as tough its all so holy and the most righteous thing to do. This practice will not be tolerated by people from a different background. Its a twisted world out there. What the pastor said was easy to preach but not practice.
I agree, restraint and harmony is what few achieves in life. At the very least I'd want to set things right by might alone with thought and purpose but even that is not being nice. That is tyranny from within as how lucifer works instead of just his following angels turned into their twisted counterparts now and demons that were already there in hell who only by his orders are mindless assault type transformations they have on us. Few things in life are as simple as being nice and mean as only picking one of those two ways in life but rather categorized as the complicated but full of insight of knowledge and power given from God.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
If we could just follow the Lord's commandments, I think we'd have peace on earth. The point I wanted to make with this thread is that we we need to obey the commandments to achieve peace.

Upvote 0